2018 (actual) off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I hope he gets a couple year deal. He was better than Hagg and AMac for a few stretches this year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The fact that mandog has lasted in the nhl this long is just a testament to who he is. A guy with less charachter and same ability wouldn't even come close to getting on a roster. good luck to him and I hope he signs with Calgary for obvious reasons

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Add a top 4 D, a depth forward and an upgrade in goal and suddenly this team is exciting again. All easily doable with the cap space and assets at Hextall’s expense.

The JVR deal is pretty fair IMO. Five years isn’t too long and won’t hurt them from signing any of their young core pieces. I like that he added a top 6 forward without crippling the team’s ability to add what it really needs.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What would the ask on Panarin be?

Hard to gauge really. With the reports out that he wants to be in only a very limited # of NHL cities could impact his value, even if it isn't necessarily true. Along with only 1 year left on his deal it is really hard to estimate.

If we didn't go out and grab JVR, he'd be my top target. Panarin - Patrick - Voracek would be a dominant line.

The most I'd give up would be 1st + 3rd + one of Ratcliffe or Allison.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
The more I think about it if you can get Bozak on a 2y +5mili contract then you do it hoping that a) we can sell him off at tdl to a team with cap b) you start Frost at wing next year with the goal of moving him to 3C and Bozak to 4C by the end of the year. I’ve been vocal that I don’t want Bozak here because he isn’t as a good as his numbers suggest, but 2 years is the perfect term. If he ask for 3 with lower AAV then it’s a no and move on.

Reactions: Jtown

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
What would the ask on Panarin be?

No idea. He seems headed to UFA next season, which lowers his value. If I were C-bus, I'd be looking for an impact roster player plus futures. I personally wouldn't think that Simmonds would be enough of an impact player to anchor such a deal, but who knows with intangibles and grit and all of that? That'd be one helluva coup for us but I can't see C-bus trading him within the division.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Hard to gauge really. With the reports out that he wants to be in only a very limited # of NHL cities could impact his value, even if it isn't necessarily true. Along with only 1 year left on his deal it is really hard to estimate.

If we didn't go out and grab JVR, he'd be my top target. Panarin - Patrick - Voracek would be a dominant line.

The most I'd give up would be 1st + 3rd + one of Ratcliffe or Allison.

Assuming Panarin shows interest in an extension, I'd make a much stronger offer than that. He's right there with Tavares in value

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
In no way would I move Giroux back to center. I'd rather have a fresher Giroux playing left or right wing. There is also no way Hextall doesn't sign or trade for a center for the third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad