Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
European Prospect Report (Eyes On The Prize): Jacob Olofsson (20/10/19)
“I feel both stronger and faster on the ice this season...”

“I'm comfortable as a winger — I get to play more offensively — but I prefer to play in the middle. I want to have more of the puck and to use my speed in the center of the ice.”

“I weigh in at 90 to 91 kg and I want to stay around that weight in order to not get too heavy and slow.”

“It's tough at the moment... However, I feel that I am playing at a high level, so my thought process is to practice even harder, and then I'll create my own break.”

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he hasn't looked very good, we know he was once again injured so he was behind the others when the season started. He does look bigger for sure as he's just 20 and already a freaking load on the ice. NHL teams are going to be interested in him if he say ends up another DLR, as he's got NHL size, skating, speed, strength and won't hurt you in your own end or as they call it a Claude Julien wet dream. :sarcasm::D

Reactions: kevsavard95 and 417

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
@Per Sjoblom

I call upon your help again:

That was a tough one given that he does not speak very clearly and with an accent and there were words that I couldn't hear what he was saying. It's not a literal translation.

The game is tomorrow and it has been a week now, how has the team prepared for the coming game?

I feel great physically at the moment and we have shown the whole season that we are good, especially later in the game and we have been good at coming back when we have had a deficit and win the game even though we have been down a goal or two.

How do you think your line is doing?

It feels good and and our line had a good game and we are creating a lot of chances.

And how do you feel about your line mates.

I believe we have a good thing going.

And now it is Rögle, what about your opponent tomorrow?

Rögle has a skilled team, good powerplay with skilled forwards and it is going to be a tough game.

Are you going to try to hit Höglander if he tries a Zorro.

Yes.

Smiling

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks for the translation! About the accent i wonder, what accent would that be?

Using their own talk it is called Pitemål, he was born in a place up north called Piteå. We have only one letter for a large creek and that is å. They are known to speak a very hard to understand accent and they have their own words for some things. There is another place that have that as well in Dalarna close to Norway. Piteå is at the north east coast and the latitude is north of Hudson Bay so they have nice winters as well. :)

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Using their own talk it is called Pitemål, he was born in a place up north called Piteå. We have only one letter for a large creek and that is å. They are known to speak a very hard to understand accent and they have their own words for some things. There is another place that have that as well in Dalarna close to Norway. Piteå is at the north east coast and the latitude is north of Hudson Bay so they have nice winters as well. :)

Thank you so much for explaining!! Fascinating stuff. It's kind of like the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean of Sweden :) Cheers

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here's why you don't give up on Olofsson (and why I was high on him in his draft year)

He's a big body, moves smoothly, has good puck protection and flashes really good vision. It's about consistency with him and staying healthy, but he definitely has potential to be a bottom 6 forward who can flex W/C and provide you with good defense, be strong on the wall and give offense.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Olofsson really has a great toolbox, that was always the case from the get-go and why I liked him more than Hallander back then. If he can just find that consistancy level he could become the absolute third line center prototype, which is the role he was born to play. The good news is we have till 2022 to make a decision on him .

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only thing Olofsson lacks is offensive production. He is good to real good on many other areas. I remember after he was drafted, at his first Habs development camp, he was skating so well and one of his better qualities were his zone entries.

I believe his contract with Skelleftea is up after this year so I would like him to be signed to an ELC and come over to North America next year.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The only thing Olofsson lacks is offensive production. He is good to real good on many other areas. I remember after he was drafted, at his first Habs development camp, he was skating so well and one of his better qualities were his zone entries.

I believe his contract with Skelleftea is up after this year so I would like him to be signed to an ELC and come over to North America next year.

Yeah he sounds like a typical Timmins forward prospect with size: no offense.

Hopefully he does well in Laval.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah he sounds like a typical Timmins forward prospect with size: no offense.

Hopefully he does well in Laval.
Not all prospects can become top 6 superstar.

I am hopeful he can develop as a great bottom 6 player.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not all prospects can become top 6 superstar.

I am hopeful he can develop as a great bottom 6 player.

If he has no offense, that makes him a 4th liner - not top 9. I.e. a dime a dozen type that you can get in the waiver wire, like DLR and Vejdemo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
True but drafting them costs valuable assets - in this case a 2nd round pick.

It all balances out in the end. Olofsson is a 2nd round pick who does a lot of good things, except for providing a lot of offense. But then you have a 5th rounder like Gallagher who scores 30.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It all balances out in the end. Olofsson is a 2nd round pick who does a lot of good things, except for providing a lot of offense. But then you have a 5th rounder like Gallagher who scores 30.

I still have Olofsson as a prospect who has a higher ceiling than DLR and Vejdemo, which is important. I think he has a little more jam in his game. If he's another DLR or Vejdemo I will be disappointed with the pick, like I was in DLR. But if he can be a defensively sound 4c or winger with size and grit - well we could use that - sort of like a young, more energetic Nate Thompson or Joel Ward.

But there's a lot of hockey left to be played.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Olofsson playing at 4LW today. Skelleftea plays at 2PM ET.

Interestingly enough, after starting the season on the 2nd line, his 2 pts so far came in games he played lower in the line-up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not a great start to the season for Olofsson. His TOI has dropped. He is not in the line-up for Skelleftea today. And word is he will return to Allsvenskan to play for his old team Timra IK.

But this may end up being a good thing because it can help "rebuild" him of sorts. The guy does have the tools to make it in NA. Only thing missing is offensive output. But he has the size, is a good skater, safe defensively.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Not a great start to the season for Olofsson. His TOI has dropped. He is not in the line-up for Skelleftea today. And word is he will return to Allsvenskan to play for his old team Timra IK.

But this may end up being a good thing because it can help "rebuild" him of sorts. The guy does have the tools to make it in NA. Only thing missing is offensive output. But he has the size, is a good skater, safe defensively.

Sad... we maybe put a toi much emphasis on sweden. I mean. Ikonen, vejdemo, olofsson, de la rose... all of them are gonna bust. Obviously. The amateur scout from sweden seem to to be influent in this amateur scout. These 2nd pick just wasted..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad