Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
they must like him a lot, it does seem odd with those late 2nd round picks they didn't try and grab him there unless they knew someone else was in on him.

I see that his ppg in the MHL for U-18 defensemen was 6th overall in the league for anyone that played more then say 5 games. Will be interesting to see what he does over the next couple years.

The Islanders took his teammate Iskhakov 5 picks later, guessing since the Islanders had two picks right after and were at a lot of Romanov's games they might've had a feeling they'd take him.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Islanders took his teammate Iskhakov 5 picks later, guessing since the Islanders had two picks right after and were at a lot of Romanov's games they might've had a feeling they'd take him.

possible, in talking with a few scouts over the years they said how teams usually have an idea what team is in on someone especially the lesser knows as they will see what teams scouts are at the games since they know who they work for. At least this was the case say 10 years ago, haven't had any contact with any scouts in some time now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reactions: Aspirine and Mrb1p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was hoping to see him on the roster for Team Russia at the 4 nations at the end of the month in Sweden just to see him play some live games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was hoping he'd make CSKA but likely too young and not good enough. I know they had Makeyev play a few games last year at 19/20 years old and 3 others that were 21 and under play a very few games. The VHL isn't a bad place for him though, as he'll be playing with much older players. Their roster so far has only 2 players under 23 on defense,

Yermak Angarsk at eliteprospects.com

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
was hoping he'd make CSKA but likely too young and not good enough. I know they had Makeyev play a few games last year at 19/20 years old and 3 others that were 21 and under play a very few games. The VHL isn't a bad place for him though, as he'll be playing with much older players. Their roster so far has only 2 players under 23 on defense,

Wish he made the jump in the CHL like boqvist since he isn’t likely making the KHL... apparantly he standed out when he played on an NA ice... could of been a good option, send him on a CHL team with a couple of russian for an easier transition and make him learn english little faster while getting used to the NA hockey...

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wish he made the jump in the CHL like boqvist since he isn’t likely making the KHL... apparantly he standed out when he played on an NA ice... could of been a good option, send him on a CHL team with a couple of russian for an easier transition and make him learn english little faster while getting used to the NA hockey...

he's under contract for the next 2 seasons with CSKA so perhaps he didn't get enough money offered in order to buy out his contract. Or maybe he thought he could make CSKA's roster since they did carry some under 21 players for a few games. Hopefully he develops well in Russia and then comes over in a couple years.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Where did you find that he was playing in the VHL?
The KHL has text based scores section, Хоккей. Хоккей. Список онлайн трансляций матчей Август 20, 2018 (probably hidden from the main website) in Russian only, and it includes KHL, VHL, MHL games, and most pre-season games. I've been basically looking at this daily since early august for CSKA and their VHL and MHL teams, since I'm not familiar with the name of their VHL team in Cyrillic, I accidentally clicked on a game for Yemark and saw Romanov on the squad.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
The KHL has text based scores section, Хоккей. Хоккей. Список онлайн трансляций матчей Август 20, 2018 (probably hidden from the main website) in Russian only, and it includes KHL, VHL, MHL games, and most pre-season games. I've been basically looking at this daily since early august for CSKA and their VHL and MHL teams, since I'm not familiar with the name of their VHL team in Cyrillic, I accidentally clicked on a game for Yemark and saw Romanov on the squad.
Interesting...the only thing I could find close was in the box scores a player name Alexsandr Romanovsky.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

VHL's a fairly good league. Its a decent step from the MHL even if the talent level isn't what it is in the KHL. Its fine for a 18yo D.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Russia had 18 year old LD Dmitri Samorukov on the team this year, he just turned 19 last month. 3rd round pick of the oilers in '17, played in the OHL last year. For a kid taken so high in a deep draft, it's troubling that Romanov doesn't appear to even be on their radar.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Russia had 18 year old LD Dmitri Samorukov on the team this year, he just turned 19 last month. 3rd round pick of the oilers in '17, played in the OHL last year. For a kid taken so high in a deep draft, it's troubling that Romanov doesn't appear to even be on their radar.

We will have to wait. Out of left field picks from Timmins is awfully bad....hopefully it won't be for him......Thing is, we heard how much EVERYBODY in the scouting group was so enamored by him. But it is troubling that he is already penciled as playing in the VHL. As of now, I don't see that as positive. People keep saying how NOT playing in the KHL is not bad for a kid as for the times he plays, he plays in the 2nd beset league in the world. Well there are no indication he'll be a permanent fixture even in the VHL. At that point, I have no idea how they didn't do what it takes to make him play in a junior league. Yeah, less talent but TONS of playing time. Anyway...we will hvae to wait and see how it evolves....

Thing is...AS OF NOW, that 2nd round seems filled with quite a few interesting players....it will come back and bite us...so i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad