Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How good was Romanov in the Jr Russia vs CHL super series? I didn't get a chance to watch these games. He had 1 goal in 6 games and was a +1? What role did he play on that Russian team? I read a report recently that he looked very good?

Can't wait to see him in the U20's! Habs will have 6 or 7 players in that tournament (not even counting Kotkaniemi).

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
How good was Romanov in the Jr Russia vs CHL super series? I didn't get a chance to watch these games. He had 1 goal in 6 games and was a +1? What role did he play on that Russian team? I read a report recently that he looked very good?

Can't wait to see him in the U20's! Habs will have 6 or 7 players in that tournament (not even counting Kotkaniemi).

He didn't stand out either way, for me. He can skate though.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
that's an odd conclusion, since EVERY Russian player from this team is gone since CJ became HC. So he talked to a kid, it's his job, what's he going to do tell MB to go **** himself I'm not talking to that damn kid he's Russian?
People should probably have better evidence before calling a guy a racist. It's a particularly ugly allegation to just fling around like it's confetti.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
People should probably have better evidence before calling a guy a racist. It's a particularly ugly allegation to just fling around like it's confetti.

never called him a racist, just that all the Russians are gone since he took over. It's either coincidence or it's not.

Reactions: cphabs

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
never called him a racist, just that all the Russians are gone since he took over. It's either coincidence or it's not.

It wouldn't be something we notice if it wasn't also the case in Boston, with the Khoklachev debacle.

I don't think there was a russian on his stanley cup winning team.

Hard to know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I was praying Alexeyev would fall to the Habs early second round but this guy is a great consolation prize. From what I've seen, he looks to have the skillset to become a top 4 LHD that can play physically and skate. His point production isn't there yet but just the fact that he can keep up has really surprised me. Can't wait to see how he looks against players his age.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We are sitting on an extremely mobile 18 year old defenseman playing in the KHL and world stage, that doesn’t look out of place one bit. Do you people get this? Our job? Make sure as hell we don’t f*** it up!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
that's an odd conclusion, since EVERY Russian player from this team is gone since CJ became HC. So he talked to a kid, it's his job, what's he going to do tell MB to go **** himself I'm not talking to that damn kid he's Russian?
There could be a reason other than race, which the far most likely reason.
Scherback - was bad hes gone.
Markov and Radalov were offered a contract extension. They refused to sign. If they had you wouldn't be saying that.
Galchenyuk clearly had to go not because hes Russian but because of the change in ideology aka attitude..
Sergechev was used to pry one of the best promising players at the time drouin.
To me it's just a coincidence all Russians are gone. But obviously it will attract conspiracies like urs.

Reactions: stanley25

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You are definitely insinuating that he has something against them, aren't you?

it's impossible for us to know, but for an organization that always seemed to have at least one or two Russians on it, it's certainly a bit odd that in one year or so since CJ came here they are all gone. It's not like he treated Galchenyuk and Scherbak that well, I mean Scherbak didn't even get to play a game this year. I said over the summer that Scherbak would never fit in under CJ likely for the same reasons as Galchenyuk, could all just be coincidence and if one or both of Galchenyuk/Scherbak played defensively they might still be here.

Either way it's odd and there's no harm in pointing it out.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
it's impossible for us to know, but for an organization that always seemed to have at least one or two Russians on it, it's certainly a bit odd that in one year or so since CJ came here they are all gone. It's not like he treated Galchenyuk and Scherbak that well, I mean Scherbak didn't even get to play a game this year. I said over the summer that Scherbak would never fit in under CJ likely for the same reasons as Galchenyuk, could all just be coincidence and if one or both of Galchenyuk/Scherbak played defensively they might still be here.

Either way it's odd and there's no harm in pointing it out.
It's not odd at all. Players don't work out under coaches for reasons other than their ethnicity. Players come and players go. That two of them were Russian doesn't even a sniff of prejudice make.
Such allegations are often made by pouty fans who are having tantrums about players they like being discarded.
What would be actually odd would be to suggest that an organization that hates Russians would draft and sign so many of them just to have the pleasure of later treating them poorly and then discarding them. It would take some mighty paranoid thinking to even imagine that as a real possibility.
Sheesh - it's about as clever as suggesting that someone who doesn't like Bergevin OR Julien must hate French Canadians. It's just stupidity of the highest order.

Last edited:
Reactions: habdynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad