Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This is what Timmins is paid to do. If you could just go by BobbyMacs list and the independent scouting bureaus and do as well or better then bye bye jobs.

Has happened ,every draft probably, that we have a WTF moment and unfortunately it often is a substantiated reaction ie Tinordi, Big Mac, Straum, Pezzeta etc. But that forms part of the discussion in future when evaluating TT and the job he and his staff have done. I had a bit of a WTF moment when we drafted Poehling because he looked like a 3C upside to me, but glad to say its looking like I may be wrong about that.

We need TT to hit on his picks. That is the bottom line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wondering if he will be picked in Thursday CHL import draft? I would love the Mooseheads to pick him up. But the Mooseheads are in a difficult position. Both Zadina and Somppi could be gone, or both back, or just one of them. Mooseheads have the 46th pick I believe... They need to draft somebody as insurance and being the Memorial Cup host could attract someone to make the trip overseas for one year.

Romanov would be a good fit IMO.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
While i like the pick actually,

Romanov seems like the type that wont come over until 21-22 however

Hard to say. Where is he projected to play next year? Another year of MHL or will he crack the KHL? I think his best option would be to find a CHL team to play with (Import draft is this Thursday) or even play on our AHL team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching his U-18 game vs USA. I thought he was a LD but they had him at RD. He showed good skating/speed. Had a nice hit and a good shot on net. Can see why Russian posters were confused why he went so high, didn't really stand out per say but was solid. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Reactions: BeastMode420

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Timmins has to connect on his picks , and that means turning over a top 6 forward or top 3D every year. That's what the average has to be in order to replenish the team.

So whatever approach or philosophy he chooses to use that is the kind of success we need, at the least.

Not only has TT not been having success over a good number of years, but there seems to be an obvious handicap he puts on us by going for low ceiling, supposedly low risk players. This does not work.

While ago, I read TT was asked how he measures success and he said games played by picks. Wrong. It's the number of top players. Who cares how many 4th liners play how many games.

Anyway. He seems to be shooting higher lately and hopefully a few of the Hudons, Scherbaks, Metes, Lehks etc, pans out.

And hopefully this guy.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Timmins has to connect on his picks , and that means turning over a top 6 forward or top 3D every year. That's what the average has to be in order to replenish the team.

So whatever approach or philosophy he chooses to use that is the kind of success we need, at the least.

Not only has TT not been having success over a good number of years, but there seems to be an obvious handicap he puts on us by going for low ceiling, supposedly low risk players. This does not work.

While ago, I read TT was asked how he measures success and he said games played by picks. Wrong. It's the number of top players. Who cares how many 4th liners play how many games.

Anyway. He seems to be shooting higher lately and hopefully a few of the Hudons, Scherbaks, Metes, Lehks etc, pans out.

And hopefully this guy.

Galchenyuk, Hudon top 6, top 9
Lekhonen, Ghetto, DLR, MCCarron top 6, 2 top 9 and a 4th liner
Scherback and Evan's, two top 9
Juulsen top 4 vejdemo?
Sergachev Mete

He pretty much has been doing exactly what you're asking since 2012

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just got done watching his U-18 game vs USA. I thought he was a LD but they had him at RD. He showed good skating/speed. Had a nice hit and a good shot on net. Can see why Russian posters were confused why he went so high, didn't really stand out per say but was solid. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Copycat :sarcasm:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Galchenyuk, Hudon top 6, top 9
Lekhonen, Ghetto, DLR, MCCarron top 6, 2 top 9 and a 4th liner
Scherback and Evan's, two top 9
Juulsen top 4 vejdemo?
Sergachev Mete

He pretty much has been doing exactly what you're asking since 2012

2008-11. Gallagher.

2012 - date. Galchenyuk and Sergachev.

The 2008-11 years are a black hole in our drafting ( with Gainey sharing the blame having given away 1 of 4 1sts and 3 of 4 2nds ).

There is nobody besides those 3 I consider a top player or a lock as a top player. However, there are several guys who have the potential, and hopefully a few step up.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
2igivkg.gif

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Thrower didn't get rave reviews. All the signs pointed he had great character. It was never about his skillset. Thrower was definitely drafted for the Bruins style NHL though. The entire Saskatoon team imploded though. It was just a case of a good coach propping up a bad team. Same as Gallant. Saskatoon was a consistently good team and only Setoguchi ended up an NHLer.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Thrower didn't get rave reviews. All the signs pointed he had great character. It was never about his skillset. Thrower was definitely drafted for the Bruins style NHL though. The entire Saskatoon team imploded though. It was just a case of a good coach propping up a bad team. Same as Gallant. Saskatoon was a consistently good team and only Setoguchi ended up an NHLer.

You kidding me? Hfbaords had a huge crush on Thrower... everyone was convinced he was an absolute steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad