Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Berggren who got picked a few spots earlier is also struggling in his pro debut. He has 2 pts (assists) in 7 games.
Olofsson who plays in the same league has 3 pts in 4 games.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Berggren who got picked a few spots earlier is also struggling in his pro debut. He has 2 pts (assists) in 7 games.
Olofsson who plays in the same league has 3 pts in 4 games.
Its all about opportunity and chemistry when you're a young player unless u can dominate like Peterson or Vesailainen.
That's why I prefer Ylonen in the AHL, esp if we send down Kotkaniemi.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
he scored a third goal yesturday against Assat in a 5-2 victory, 14mins of play +1

he has 3 goals 0 assist for 3 points in 11 game so far, wich is far from impressive but hopefully he will adjust pick up the pace and not end up having a very meh season like Ikonen did in his D+1

Reactions: Acadien86

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will be interesting to see how he compares with another 19 year old rookie in Liiga, as Heponiemi is off to a great start. He's 10 months older though.

Ylonen - 16-4-2-6
Heponiemi - 16-4-11-15

Reactions: savard95

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
It will be interesting to see how he compares with another 19 year old rookie in Liiga, as Heponiemi is off to a great start. He's 10 months older though.

Ylonen - 16-4-2-6
Heponiemi - 16-4-11-15
I still don’t know what the injury was earlier in the season and have not seen him play save clips. That being said, maybe it took some to heal because he looked like a f***ing terror before it. Who knows, but great news none the less!

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I have not been able to watch him (too many players to follow) but he's been heating up lately. He has 2+3 in his last 6 games after only having one point in November.

31 GP 7+5 now. It's not mind blowing but if he can keep up this increased production, he'll be an interesting one to follow.

E: Another goal in today's game. 8+5 stats now

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I have not been able to watch him (too many players to follow) but he's been heating up lately. He has 2+3 in his last 6 games after only having one point in November.

31 GP 7+5 now. It's not mind blowing but if he can keep up this increased production, he'll be an interesting one to follow.

E: Another goal in today's game. 8+5 stats now
I feel like his game fits much more NA ice. He’s fast and realy good in tight areas. This guy bloominh and becoming a solid top6 in the future would be huge.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Aside from points, how has this guy played?

i've only seen a little of him this year as Liiga games are almost impossible to get. Really like the speed, skating, shot, he clearly has solid offensive skills. I think the rest of his game needs some improvement, but I need to see more of him to have a firmer opinion of him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Even more than Stapley?

yes, Stapley is the same age as Poehling although he's having a great start to his NCAA career. Ylonen being a late b-day evens it out some but I see him as having more upside as his speed and shot could take him very far if he improves enough with the rest of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad