2018-2019 Training Camp Discussion

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Trotz likes Fritz but Lamoriello put him on waivers to ensure they didn't lose him.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Trotz likes Fritz but Lamoriello put him on waivers to ensure they didn't lose him.

We definitely have some real depth with our forwards. Fritz, Johnston and JHS are guys that can easily be slotted in to our lineup if we need them - assuming Kovar is the 13th forward. We also go 9 deep with our defensemen with Aho and Sbisa in addition to odd man out of the Mayfield/Pelech/Toews trio.

If Rathgreb surprises, he'll be the 10th Dman that could potentially get some playing time. MVS and PW are probably behind him but need a year or two to mature.

Last edited by a moderator:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I like to think we can do better than Fritz as depth.

He’s a relentless worker, which speaks to Trotz/LL.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Not necessarily sent down is he? Waivers is just a process so he can now be sent down at the club's leisure. He is still with the Isles until they choose to send him down

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Lol big baller brand

bees2.jpg

Reactions: SteveH124 and SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Lehner has been OK; looks unsteady at times.

I expect him to play better as he adjusts his technique and acclimates to the team.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Now that we have moved to the level of Lou saying Ladd will definitely not be ready for the season and that IR or LTIR are even being brought up, you take out his salary from the cap and we have one of the three lowest payrolls in the league, nearly 14 million below the cap. That is very disappointing. There are so many things a new regime coming in should be able to do with that amount of space. You could easily add two top 4 dmen and a second line center for that space. This is probably the best evidence for those who believe that the intention is to tank this season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If they are to grab someone, who goes down? I suppose Fritz now he's waived but Kuhnackl, Johnston, Toews and Mayfield could all be sent down if it's purely a numbers game, but this team really hasn't any space for a new body now
Maybe this is how Trotz instills accountability in the room, by saying in the press that guys could end up on waivers because we have young, cheaper pieces in the minors.

Even though the rosster is full, many of the players Trotz could be referring to are on 1 year deals and don’t have killer price tags

Reactions: dood

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Now that we have moved to the level of Lou saying Ladd will definitely not be ready for the season and that IR or LTIR are even being brought up, you take out his salary from the cap and we have one of the three lowest payrolls in the league, nearly 14 million below the cap. That is very disappointing. There are so many things a new regime coming in should be able to do with that amount of space. You could easily add two top 4 dmen and a second line center for that space. This is probably the best evidence for those who believe that the intention is to tank this season.

So where are you adding those players from.... it’s not like they could just be like yeah we have money we can fill our rosters with good top 4 dmen now.

They just lost the face of the franchise and have a young core with some talent (more than they ever had in JpussyTs time) along with a top 5 prospect pool. They’re not gonna make blockbuster trades right now

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
So where are you adding those players from.... it’s not like they could just be like yeah we have money we can fill our rosters with good top 4 dmen now.

They just lost the face of the franchise and have a young core with some talent (more than they ever had in JpussyTs time) along with a top 5 prospect pool. They’re not gonna make blockbuster trades right now

Why not? I didnt know that there was a specific time to make blockbuster trades? We are not devoid of talent like an Ottawa or Montreal or Detroit. If this team added a second line center and even one top 4 dman, let alone two, there is no doubt in my mind this team would be in contention for home ice in the playoffs. And again dont come at me with nobody is available. You dont think Matt Duchene would be available given the right price after seeing what Karlsson brought? So dont tell me that it would take Wahlstrom or Pulock, the usual excuse on here for why we make no trades, there were no Wahlstroms or Pulocks that San Jose had to trade to get Erik freaking Karlsson. There are ALWAYS players available if you are willing to make a fair offer.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Who? And at what cost? I'm fine with upgrading but I don't think we can trade our first rounder next year, which is probably what the cost is for a 2C right now, especially if they have term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00