Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Hey Bob, see what the Kings did? Do that. Restock your organization it's a seller's market
We are tanking so hard we may be able to get a really good draft pick. We are without a doubt one of the worst teams in the league so I dont see that changing. Sell off a player or two and we are really really bad.

I wouldnt mind getting rid of Rico and Silf. Next year will hurt a bit but if we can draft a center we should have 3 young centers to build around in Steel Lundestrom and The new pick. We have good young wingers with potential in Kase, Rakell, Ritchie and all of the kids. Next year would be painful but we would be so young that the team would be loaded with potential like Winnipeg is. We would even have tons of cap space.

Last edited by a moderator:

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Yeah I've really soured on Rico. I wouldn't mind 5.85M for a CONSISTENT 40-50 point 2 way center but he's so wildly inconsistent. Devils' fans were right with their assessment of him. Dream scenario for me would be to deal Rico for a 3-4 D (hopefully on a lesser contract) and then trade Fowler for Brayden Schenn.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah I've really soured on Rico. I wouldn't mind 5.85M for a CONSISTENT 40-50 point 2 way center but he's so wildly inconsistent. Devils' fans were right with their assessment of him. Dream scenario for me would be to deal Rico for a 3-4 D (hopefully on a lesser contract) and then trade Fowler for Brayden Schenn.
A more consistent 40-50 point player is a 60-70 point player. He is on pace for 43 points, he's absolutely consistent with who he's been for his entire career.

We should not try and move him unless you all want a true blow it up rebuild, because neither lundestrum nor steel are suddenly going to be second line centers overnight.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id look at islanders or avalanche for potential trade of Henrique.

Henrique + silf to Colorado for Timmins jost and 1st …. tho idk that the aves would want that.

If we moved Henrique to islanders id prob want 1 of Dobson/wilde back.

At this point the season is a loss, might as well go all in for a top 10 pick.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Maybe I care more this season about SD (and the draft) than Anaheim and maybe I'm not paying close enough attention to Henrique in particular, but I have no issue with his play. He's had a revolving door of wingers, plays a solid two-way game, and has improved in faceoffs. Sure his goal scoring has worsened but does that surprise anyone given how the team as a whole is playing?

His contract may be a little rich and the final years might be more problematic but the Henrique contract is fair.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe I care more this season about SD (and the draft) than Anaheim and maybe I'm not paying close enough attention to Henrique in particular, but I have no issue with his play. He's had a revolving door of wingers, plays a solid two-way game, and has improved in faceoffs. Sure his goal scoring has worsened but does that surprise anyone given how the team as a whole is playing?

His contract may be a little rich and the final years might be more problematic but the Henrique contract is fair.
I think it has more to do with him holding value and being a tradable.

Guessing its more on the lines of, if were going to sink with RC, might as well send away everything with value and start fresh and build around our prospects we have now(and young players in Lindholm rakell kase Montour Gibson Ritchie etc)… and stuff we can acquire at deadline/draft. At this point if RC isn't getting fired, then a top 5 pick in draft looks mighty good. Even on the off chance this team finds a next gear and sneaks into the playoffs were just going to get smashed again in 1st round.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He is fine. But he is 28, about to have a NTC on a contract paying him 6 mil a year until age 35. Get him the f*** out while he has value.

The prime years of that contract will be wasted on a rebuilding team anyways.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

He's not been very good, but he's not been any worse than most of our other forwards. It's really hard for me to evaluate this team because the team has clearly completely quit on Carlyle.

That said, not a chance in hell Rico is traded. Anaheim isn't going to do a full rebuild, even if we suck for this season. Assuming we miss the playoffs, which seems like a given to me, the owners will want to be back next season. Kesler is done and there's no one remotely capable of being our 2nd line center next season. Unless someone offers an overpayment for Rico (which won't happen), he's not going anywhere. Yeah his contract isn't great, but the reality is 40-50 point centers get paid. His contract is too high, but it's equivalent to like a 5 million per year deal a few seasons ago. It's really not that bad honestly.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He's not been very good, but he's not been any worse than most of our other forwards. It's really hard for me to evaluate this team because the team has clearly completely quit on Carlyle.

That said, not a chance in hell Rico is traded. Anaheim isn't going to do a full rebuild, even if we suck for this season. Assuming we miss the playoffs, which seems like a given to me, the owners will want to be back next season. Kesler is done and there's no one remotely capable of being our 2nd line center next season. Unless someone offers an overpayment for Rico (which won't happen), he's not going anywhere. Yeah his contract isn't great, but the reality is 40-50 point centers get paid. His contract is too high, but it's equivalent to like a 5 million per year deal a few seasons ago. It's really not that bad honestly.

The Ducks wont do a full teardown, but they wont be competing for 2-3 years until our young forwards are ready.

Henrique is a luxury the Ducks don't need in the next 2 years. Give our handful of center prospects 2 years to develope and they will be good for the second line. And then we will have a 6 mil 3rd line center until age 35.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
The Ducks wont do a full teardown, but they wont be competing for 2-3 years until our young forwards are ready.

Henrique is a luxury the Ducks don't need in the next 2 years. Give our handful of center prospects 2 years to develope and they will be good for the second line. And then we will have a 6 mil 3rd line center until age 35.
This is our "rebuild" year so to speak. With a new coach at the helm and another year of maturation for our prospects it is very likely that we are a playoff team with a prime Gibson. I agree it would be nicer to miss the playoffs for a couple season to draft and retool but with the roster the way its constructed I believe we're a playoff team with a competent coach.

This team strikes me as one that's going to stick around the 3rd seed or WC1/2 for a few years and make the PO's so that the owners can get their revenue

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
People do realize we just extended Rico right, his new contract hasn't even started yet. We're not going to move him right after doing that. Not to mention if we move him we have 1 NHL caliber center that we know can play (maybe we keep Grant around, maybe Steel and Lundestrom can make the jump) and who knows what Kesler will be next season.

Seems like people are too eager to just move anyone who's between 24-30 years old.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
I think anyone expecting even a minor rebuild will be disappointed, Silfverberg will prob be moved but this team will try to be competitive again next year for better or worse. Henrique won’t be moved unless/until someone steps in and proves they can take his minutes, Bob won’t move him based on the hope that one of the prospects will be ready. The only way is if a team overpays for him and we get another comparable center back in the deal which I don’t see happening

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Exactly. Trading Rico will hurt us a bit but this year and the following year but we will have the young guys to replace him after that and his value is going to be diminishing every year. He is probably worth a 1st or so right now. In a couple years that contract will be looking rich and he will be older and will have nearly zero value.

If we trade him at the tdl we get something around a first plus our draft picks will be better the next two years and we will get that contract off our books. It looks fine now but in a few years it will be a burden. We also open up second line minutes for Steel or Lundy to fight over.

If we keep him our team will be a little better this year and next. That's it. Keeping an aging 2nd line center isnt going to completely break us. We are already out of the playoffs this year and arent going to be any good next year. Build for the 20-21 season. By then we could use those savings for a replacement of equal or better value.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Exactly. Trading Rico will hurt us a bit but this year and the following year but we will have the young guys to replace him after that and his value is going to be diminishing every year. He is probably worth a 1st or so right now. In a couple years that contract will be looking rich and he will be older and will have nearly zero value.

If we trade him at the tdl we get something around a first plus our draft picks will be better the next two years and we will get that contract off our books. It looks fine now but in a few years it will be a burden. We also open up second line minutes for Steel or Lundy to fight over.

If we keep him our team will be a little better this year and next. That's it. Keeping an aging 2nd line center isnt going to completely break us. We are already out of the playoffs this year and arent going to be any good next year. Build for the 20-21 season. By then we could use those savings for a replacement of equal or better value.
Trading Rico now means we force someone to play this season who isn't ready. Trading him in the off season, if we do not get a replacement center in FA, then we may be forcing Steel or Lundestrom into the lineup to take tough minutes in their rookie seasons; not really the best way to grow them. Let's wait to move Rico, for one when his value isn't at it's lowest like it is now, and two when we know our prospects are actually ready for the NHL and can take on tougher minutes. I really don't think going into next season with an older Getzlaf and 2 rookie centers, Grant and a broken Kesler as our center core.

Reactions: gunnergunther
Oct 18, 2011
A more consistent 40-50 point player is a 60-70 point player. He is on pace for 43 points, he's absolutely consistent with who he's been for his entire career.

We should not try and move him unless you all want a true blow it up rebuild, because neither lundestrum nor steel are suddenly going to be second line centers overnight.
Because he's not worth his contract a and we need to stop allotting so many resources to B and C players

Oct 18, 2011
Trading Rico now means we force someone to play this season who isn't ready. Trading him in the off season, if we do not get a replacement center in FA, then we may be forcing Steel or Lundestrom into the lineup to take tough minutes in their rookie seasons; not really the best way to grow them. Let's wait to move Rico, for one when his value isn't at it's lowest like it is now, and two when we know our prospects are actually ready for the NHL and can take on tougher minutes. I really don't think going into next season with an older Getzlaf and 2 rookie centers, Grant and a broken Kesler as our center core.
Who says you force them in there? This season is over in terms of viable contention. Stick Grant in there the rest of this season doesn't matter

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Who says you force them in there? This season is over in terms of viable contention. Stick Grant in there the rest of this season doesn't matter
because you still need to ice a lineup. You can't just move every B player a team has, you still need some kind of nhl caliber talent, if you don't then you're doing a full rebuild which with this roster is pointless when our D core is still young and we have Gibsonl not to mention how a team with a center core of Getz, Grant, Rowney, and whoever is going to preform is going to kill attendance more than it already has. As I've said before, just let this season be a wash, fire Randy, and see what this roster can do with a competent coach and go from there. We don't need to be tearing things down just yet.

Real life isn't like EA NHL.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Because he's not worth his contract a and we need to stop allotting so many resources to B and C players
How can you say he is not worth his contract? Look at the contracts for 2Cs around the league and then say that. This is the going rate.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
How can you say he is not worth his contract? Look at the contracts for 2Cs around the league and then say that. This is the going rate.
But for how much longer will he be worth it?
Is it really worth potentially being stuck with a declining asset...maybe if we are a cup contender..and I'm really skeptical about that happening next year

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
But for how much longer will he be worth it?
Is it really worth potentially being stuck with a declining asset...maybe if we are a cup contender..and I'm really skeptical about that happening next year
Might as well trade Fowler and Manson with that logic... Both similar age to Rico, both having a bad year, both may decline in the future so let's move them now (when their value is at their lowest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad