Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
To me, Pit has 4 LD and we have Silf who make similar money to all of them. Pettersson hasn't exactly stolen the job at 3LD and with Fowler out I could certainly see BM looking into a guy who might be able to fit in as a 3-5 type guy.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
To me, Pit has 4 LD and we have Silf who make similar money to all of them. Pettersson hasn't exactly stolen the job at 3LD and with Fowler out I could certainly see BM looking into a guy who might be able to fit in as a 3-5 type guy.
i don't know, I rather move Silf for futures instead of a guy who is in their mid 20's signed to a decent chunk of money (someone like Maatta). I just don't think this is a playoff team with RC as the coach, so we should make moves that help the future right now.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Dump Cogliano, and trade Silfverberg if we can’t resign him.

This team won’t compete without Fowler.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Except that whole losing Noesen to NJ on waivers thing was a little bit of a disappointment
Noesen is a 3rd liner at best, hardly a crippling loss, and honestly he really hadn't shown anything during his time in Anaheim to think he would amount to much.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Team dont care... ship coach

There isn't a trade that can fix this team... and now that fowler is out... there really isn't a point in trying.... its not like its 1 single problem... every thing is a problem... we don't score enough, we don't shoot enough, we don't stop the other team from shooting our PP is basically just a break for the other team... and our PK is about the only thing outside of Gibson you could call acceptable.

Team went from Contender to complete train wreck over night... and some how RC still has a job... at this point BM and RC need to go.... BM is clearly going down with the ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Well we hit Bob's arbitrary 20 game mark with another lackluster performance and are slogging towards an 80 point finish. Time to see if Bob Murray intends to make any actual changes to this roster/coaching staff or if he is inclined to scuttle the season.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
With Fowler out for a time, any interest from Anaheim fans for Casey Nelson or Nathan Beaulieu from Buffalo?

Nelson is signed for this year and next at 812.5K.
Beaulieu is signed for $2.4M this season, and is an RFA at the end of this year.

Also, is the organization still of the belief that they’re window of contention is still open?

Or would they prefer to slowly move out older pieces for younger?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
With Fowler out for a time, any interest from Anaheim fans for Casey Nelson or Nathan Beaulieu from Buffalo?

Nelson is signed for this year and next at 812.5K.
Beaulieu is signed for $2.4M this season, and is an RFA at the end of this year.

Also, is the organization still of the belief that they’re window of contention is still open?

Or would they prefer to slowly move out older pieces for younger?
We have enough young players that are as good or better than those 2. If we’re trading for a defenseman, we need a legit 4/5.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Zadorov is an interesting buy-low candidate. He's currently 7th in ice time amongst defensemen for Colorado and Bednar clearly has him on a short leash. Notwithstanding the fact he's Russian, Zadorov is exactly what GMBM looks for in a bottom pairing mainstay and his physical presence would be a welcomed addition to our left side.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Spitballing here, but would you trade Montour, Ritchie, and Cogliano (cap dump) for Nylander? Under the assumption we’d acquire a top 4 defenseman in another trade. We’d also move Silfverberg before the trade deadline.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Spitballing here, but would you trade Montour, Ritchie, and Cogliano (cap dump) for Nylander? Under the assumption we’d acquire a top 4 defenseman in another trade. We’d also move Silfverberg before the trade deadline.
Yes. But we still couldn’t sign him, so no.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yes provided we did actually get another top 4 Dman from somewhere.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
We’d clear ~10.4m cap by trading Montour, Cogliano, and Silfverberg.
This season isn't the issue, Anaheim could easily fit Nylander in this season. It's future seasons that are the problem, Anaheim only has 6.2m cap space for next season with 31 players signed currently. Take away Cogs (3.25m) and Montour (3.387m) that leaves Anaheim with about 12.8m of cap space for next season with 29 players signed. Nylander is easily going to command 8m+ leaving Anaheim with just under 5m of cap space with only 30 players signed. Anaheim just doesn't have the cap space to make it work next season and beyond without dumping some serious salary.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We would need another top 4D, a bottom 6 forward, and he’s not willing to sign for 6-6.5, so let’s assume he wants 7-8M. Let’s say 1M for the 3rd line guy, leaving you 2-3M for a top 4 D. I don’t see that as reasonable. We don’t have enough horses to run an offense only system like Toronto does.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Dumoulin they won't part with
Johnson is 31 and signed for 4 more years (also not very good)
Maatta is SLOW and a terrible skater (its why the Pens are trying to dump him)
Oleksiac same skill level as Pettersson more or less but bigger

Also strip the right side of the D to pretty much just Manson for an unsigned winger looking for a huge payday. Seems like a bad plan

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Also, if you give Nylander a deal he hasn’t earned in his first contract coming off his ELC, good luck getting every other RFA to sign for a reasonable deal. Toronto signing Tavares to an overpayment then telling Nylander he had to take a pay cut for the team is what led to the entire situation to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad