Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Someone needs to pull the plug on Murray before he dares to make a trade to “shake things up” before seeing what this roster can do with a different coach. No clue why he’s so blindly loyal to RC especially since there’s basically zero chance he’s coaching past this season.

I assume RC has a sex tape of Bob, other than that, there's pretty much no reasoning at all behind staying loyal to our coach.

Reactions: Getzmonster

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Tweeted at Teaford earlier, he thinks Nylander is a longshot.

Also thinks BM doesn't like the roster and will make a shakeup trade soon.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If we didn’t have Kesler or Perry we could very easily go get Nylander. We really just have to wait those deals out, which sucks

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Tweeted at Teaford earlier, he thinks Nylander is a longshot.

Also thinks BM doesn't like the roster and will make a shakeup trade soon.

I saw yesterday that some Leafs reporter (blue checkmark on twitter) posted that Montour is in a mix for Nylander, he has heard. I thought: lol, we are the 2nd highest cap team (although we are supposed to be a budget team) and Toronto is trading Nylander only because they can`t sign him and suddenly people think we might be interested in trading a young cost controlled Dman for an expensive young player. haha, where is the logic?
Nylander is great, would love to have him, but I would like to have McDavid too, and Crosby, and Hedman, and Matthews, and Elias Pettersson and... and... :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
trade for a defenseman? What the actual ****? I'm not a subscriber, so can someone elaborate? Surely we wouldn't trade Montour?
It felt like Anahem was merely mentioned as an unlikely destination for Nylander as a reply to some Toronto Sun reporter who apparently speculated over the subject earlier.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
trade for a defenseman? What the actual ****? I'm not a subscriber, so can someone elaborate? Surely we wouldn't trade Montour?

This is the entire section on Anaheim..

"Colleague Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun put out there Monday night that perhaps the Ducks could be a fit with young blueliner Brandon Montour the catch for the Leafs. I don’t believe the Leafs and Ducks have talked about Nylander at this point. The problem for Anaheim is the cap implications of a Nylander contract. The Ducks are already in LTI hell and Nylander’s deal won’t help because he’d be signing well into the season and would carry a higher cap charge than the actual AAV. So that puts Anaheim in a real tough spot that way. Not sure the Ducks could swing it. And besides, word on the street is that Anaheim is looking to trade for a defenceman, not trade one away."

Perhaps LeBrun is privy to the details of Fowler's injury and suggesting Anaheim may look for a stopgap?

Random question to the mods - What are the HFRules governing the quoting of material locked behind a paywall, the Athletic in this case?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
**** that. The Samuelis need to take the keys away from Bob before he goes trying to solve anything by forcing a roster move. He gets his keys back after he sacks his buddy.

I think they’ve got a lot of faith in Bob. They had a shitload of trust in Burke too, I wonder what it would take for them to fire a GM? Probably at least consecutive non playoff years unfortunately.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Watch it be Ritchie for Määttä or Dumoulin. LeBrun's saying we're on the market for a defenseman, after all. :help:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Watch it be Ritchie for Määttä or Dumoulin. LeBrun's saying we're on the market for a defenseman, after all. :help:

Maatta is the first name that came to my mind when he mentioned guys needing a change of scenery, which is a bit scary. Unless it's for a forward, which would probably be fine. Could also be Sprong but not sure that's much of a fit and not sure if BM would have a ton of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad