Speculation: 2018-2019 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Nobody should be surprised that Kurz needles people he disagrees with in the most ignorant fashion imaginable. It's kind of what he does. There's no such thing to him as taking the high road.
He’s sets the standard for unprofessionalism among members of the media.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That's been my stance for a few years. Hertl drives this bus now. He's a scoring touch away from being a franchise player.
He's showing that touch this season. Almost a point a game carrying whatever line he's on. He's the McDavid Stopper on the team. If he keeps up this scoring pace I think the Sharks have their #1 center. Sure he may not be what Jumbo was in his prime but most teams don't get HOF for their #1. You can never have too many centers but I'm liking the center depth on this team right now considering Shovels & Gambrell aren't even with the big club right now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He’s sets the standard for unprofessionalism among members of the media.

It's OK. He doesn't have to be professional here. He can go back to The Athletic where the paywall tends to weed out most of the people who would care to criticize him and instead leaves him with little more than a happy echo chamber telling him how great his writing is and bowing to whatever takes he chooses to bleat out.

As long as he fails to understand that the writers who have good relationships with the fanbase at wide do so because they treat the audience with respect even when they don't necessarily deserve it, he's going to keep occupying the niche he does.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Unless you can move Vlasic it's tough.

Meier (4.5)-Couture (8)-Panarin (11)
Kane (7)- Hertl (5.625)- Radil (.7)
Checkovich (.775)- Thornton (1)- Sorensen (1.5)
Goodrow (.925)- Suomela (.7)- Grambrell (.7)
A. True (.7)

Vlasic (7)- Karlsson (11)
Simek (.675)- Burns (8)
Dillon (3.27)- Heed (.8)
Ryan (.8)

Jones (5.75)
Bibeau (.675)

Martin BuyOut: $1.4M
Total: $82.5M

Players Moved/Leave Via Free Agency: Labanc, Donskoi, Pavelski, Braun.

If you move Vlasic instead of Braun (if not both...) it is world's easier. It allows you to maybe keep Pavs or Donskoi rather than Radil in the top 6.

I do think the idea of adding sub-30 world-class players like Panarin and Karlsson gets the Sharks to contender status for the next 6 years.
Yeah you have to move Vlassic to sign the bread man. I just don't see DW going into next season with that roster. I seriously doubt Heed resigns too.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Yeah you have to move Vlassic to sign the bread man. I just don't see DW going into next season with that roster. I seriously doubt Heed resigns too.

Heed has an NHL future, IMO. He has too much offensive talent to not carve out a place somewhere in the league as a secondary offensive threat.

He's really wasted on San Jose; I understand why DeBoer wants to sit him when he already has Karlsson and Burns.

Reactions: Mattb124

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Schlemko was fine until he injured himself while training that offseason. Wasn't the same player after.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I sympathize with Kurz in that there are a lot of dumb, aggressive, and opinionated people on the internet who absolutely hounded him. Yes, Kurz should be used to it and should ignore all the dumb stuff...but there was so much of it.

Perhaps Kurz's own hyperbole is just a response/reflection of that

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Schlemko was not used to his strengths when he was in SJ. It's not the end of the world. Just a footnote. Fine.

McPhee definitely did not have a "misstep" in selecting him and immediately flipping him for a pick. I don't see where that part of the comment is headed at all. McPhee took a few too many dmen and wasn't able to flip them all, but Schlemko was not one of them.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Schlemko was not used to his strengths when he was in SJ. It's not the end of the world. Just a footnote. Fine.

McPhee definitely did not have a "misstep" in selecting him and immediately flipping him for a pick. I don't see where that part of the comment is headed at all. McPhee took a few too many dmen and wasn't able to flip them all, but Schlemko was not one of them.

Dillon would have been the superior pick, and I for one was very please Schlemko got picked instead. I seem to recall that others here were more indifferent about losing either. I'm a big Dillon fan though

Jul 10, 2010
Dillon would have been the superior pick, and I for one was very please Schlemko got picked instead. I seem to recall that others here were more indifferent about losing either. I'm a big Dillon fan though
no you had people here thinking we shoulda went 4-4 to protect schlemko.... Kurz is an idiot but in this case he has a valid case considering we'd of lost a much better player at the expense of schlemko...

and if you point that out to anyone here... Ou boy Schlemko was gonna be a bonafide top 4 D.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
no you had people here thinking we shoulda went 4-4 to protect schlemko.... Kurz is an idiot but in this case he has a valid case considering we'd of lost a much better player at the expense of schlemko...

and if you point that out to anyone here... Ou boy Schlemko was gonna be a bonafide top 4 D.

The sharks went the other way so they could protect tierney, carpenter, melker karlsson Such important players.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Vlasic being a piece in a offer for a big time player is key IMO. Won't happen / NTC and all that. But getting his Money off the cap + some team thinking he is still a top pairing D-man would be some kind of win for us .

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

He doesn’t have a valid case for two reasons. Nobody ever said Schlemko would be a hall of famer and if McPhee could’ve gotten a mere 4th round pick out of Dillon at the time, he would have chosen him. Dillon was not worth much of anything at the time. He was a 3+ mil third pairing d-man who had to be carried by Schlemko to play moderately well for his spot and pay.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
That trade could of been done even without tierney.

They still protected carpenter and melker karlsson.

Carpenter being someone that played 16 games and was then put on waivers to be picked up by vegas any ways.

And has done well there. Schlemko is on waivers now. Let’s see if any of the other 30 teams claim him.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I sympathize with Kurz in that there are a lot of dumb, aggressive, and opinionated people on the internet who absolutely hounded him. Yes, Kurz should be used to it and should ignore all the dumb stuff...but there was so much of it.

Perhaps Kurz's own hyperbole is just a response/reflection of that
giphy.gif

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
giphy.gif

BRAVO! BRAVO!

He brings all that stuff on himself. That stuff is what he wants so that he gets the attention he desires. It's not something to be sympathetic towards since he has instigated the large majority of it with his own incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad