Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Interesting that so many were against drafting Tkachuk & yet he is either first or second on almost everyone's Sens Prospect List.

Reactions: Neiler

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Interesting that so many were against drafting Tkachuk & yet he is either first or second on almost everyone's Sens Prospect List.

Zadina would also be number 1 in those lists. Both are projected to be better than what the Sens had before the draft.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sens draft class 2018 aside, who would you say is number 1 over Zadina?
Brown for sure & maybe White's all around game. I've read that Zadina plays a 200 ft game but I have yet to see it in the very few games I have seen him play. He's got the shot no question about that but what else can he do? Brown IMO is going to be a Spezza lite kind of player & rack up the assists once they put him with a couple of scoring wingers. Zadina's a goal scorer, that's really all I ever read about him & of course, every team needs at least one of those but I value players who are versatile & can do a lot of things well.

If White is like Turris & Zadina like Hoffman who would you want? I prefer the two way player centre who does everything well myself. I'd have Chabot ahead of him if he was still a prospect & I like Batherson a lot again because IMO he does everything well & isn't just a goal scorer. He hits, he digs pucks out of the corners, he's good defensively, he's fast & he's also a good playmaker & good away from the puck & can also take draws. This is not to say that Zadina isn't a good player or that he won't be a good NHL player, I'm just not sure how well rounded he is yet.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
  1. Tkachuk
  2. White
  3. Batherson
  4. Brown
  5. Gustavsson
  6. Formenton
  7. JBD
  8. Tychonick
  9. Hogberg
  10. Jaros
  11. Wolanin
  12. Chalpik
  13. Perron
  14. Bergman
  15. Englund
  16. Gruden
  17. Nurmi
  18. Paul
  19. Gagne
  20. Lajoie
  21. Daccord
  22. Luchuk

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With a lot of prospects who have played in the AHL for a couple of seasons give or take, they usually give them the choice whether to attend the D-Camp or not. In the past they have asked the odd guy to come out & show the prospects what is required to make it & how hard they need to work. Boro did that one yr, Paul did that last yr & who knows who they will have as D-Camp captain this yr, maybe White.

If you notice the older players on the D-Camp roster you will see that they are either invites, college players or Europeans, guys who they don't see as much during the yr.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Is the Dev camp open to the public? (sorry if someone already asked this question). Really want to see how Formenton and Brown look like this year. I think these are 2 bumble roster players.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Is the Dev camp open to the public? (sorry if someone already asked this question). Really want to see how Formenton and Brown look like this year. I think these are 2 bumble roster players.

The scrimmage in the east end is open on friday @ 6:30

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Brown for sure & maybe White's all around game. I've read that Zadina plays a 200 ft game but I have yet to see it in the very few games I have seen him play. He's got the shot no question about that but what else can he do? Brown IMO is going to be a Spezza lite kind of player & rack up the assists once they put him with a couple of scoring wingers. Zadina's a goal scorer, that's really all I ever read about him & of course, every team needs at least one of those but I value players who are versatile & can do a lot of things well.

If White is like Turris & Zadina like Hoffman who would you want? I prefer the two way player centre who does everything well myself. I'd have Chabot ahead of him if he was still a prospect & I like Batherson a lot again because IMO he does everything well & isn't just a goal scorer. He hits, he digs pucks out of the corners, he's good defensively, he's fast & he's also a good playmaker & good away from the puck & can also take draws. This is not to say that Zadina isn't a good player or that he won't be a good NHL player, I'm just not sure how well rounded he is yet.
Zadina isn't like Hoffman, that myth needs to stop now.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure if I just read Batherson ahead of Zadina or my english is poor?!

I don't mind the Tkachuk pick to be honest but let's not get carried away

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
1. Brown
2. Tkachuk
3. Tychonick
4. Batherson
5. Gustavsson
6. White
7. Formenton
8. Bernard-Docker
9. Chlapik
10. Wolanin/Jaros

HM: Hogberg, Gagne, Perron, Lajoie, Gruden, Bergman, Nurmi, Paul (That's pretty much in order)
You seem really high on Tychonick. Any particular reason? Ahead of Batherson seems high praise to me.

Reactions: aragorn

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Tried to rank our top prospects. Pretty difficult. I will say that our top 10 is solid: good D and F prospects, potential top liners in Tkachuk and Brown, and a highly regarded G prospect.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You seem really high on Tychonick. Any particular reason? Ahead of Batherson seems high praise to me.

Tychonick is a steal. Dynamic ability and really well rounded. He can beat you with his hands, speed, shot, skating, or passing. Wants to be a difference maker and has the requisite swagger.

He played on a low scoring team compared to guys like Fabbro and Makar which made him underrated but IMO he is right up there with them in terms of ability.

He is basically this years Batherson but maybe even better.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just love the mobile talented D men like him. I've seen him compared to Duncan Keith. Obviously playing in JrA he's more of an unknown but like it was said above me he has loads of tools at his disposal. Could see him take an enormous step next year by getting more exposure in college.

I feel like he'll be the best player we took in this draft.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
  1. Tkachuk
  2. White
  3. Batherson
  4. Brown
  5. Gustavsson
  6. Formenton
  7. JBD
  8. Tychonick
  9. Hogberg
  10. Jaros
  11. Wolanin
  12. Chalpik
  13. Perron
  14. Bergman
  15. Englund
  16. Gruden
  17. Nurmi
  18. Paul
  19. Gagne
  20. Lajoie
  21. Daccord
  22. Luchuk

I'd go:

1. Gustavson
2. Batherson
3. Tchauk
4. Brown
5. White
6. JBD
7. Wolanin
8. Formeton
9. Jaros
10. Chalpik

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see different tiers of prospects and find it difficult to distinguish who is going to be better in each tier.

Tier 1
Tkachuk
Brown
White
Batherson

Tier 2
Gustavsson
Formenton
Chlapik
Bernard-Docker
Tychonich
Wolanin
Jaros

Tier 3
Mandolese
Hogberg
Paul
Gagne
Gruden
Lajoie
Sturtz
Englund
Bergman

Reactions: BigRig4

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
Tkachuk is only a couple months older than Bowers and put up similar points (less goals) on the same team... discouraging information I just heard from a friend.

Wanted Zadina at the draft and after hearing this I'm a bit more bitter.

I really hope Tkachuk reaches his top potential to justify this pick

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tkachuk is only a couple months older than Bowers and put up similar points (less goals) on the same team... discouraging information I just heard from a friend.

Wanted Zadina at the draft and after hearing this I'm a bit more bitter.

I really hope Tkachuk reaches his top potential to justify this pick

The center on Tkachuk’s line was actually a winger, so Brady took on the role of playmaker it seems. That can explain things a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad