Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If we had not traded for Duchene last year, you could take out Abramov and Davidsson from that list, add Bowers and Hughes/Kakko/Cozens and the rebuild would almost be over. Maybe even more prospects from trading Turris.

It would just be a matter of getting experience in the league.

I know, hindsight, but just needed to vent after today. To think how one trade delayed our rebuild so significantly though.

In the end (minus having Duchene for almost 2 seasons), it’s pretty much the downgrade from the Sens 1st to Columbus 1st (+ conditional)

Sens 1st vs Columbus 1st + conditional 1st : sure it will always suck to have lost that opportunity to draft a very high end prospect, but you never know, Dorion could hit a homerun ala Chabot/Karlsson with that pick, plus another chance if Duchene re-signs in Columbus (they could also suck next year which means it would be in the lottery in a even better draft)

Turris vs Abramov : looks like it wouldn’t have been a very good idea to extend Turris 6-7 years at + 6.0, getting a prospect with such potential is interesting.

Bowers vs Davidsson : I actually prefer Davidsson by a good margin. He is a riser while Bowers is a faller

3rd vs Duchene at 6.0 as a rental : well it’s a really cheap price for that kind of rental, even if it really didn’t work out team-wise

Saving ~ 1 M$ vs Hammond : cap dump, money is always very important for Ottawa!

You could also compare Duchene vs Turris instead and the 3rd with Abramov/Davidsson and Bowers with Abramov/Davidsson

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If you aren't able to appreciate how good White is based on how he plays/moves/thinks then I don't know what to say.

The guy is going to be dynamite.
I like white with stone... why trying to find his way without a player like stone im not sure I like as much... batherson without a legiot center I don't like as much.. these young guys will be expected to carry players WORSE than them.. and theyre not THAT good right now . recipe for disaster

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa does have some good young centres, how they turn out is any bodies guess or if they all play centre at the NHL level is another unknown. I don't really see any other prospects that have NHL potential to play centre besides these guys in the org. Of course, they have a lot of picks & could pick up a few in the next few drafts. They have 12 picks in the 2020 draft, 7 picks in the first 3 rds. I'm really hoping for Byfield in 2020.

Brown - 1st line potential
- Brown already has NHL size & we constantly here experts tell us that you need size down the middle to win in the NHL especially in playoffs & at the moment he seems like the only prospect with 1st line potential.

White - 2nd line potential
- White is already playing as a good 2nd line centre, what we don't know is how he'll do without Stone on that line, time will tell. Long term my guess is that with his experience & skill he will be tough to be out foe that 2nd line centre spot & could be challenged by either Norris or Chlapik. One of those three IMO could end up on the wing or moved.

Norris - 2nd line potential
- Norris seems to have all of the attributes to be good centre in the NHL. He is just slightly bigger than White & regardless of which one of White, Norris or Chlapik end up playing 2nd or 3rd line centre, Ott should have three very good young centres fighting for roster spots.

Chlapik - 2nd line potential
- Chlapik is another centre with 2nd line potential as his ceiling IMO & we could write exactly the same thing about him. IMO these three could be interchangeable but I also think Chlapik probably has the most potential to also play the LW. We'll see.

Paul - 3rd line potential
- IMO Paul's ceiling could be on a 3rd line as a centre or more likely LW but IMO he could end up being the 4th line centre someday. He is having a pretty good yr playing LW in Belleville on a line with Brown & Batherson but I'm not sure if he stays at LW in the NHL or if he will ever play centre in the NHL as he did in junior. I don't see Paul playing top 6 in the NHL but if they continue to play him with Brown & Batherson you never know, but I see him more as a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just like they intended to sign Mar....

:(

Prospects can’t get heavy bonus structure though. By all reports Mark Stone would be a Sen for a long time if Melnyk didn’t nix it.

I don’t think it will be hard to sign young guys who don’t have the U leverage yet. But it will get complicated as soon as they approach their 25-26; until something change in ownership

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We should've picked up a high end D prospect or better yet just gave it away to Colorado, unless we were picking Dahlin or Svechnakov
honestly brady has had some truly dominant moments the past two games without stone... gives me a lot of hope

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Prospects can’t get heavy bonus structure though. By all reports Mark Stone would be a Sen for a long time if Melnyk didn’t nix it.

I don’t think it will be hard to sign young guys who don’t have the U leverage yet. But it will get complicated as soon as they approach their 25-26; until something change in ownership
D'Accord will be able to leave university and become a free agent. Free will is a problem for the Sens. He probably won't sign here unless we clear out our goalie situation. He can probably be a starter in the AHL next year for a team who's shallow in the goalie prospect pool.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Ottawa Senators players 23 years old or under:
Defense
Chabot
Jaros
Wolanin
Brannstrom
Lajoie
Bernard-Docker
Tychonick

Forward
White
Tkachuk
Batherson
Norris
Brown
Chlapik
Abramov
Davidsson
Duclair
Formenton
Crookshank

Goalie
Daccord
Gustavsson
Mandolese

Not all of those guys will work out, but many of them are far enough along that they look like good NHL players. Hope we hit a home run or two on our draft picks.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ottawa Senators players 23 years old or under:
Defense
Chabot
Jaros
Wolanin
Brannstrom
Lajoie
Bernard-Docker
Tychonick

Forward
White
Tkachuk
Batherson
Norris
Brown
Chlapik
Abramov
Davidsson
Duclair
Formenton
Crookshank

Goalie
Daccord
Gustavsson
Mandolese

Not all of those guys will work out, but many of them are far enough along that they look like good NHL players. Hope we hit a home run or two on our draft picks.
You can still add Englund and Paul. They aren’t busted yet.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He hasn’t actually
I guess miracles can happen. But seriously, he is clearly not NHL material. I actually watch some BSens games. His stick skills are so bad he'll never be a NHL player. Also not a great skater, low IQ etc. He has no NHL qualities to his game. He is a bust. You can say he isn't but that won't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad