2018-2019 Roster Talk, Part 5

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Why not switch voracek and tk. Gives better defense and possession to g and tk can learn responsibility from coots.

This way we still have three lines. Instead of two and slop

Reactions: Jtown

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
If Simmonds is gone;
call up NAK to play in his spot.

Let's claim DSP ?!

Bailey - Raffl - DSP as our 4th line. Would be fun to watch them forecheck.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
That’s cool stuff. Thanks Appleyard.

Amac is laughably bad. Ghost is insane. G loves that far side and I love seeing him there. Patrick 100% needs to take Simmonds spot on the PP1

Reactions: Rebels57

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That’s cool stuff. Thanks Appleyard.

Amac is laughably bad. Ghost is insane. G loves that far side and I love seeing him there. Patrick 100% needs to take Simmonds spot on the PP1

The thing that surprised me most is Provorov... just insane how often he gets to the slot. But then start thinking about it and it fits, so many chances from there when jumps into play and sees a seam. Honestly so, so few Dmen can do it, and it is a big reason he scored more goals than any NHL Dman last year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The thing that surprised me most is Provorov... just insane how often he gets to the slot. But then start thinking about it and it fits, so many chances from there when jumps into play and sees a seam. Honestly so, so few Dmen can do it, and it is a big reason he scored more goals than any NHL Dman last year.

He's been really aggro lately in the offensive zone. He's at or behind the goal line all the time.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He jumps into every rush. It’s why him and Sanheim aren’t the greatest compliments, handedness aside. One of Sanheim’s best attributes is joining the rush and on a pair with Provorov, he’s a stay at home D. Like a young Jay Bouwmeester. Gord would be proud.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hold on... I thought Ghost was the only selfish defensemen who tries to score and makes mistakes....

What is funny is I actually think once established in the OZ Ghost might be - alongside Gudas - the most responsible in terms of puck management and thinking of defense, balacing it with offense... AMac is too tbf to him, and Hagg to a lesser extent (he creeps up more often), but both are just more ineffective in other areas for it to be a big positive.

Ghost finds the balance pretty well in general. Though that is only in regards to once established.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What is funny is I actually think once established in the OZ Ghost might be - alongside Gudas - the most responsible in terms of puck management and thinking of defense, balacing it with offense... AMac is too tbf to him, and Hagg to a lesser extent (he creeps up more often), but both are just more ineffective in other areas for it to be a big positive.

Ghost finds the balance pretty well in general. Though that is only in regards to once established.
Yup, Ghost isn't even remotely close to as risky and aggressive as his little hate squad likes to pretend. He knows when to pinch and when to fall back. Provorov easily causes more odd man rushes against but his reputation saves him from the same punishment from coaches and hate from "fans".

On top of that, Ghost is a f***ing magician when it comes to keeping pucks in the zone, especially on the PP... he's like the polar opposite of Streit, who somehow managed to fumble every puck he ever touched.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad