2018-2019 Roster Talk, Part 5

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One of the few things I’ve actually enjoyed over the past decade of watching this team is watching Giroux pile up points and cement himself as one of the true greats in this teams history... so these idiots doing their best to hold him back right now is extra annoying.

And yeah, the inconsistency is infuriating. Like I’ve said, Provorov has been even worse than Ghost this year and yet he gets infinite patience and endless icetime/opportunities. Meanwhile Ghost doesn’t nothing wrong (even scores 4 points) and sees his icetime cut and gets paired with NON-LITERAL fecal matter. It makes it endlessly clear that the punishments aren’t performance based but instead mere bias.

I can understand moving G to center to try and improve depth and get more out of JVR, and I can even understand riding it with as long as they did despite the lack of production because of the winning. That being said, its not become detrimental to the team. The PP is a f***ing abomination and ill never understand what they were thinking there.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can understand moving G to center to try and improve depth and get more out of JVR, and I can even understand riding it with as long as they did despite the lack of production because of the winning. That being said, its not become detrimental to the team. The PP is a ****ing abomination and ill never understand what they were thinking there.
Giroux can definitely still play center, it’s just that the line combinations fit together so much better with him at wing.

I also don’t mind them trying different lines, but once it’s proven to not work you have to go back to what has worked or at least try something else.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
One of the few things I’ve actually enjoyed over the past decade of watching this team is watching Giroux pile up points and cement himself as one of the true greats in this teams history... so these idiots doing their best to hold him back right now is extra annoying.

And yeah, the inconsistency is infuriating. Like I’ve said, Provorov has been even worse than Ghost this year and yet he gets infinite patience and endless icetime/opportunities. Meanwhile Ghost doesn’t nothing wrong (even scores 4 points) and sees his icetime cut and gets paired with NON-LITERAL fecal matter. It makes it endlessly clear that the punishments aren’t performance based but instead mere bias.

Agreed. The punishment and biases are crystal clear and predictable.

G is the man. We are so lucky to have such an elite star...Which makes it even more idiotic they consistently handicap him at every turn. Not only with inferior players on the roster in general but directly impacting his ability to generate offence. "Let's get Hagg out there with G's line whenever we can".

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
They need to play Myers. Either the ice time shows sooner he isn’t what they need and they can change plans or he gets the needed ice time to improve. That’s an organizational decision. If coach isn’t playing him somebody higher needs to make the call.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Agreed. The punishment and biases are crystal clear and predictable.

G is the man. We are so lucky to have such an elite star...Which makes it even more idiotic they consistently handicap him at every turn. Not only with inferior players on the roster in general but directly impacting his ability to generate offence. "Let's get Hagg out there with G's line whenever we can".
Hagg being out with Giroux so often is one of the most insane things they do.

Our best offensive player being stuck with our worst... what could go wrong?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I actually think it would be worthwhile to try Patrick on Giroux's LW. I think Patrick needs to improve his play without the puck. A (temporary) move to wing might help him focus on that, and having an elite playmaker next to him would really open up his game.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Fletcher and Gordon should have a lineup suggestions box from the fans outside the WFC to push for a Provorov-Gudas, Sanheim-Ghost pairing just to try them out.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
How much longer will Gordor keep the ice cold JVR - Giroux combo together? How much longer will PP1 be assembled with everyone in the opposite of where they should be? Why do coachs make coaching so hard on themselves?

JVR-Giroux and current PP1 work well in their practice sessions. And they look good on video. That's all that matters.

Reactions: Rebels57

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The AMac usage makes me think nobody here understands hockey. This is the 5th year of him getting constant minutes despite what appears to be awful play. Maybe we're wrong? Maybe we're blind and idiotic in our judgement? It's the only remaining possibility.

Reactions: dingbathero

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
May be something or may be nothing but Laine whispers from Winnipeg. Remember there was a report that they would sign him short term and he wasn’t going to be there very long.

I know it’s very unlikely but it seems like there is some fire where that smoke is. I wonder what they are having issues about.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The AMac usage makes me think nobody here understands hockey. This is the 5th year of him getting constant minutes despite what appears to be awful play. Maybe we're wrong? Maybe we're blind and idiotic in our judgement? It's the only remaining possibility.

He is the typical likeable but inept elder employee that was already here before the current managing director took over. He doesn't have role, he doesn't bring anything to the table but nobody feels responsible for him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I actually think it would be worthwhile to try Patrick on Giroux's LW. I think Patrick needs to improve his play without the puck. A (temporary) move to wing might help him focus on that, and having an elite playmaker next to him would really open up his game.

Patrick has been doing great without the puck for a while, even when he wasn't scoring. He's a center, and nothing else.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
May be something or may be nothing but Laine whispers from Winnipeg. Remember there was a report that they would sign him short term and he wasn’t going to be there very long.

I know it’s very unlikely but it seems like there is some fire where that smoke is. I wonder what they are having issues about.
He probably wants Matthews money and they don’t want to pay it. Winnipeg is a budget team and they have a ton of guys coming up for big money.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Now that NAK has shown that he's healthy, he should be going into Simmonds' spot after he has been traded.
Bailey is a big bodied, fast skating guy who doesn't seem to have many hockey skills. If he did, he wouldn't have been traded.
Varone doesn't belong in the NHL. Perhaps Fletcher can obtain someone to play checking line center at the TDL.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Now that NAK has shown that he's healthy, he should be going into Simmonds' spot after he has been traded.
Bailey is a big bodied, fast skating guy who doesn't seem to have many hockey skills. If he did, he wouldn't have been traded.
Varone doesn't belong in the NHL. Perhaps Fletcher can obtain someone to play checking line center at the TDL.

Sounds like a perfect time to recall Jori Lehtorgo!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad