2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jeez so much negativity on this board toda

On another note, I wonder who gets scratched for Ritchie.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Jeez so much negativity on this board toda

On another note, I wonder who gets scratched for Ritchie.
It'll be Nichushkin.

Montgomery is remarkable consistent in his dumb decisions. Bring out a player that generates chances to insert a player that occasionally hits people.

Reactions: Zapp

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It'll be Nichushkin.

Montgomery is remarkable consistent in his dumb decisions. Bring out a player that generates chances to insert a player that occasionally hits people.

Or like how he changes the lines up right after a goal lmao

Or that time against the Ducks we played good defense through 2 periods and all of a sudden he changed the d-pairs up and it became just a massive mess in the 3rd period

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Corsi measures shots too but thank you for clarifying.

Their iCF/60 are substantially different but iSF/60 are super close at even strength. Benn has 14 goals and Nichushkin has 0. Seems like maybe picking your shots at the risk of missing the net might be a good choice for a player with a habit of burying pucks in the goalie's chest.

Then again, I'm not sure Benn's goal production has anything to do with shot selection. Seems like most if not all 14 of his goals were tapped into an open net.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The stats are pretty telling: Nichushkin generates way more shots on net than our other bums (Shore/Faksa/Comeau/Janmark). He also directs more shots towards the net (corsi) that the bums.

Eye test: Nichushkin can't bury opportunities. He seems to get a lot of them. One move. Etc. We all know this. We see it practically every night.

Stats test: Nichushkin has no goals in 30 games or whatever, what a bum!

Put it all together: He typically generates opportunities from in close. He's going to put them in eventually- or his linemates will bury the puck off rebounds.

I've said this before. We don't notice Shore or Janmark as much as we do Nichushkin. Those guys can't generate jack shit by themselves. The only time I notice Comeau is when pucks explode off his stick or he falls down.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Finishing chances is a skill in itself. It’s something Nichushkin is clearing lacking.

Guys who are expected to score 15+ goals don’t simply go 30+ games without a goal, plain and simple. Chances are great but ultimately don’t matter if they don’t go in the net.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hockey is a pretty simple game. You can't score without putting the puck on the net. I'd rather Nichushkin on this team going forward than Janmark, Shore, etc. Especially since he's starting to develop chemistry with Guryanov.

Reactions: Zapp

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The stats are pretty telling: Nichushkin generates way more shots on net than our other bums (Shore/Faksa/Comeau/Janmark). He also directs more shots towards the net (corsi) that the bums.

Eye test: Nichushkin can't bury opportunities. He seems to get a lot of them. One move. Etc. We all know this. We see it practically every night.

Stats test: Nichushkin has no goals in 30 games or whatever, what a bum!

Put it all together: He typically generates opportunities from in close. He's going to put them in eventually- or his linemates will bury the puck off rebounds.

I've said this before. We don't notice Shore or Janmark as much as we do Nichushkin. Those guys can't generate jack **** by themselves. The only time I notice Comeau is when pucks explode off his stick or he falls down.
Literally every f***ing shift with that guy, haven't seen someone with such piss poor balance/skating since playing in Midget

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What does Janmark do? Outside of skate fast, it's not like he's showing gamebreaking abilities in any aspect of his game.
It’s really strange. Last season, he did well. He came back, looked healthy, and even built on what he did his rookie season. Janmark is certainly another winger Nill was expecting to produce. Probably penciled in for 15-20 goals and maybe 35-40 points. With depth scoring being the team’s main problem, Janmark has to be greatly frustrating Nill.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Nichushkin's play suggests he should have more assists than he does. He's a competent passer and has set up a few plays so far this year. The fact that he gets pucks on net means that eventually in the chaos of hockey one of those pucks is going to bounce straight to a teammate. However, shot volume does not automatically translate into goals scored on an individual level, especially if the individual has poor shooting or overall finishing skills. It's hard to go an entire healthy season without scoring at least one goal, but it's pretty clear and well supported by statistics over many years that Nichushkin is a very ineffective goal scorer.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Everyone should seriously take 15 mins out of your day to watch this video. Amazing and emotional story about the team, Kelly Forbes, and his mom's battle with cancer. It's mostly about the teams fight in that Vancouver game she was attending and Jamie Benn's close relationship with Forbes' family.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
I’m no Shore fan, but I am absolutely shocked that people would take Nischuskin over Shore . If you’re gonna call Shore and Janmark a bum, Nischuskin is right there below them. Yes, Janmark has been shit this year, but Shore has not, albeit inconsistent. However Shore is not someone who is supposed to be a top six player. I’m glad Val has looked decent for six games lol wooohooo

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
It’s really strange. Last season, he did well. He came back, looked healthy, and even built on what he did his rookie season. Janmark is certainly another winger Nill was expecting to produce. Probably penciled in for 15-20 goals and maybe 35-40 points. With depth scoring being the team’s main problem, Janmark has to be greatly frustrating Nill.

He frustrates us, so someone ought to frustrate him.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m just glad we didn’t lock up Janmark for multiple years. This summer I’m hoping we ship out Janmark, Shore, Pitlick, Honka, and Ritchie. Let Methot walk, take the rest of the year to see if Spezza earns a one year deal. Hanzal and Comeau are ideal scratch’s.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
XXX - XXX - Gurianov
Dickinson - Faksa - Nichushkin
Hintz - Spezza - Robertson
Hanzal - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
XXX - XXX

Bishop
Khudobin

Should be around 59M guessing Spezza and Dickie each get around 2M, Lindell with 5M, and Bayreuther with around 1M. Gives up close to 25M to work with. Don’t care if we get the players via trade or free agency, we just need some real depth.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I’m just glad we didn’t lock up Janmark for multiple years. This summer I’m hoping we ship out Janmark, Shore, Pitlick, Honka, and Ritchie. Let Methot walk, take the rest of the year to see if Spezza earns a one year deal. Hanzal and Comeau are ideal scratch’s.

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
XXX - XXX - Gurianov
Dickinson - Faksa - Nichushkin
Hintz - Spezza - Robertson
Hanzal - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Johns
XXX - XXX

Bishop
Khudobin

Should be around 59M guessing Spezza and Dickie each get around 2M, Lindell with 5M, and Bayreuther with around 1M. Gives up close to 25M to work with. Don’t care if we get the players via trade or free agency, we just need some real depth.

Looking at the salaries Comeau and Hanzal would be better shipped out. Pitlick and Janmark barely make any money they're better used as extras than Hanzal who will miss 30+ games at the least anway.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m just glad we didn’t lock up Janmark for multiple years. This summer I’m hoping we ship out Janmark, Shore, Pitlick, Honka, and Ritchie. Let Methot walk, take the rest of the year to see if Spezza earns a one year deal. Hanzal and Comeau are ideal scratch’s. Benn - Seguin - Radulov XXX - XXX - Gurianov Dickinson - Faksa - Nichushkin Hintz - Spezza - Robertson Hanzal - Comeau Lindell - Klingberg Heiskanen - Johns XXX - XXX Bishop Khudobin Should be around 59M guessing Spezza and Dickie each get around 2M, Lindell with 5M, and Bayreuther with around 1M. Gives up close to 25M to work with. Don’t care if we get the players via trade or free agency, we just need some real depth.

At this point the team needs a massive shakeup. Wish that Nichushkin, Honka, Spezza, Pitlick, Comeau, Hanzal, and Ritchie would all be dealt away with/let go. Dickinson, Faksa and one of Janmark or Shore can stay in the bottom 6. Everyone else needs to go cause this team badly needs a youth movement and these guys won't work.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
XXX-XXX-Gurianov
Hintz-Dickinson-XXX (youngster - Robertson maybe?)
Shore/Janmark-Faksa-XXX (maybe another youngster that impresses in training camp)

None of this will happen though. Nill is probably viewing the Comeau signing as a success. He needs to go after another big fish in this next free agency. Throw as much money as he can at Duchene and Panarin or either start a rebuild (which won't happen considering the contract we just handed Seguin)

We will also need to find a RD or two. Polak, Carrick, and Honka will likely all be gone. Maybe Carrick stays as a bottom pairing dman or #7. Polak said he is headed to Europe

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
At this point the team needs a massive shakeup. Wish that Nichushkin, Honka, Spezza, Pitlick, Comeau, Hanzal, and Ritchie would all be dealt away with/let go. Dickinson, Faksa and one of Janmark or Shore can stay in the bottom 6. Everyone else needs to go cause this team badly needs a youth movement and these guys won't work.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
XXX-XXX-Gurianov
Hintz-Dickinson-XXX (youngster - Robertson maybe?)
Shore/Janmark-Faksa-XXX (maybe another youngster that impresses in training camp)

None of this will happen though. Nill is probably viewing the Comeau signing as a success. He needs to go after another big fish in this next free agency. Throw as much money as he can at Duchene and Panarin or either start a rebuild (which won't happen considering the contract we just handed Seguin)

We will also need to find a RD or two. Polak, Carrick, and Honka will likely all be gone. Maybe Carrick stays as a bottom pairing dman or #7. Polak said he is headed to Europe

Yeah fair enough. I like Nichushkin’s bottom six game more than Janmark or Shore. As for Spezza he’s been performing pretty well this season. On pace for 44 points, still our best face off guy. Wouldn’t mind bringing him back another year. But all of those are minor details what really matters is getting prime aged scorers on the team.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah fair enough. I like Nichushkin’s bottom six game more than Janmark or Shore. As for Spezza he’s been performing pretty well this season. On pace for 44 points, still our best face off guy. Wouldn’t mind bringing him back another year. But all of those are minor details what really matters is getting prime aged scorers on the team.

As long as Spezza isn't our main guy to rely on for secondary scoring then I could live with it if it was under $3 million for 1 year.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad