Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats Updated 3.1.19) *Part IV*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No reason to stay 4 years. He should leave after his junior year. I’d argue he should turn pro after this sophomore year.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
How many games are left for Cornell? I'd assume they'll end before the AHL season does. He could sign an ATO with Hartford and finish up there. Could a player return to college after signing an ATO? It would be a good experience for him to get into some AHL games if he can.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How many games are left for Cornell? I'd assume they'll end before the AHL season does. He could sign an ATO with Hartford and finish up there. Could a player return to college after signing an ATO? It would be a good experience for him to get into some AHL games if he can.

No he could not return to college if he signs an ATO

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
:laugh:

What do you think? It's not easy to write an entire article in a 2nd language

Just to chip in, when they put in the tweets like that I have no problems with that usage.

But ripping tweets like some have been doing is doubtful and especially just very unnecessary. They could easily put in something like "Via @StatBoy_Steven" or something like that.

Newspapers at first ripped things from left and right and reproduced it in their own articles. Sometimes they put in stuff like "according to an interview published by XXX". But now I think most also adds a link to that interview, I don't know how it is in the US but at least in Europe as far as I know. It gives you a more serious impression, you don't parasite your source risking to hurt it and you don't risk any IPR intrusion and its just simply mutually beneficial for both parties. Just ripping things brings zero upside and is a bit amateurish.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just to chip in, when they put in the tweets like that I have no problems with that usage.

But ripping tweets like some have been doing is doubtful and especially just very unnecessary. They could easily put in something like "Via @StatBoy_Steven" or something like that.

Newspapers at first ripped things from left and right and reproduced it in their own articles. Sometimes they put in stuff like "according to an interview published by XXX". But now I think most also adds a link to that interview, I don't know how it is in the US but at least in Europe as far as I know. It gives you a more serious impression, you don't parasite your source risking to hurt it and you don't risk any IPR intrusion and its just simply mutually beneficial for both parties. Just ripping things brings zero upside and is a bit amateurish.

Eh, Ola. You do realize I wrote that Reunanen & Rykov article, right? ;)

I included my own tweets. @Joey Bones was obviously joking :laugh:

Reactions: Joey Bones and Ola

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Great read!! The last quote is the best....

“We’ve had some contact but I’ve mostly focused on the season here in Lukko. I think that’s the right thing to focus on now. I believe if I can win a lot of games in Finland then that’s the best way to show the Rangers staff that I’m a guy who is tough to beat, a winner. After that moving to North America is possible, which is my goal and dream for sure.”

- Tarmo Reunanen per Blueshirt Banter

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Today we have a busy schedule.

11:30 AM: Yegor Rykov against Dynamo Moscow
11:30 AM: Igor Shestyorkin plays Jokerit
12:00 PM: Dominik Lakatos against his former team Berani Zlin
12:30 PM: Lauri Pajuniemi vs Tappara
1:00 PM: Patrik Virta vs Djurgarden
1:00 PM: Calle Sjalin vs AIK

Is it true thet he has only been credited with 4 hits in KHL in 155 total games?
No wonder the Devils parted with him.
Don't jump on me, but he can be great in every other area (heard he is good at blocking shots), but if you cannot be somewhat physical in the NHL, I personally have no real hope, don't want him on the Rangers, unless he can fix this issue. Sounds like a wuss to me.

Okay guys, have at it......educate me, but don't hate me. Just my thoughts and ignorance?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
More hits means you have the puck less. Many KHL rinks are Olympic/International sized as opposed to NA sized, so there's more space to cover or avoid checks. A lot of those games he probably didn't play much as the 7D

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Against a team with 16 players. Slovan is royally screwed the end of the season. They just don't have enough players due to the financial situation and players walking.

But they got new sponsors for next season
What an embarrassment. I thought the KHL was getting it together.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tarmo had an assist, was +1, and played 19:52. Lukko played winger Brandon DeFazio 29:04 for some reason. :laugh:

Lakatos was without a point.

Kravtsov had no points.

Rykov had nothing.

Ragnarsson is -1 with 2 PIM through 2 periods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad