Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats Updated 3.1.19) *Part IV*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's a smooth stating defenseman but he's just learning the game at the pro level.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now, he's a young guy playing in a man's League, I can't imagine what Brady Skjei would have looked like playing in a pro league at 19 years old, think he was on the third pairing at Minnesota when he was 19, not doing much of anything, but ya know, learning ;)
Oh for sure, not something to worry about right now. I just take note of +/- when one guy is so dramatically different than the other guys in his skater class. I've seen him a few times this year for just a period or so at a time, he does move really well. I saw him in an OT period the other day, he was great out there, gliding around on the open ice. Kinda reminds me of Pionk at times in that he just looks like he's a little out of control.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ragnarsson's father Marcus played 9 full years as a defenseman in the NHL. He wasn't a big point producer. He was just a steady guy mostly for a pretty decent to very good Sharks team. Jacob seems to be chip off the old block and he wasn't really a reach where we took him. He was a name expected to go somewhere around where he went. Obviously he ain't ready for the NHL but.......he's still a teenager and teenagers suffer through growing pains and I think it was a positive that he was very much considered for the Swedish WJC team this year.

It might be he's two, three, four seasons away and we're probably going to see someone more like a Claesson than a Erik Karlsson. But if he plays over 600 NHL games and almost 70 NHL playoff games he'll be a pretty good 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Sarge13

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
And his pop was a great find in the 1992 5th round.

I wanted Marcus Ragnarsson on the Rangers so bad years ago because he was such a stabling force on the defense and that's what we needed when he was in his prime.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Good stuff. Pilo and Bergqvist are interesting names to watch. It looks like Bergqvist can be selected in this year's draft as an overager, but Pilo has already gone undrafted twice so I think any team could just sign him - is that right?

They're both pretty small guys. One interesting thing is that Hockeydb has Pilo at 154 lbs, but Eliteprospects has him at 185. Maybe he put on some muscle this year and took a step forward? Wouldn't mind taking a flier on either guy.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Last night, Keane had a goal and Gross an assist.

Lundkvist was +3 today.

Lindbom didn't play and probably won't play much from here out. Lost season.

Reunanen had an assist and was +1; he "only" played a game-leading 22:58, which was due to his team winning 8-1.

EDIT: Corrected info, Keane had a G not an A.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Last night, Keane had a goal and Gross an assist.

Lundkvist was +3 today.

Lindbom didn't play and probably won't play much from here out. Lost season.

Reunanen had an assist and was +1; he "only" played a game-leading 22:58, which was due to his team winning 8-1.

EDIT: Corrected info, Keane had a G not an A.

Tweeted this two days ago, and now he has another point

Reunanen now 21 points.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Good stuff. Pilo and Bergqvist are interesting names to watch. It looks like Bergqvist can be selected in this year's draft as an overager, but Pilo has already gone undrafted twice so I think any team could just sign him - is that right?

They're both pretty small guys. One interesting thing is that Hockeydb has Pilo at 154 lbs, but Eliteprospects has him at 185. Maybe he put on some muscle this year and took a step forward? Wouldn't mind taking a flier on either guy.
Bergkvist has been great in SuperElit as well averaging an absurd amount of shots per game for a defenceman and scoring 9 goals and 14 points in 14 games. Me and @ManUtdTobbe have been talking about him for a while as a guy to target in the bottom rounds.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Today we have a busy schedule.

11:30 AM: Yegor Rykov against Dynamo Moscow
11:30 AM: Igor Shestyorkin plays Jokerit
12:00 PM: Dominik Lakatos against his former team Berani Zlin
12:30 PM: Lauri Pajuniemi vs Tappara
1:00 PM: Patrik Virta vs Djurgarden
1:00 PM: Calle Sjalin vs AIK

Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reunanen is looking like we should bring him over last year.

Reunanen was struggling after his injury to get back in the line up in Turku. His move to Lukko was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Rykov & Reunanen both have a season of resurgence and rehabilitation. Both went from being a 7th D on a top-team to being a top-pair D-man on a 5-10 ranked team

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Reunanen was struggling after his injury to get back in the line up in Turku. His move to Lukko was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Rykov & Reunanen both have a season of resurgence and rehabilitation. Both went from being a 7th D on a top-team to being a top-pair D-man on a 5-10 ranked team

I don’t think we really could have asked for more from these kids. If these two come over to the US next season, that would be huge for Hartford.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don’t think we really could have asked for more from these kids. If these two come over to the US next season, that would be huge for Hartford.

Worst case scenario, it gives the guys in HFD more competition which is always a good thing. Best case scenario they beat out all the guys and jump to the NHL. Especially Rykov has a shot

Reactions: Rongomania

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Here is a prospect hyped after his freshmen year, forgotten after his sophomore year, and still seems to be underrated around here. Did Lindblom really beat out Wall on the prospect list? Great for us but will be interesting to see if both Huska and Wall stay for their senior years, and what the organization will do with all of these goalies turning pro. Maybe they can convince Huska, who's a year older to turn pro this summer.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Actually I don't know why I used the word 'last' in that post. It's weird almost. I really meant to say next.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Here is a prospect hyped after his freshmen year, forgotten after his sophomore year, and still seems to be underrated around here. Did Lindblom really beat out Wall on the prospect list? Great for us but will be interesting to see if both Huska and Wall stay for their senior years, and what the organization will do with all of these goalies turning pro. Maybe they can convince Huska, who's a year older to turn pro this summer.

Yeah I was trying to plead Wall's case when the voting was going on, I definitely had him way ahead of the guy who was taken in round 2 last year.

I wouldn't mind him staying in college another year, there's no dire emergency for Wall, if anyone thinks that they're lying......

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Looks like UML will return pretty much all of their important players, and they probably also will only lose one defenseman and not even one of their better ones. So, they should have a really good team again. The other goalie is also a Senior and will be gone. So regardless of how far UML goes this year (they're one of the hottest teams in the country), he could come back and be the undisputed #1 on the team and expect to go damn far.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Yeah I was trying to plead Wall's case when the voting was going on, I definitely had him way ahead of the guy who was taken in round 2 last year.

I wouldn't mind him staying in college another year, there's no dire emergency for Wall, if anyone thinks that they're lying......
Yeah I'd prefer he stay the senior year too, he'll only be 22, and no rush to get him to Hartford other than maybe not wanting to see him go the free agent route. If he's a senior about to sign an ELC and we possibly have all of Huska, Georgiev, and Shestyorkin in the system, he might want to look for playing time elsewhere. I would really finally like to see Hartford with a strong tandem of prospect goalies pushing each other, I think it would go a long way to steering the ship down there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Daniel Bernhardt retired. Unfortunate he had that debilitating condition. I don't think he was a real NHL prospect before that, but he certainly could have carved out a career somewhere.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Daniel Bernhardt retired. Unfortunate he had that debilitating condition. I don't think he was a real NHL prospect before that, but he certainly could have carved out a career somewhere.

That is a shame for him he was really talented as a younger player I really liked what I saw before the draft, one of the few times I actually picked one of the later round players that we drafted.

2015 is looking like a really good draft and we're most likely going to come out of it with Huska.

2014 - Shesty
2015 - Huska
2016 - Reunanen, Wall

That looks like the haul for those three years going forward....

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Virta scored a PPG just now, I didn't see it, I was checking out Sjalin who just looks so poised and solid out there.

Lakatos was scoreless and -1. Pajuniemi was scoreless and also picked up a misconduct late. Rykov was scoreless and even.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That is a shame for him he was really talented as a younger player I really liked what I saw before the draft, one of the few times I actually picked one of the later round players that we drafted.

2015 is looking like a really good draft and we're most likely going to come out of it with Huska.

2014 - Shesty
2015 - Huska
2016 - Reunanen, Wall

That looks like the haul for those three years going forward....
'16 I feel pretty strongly that Gettinger will become an NHL contributor in some capacity.

Also from '15, sucks about Kovacs. I mean he put himself in the situation and we were wise to let him out of his contract to go home, but he looks like a pretty good player in the SHL and could have been here. More in the third-line mold than a true scorer, but he could have been a useful, young part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad