Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
yeah McLeod is worrisome on the offensive side but it seemed to coincide with his move to Saginaw...he was having a great year with Mississauga so I wonder if it has to do with coaching and usage

he's still a phenomenal skater and a legit prospect

Reactions: smokersarejokers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
yeah McLeod is worrisome on the offensive side but it seemed to coincide with his move to Saginaw...he was having a great year with Mississauga so I wonder if it has to do with coaching and usage

he's still a phenomenal skater and a legit prospect
Isn't his brother supposedly the better player? That guy hasn't solidified a NHL spot yet

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games on Thursday, including one on TV.

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at North Bay - Game 4 @ 5 PM (Niagara leads series 2-1)
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Kitchener - Game 4 @ 5 PM (Guelph leads series 3-0)
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live or watch on Sportsnet 360

London (Evan Bouchard) at Windsor - Game 4 @ 5 PM (London leads series 3-0)
Listen at 980 CFPL London or watch on OHL Live

Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) at Sarnia - Game 4 @ 5 PM (Saginaw leads series 3-0)
Listen at 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or watch on OHL Live

QMJHL

Halifax (Ostap Safin) at Quebec - Game 4 @ 5 PM (Quebec leads series 2-1)
Listen at CJNI 95.7 Halifax or watch on QMJHL Live

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think he’s used in a lot of defensive situations since they have other offensive weapons.

I haven't seen every game in the playoffs, but from what I have seen McLeod has been centering the Spirit top line, between Tippett and Perfetti.

I think the concerns around McLeod's production are fair, but in my eyes his game is built for pro. He does so many little things that don't translate to point totals.

Reactions: North and belair

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I haven't seen every game in the playoffs, but from what I have seen McLeod has been centering the Spirit top line, between Tippett and Perfetti.

I think the concerns around McLeod's production are fair, but in my eyes his game is built for pro. He does so many little things that don't translate to point totals.
Haven't watched his game a ton. What does he do so well?

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
This is interesting:

upload_2019-3-28_13-16-42.png

We have his rights until August 15th. Wonder if we let New Jersey use him for the AHL. Not sure why we would not sign him to a PTO for Wichita for the remainder of this year. The most interesting thing is that we got him from New Jersey.

Just as an FYI, pretty much every NHL team now has either offered some try-out to a UFA free agent college player.

North

Jun 25, 2009
This is interesting:

View attachment 205885

We have his rights until August 15th. Wonder if we let New Jersey use him for the AHL. Not sure why we would not sign him to a PTO for Wichita for the remainder of this year. The most interesting thing is that we got him from New Jersey.

Just as an FYI, pretty much every NHL team now has either offered some try-out to a UFA free agent college player.

He wasn’t great in college. Why bother signing him for the ECHL?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This type of stat watching annoys me lol. After one game a guy's gonna be a stud, but after the next he's just 'mediocre' and so on.
I never said he is going to be mediocre. Just that Boqvist is dominating. I fully expect Bouchard to claw the spotlight back.

Edit: didn't mean to make it seem like I was shutting on him. Both guys have been incredible, Boqvist just stole the spotlight the last 2. Bouchard is the kind of guy who I think gets better around guys playing better. London is lucky to have both

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
McLeod had a goal and an assist to lead Saginaw to an OT victory and series clinching win. He has above avg. speed,size,good 200 ft game and team first mentality. He plays a ton of TOI night in night out.

Reactions: A91

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I never said he is going to be mediocre. Just that Boqvist is dominating. I fully expect Bouchard to claw the spotlight back.

Edit: didn't mean to make it seem like I was shutting on him. Both guys have been incredible, Boqvist just stole the spotlight the last 2. Bouchard is the kind of guy who I think gets better around guys playing better. London is lucky to have both

I wasn't necessarily targeting you with that. It's just something I noticed on this forum. Reading threads on Nurse is a good example of this.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The IceDogs used the Battalion's combat uniforms for potty training 5-3 to take a 3-1 series lead. Kirill Maksimov wasn't in the lineup.

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot, took a coincidental roughing call and was +1, as the Storm took out the entire house but left the kitchen 5-1 to win the series 4-0.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League (includes highlights)

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 5 shots and was even, as the Knights bludgeoned the Spitfires into scrap metal 5-2 and win the series 4-0.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League (includes highlights)

Ryan McLeod scored to send the game into OT, had an assist, 3 shots, won 10 of 27 faceoffs and was even, as the Spirit took out the Sting and left them to wither on the ground 5-4 in OT, to win the series 4-0.

Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, threw 2 hits, got called for slashing and was -1, as the Mooseheads gummed open the drawbridge of the Remparts 5-4 to tie the series at 2-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features. (includes highlights)

Reactions: Aerrol

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
McLeod had a goal and an assist to lead Saginaw to an OT victory and series clinching win. He has above avg. speed,size,good 200 ft game and team first mentality. He plays a ton of TOI night in night out.

It doesn't sound like a stretch to suggest he could be our 3C in a couple of years. It would be great to finally have a long-term go to 3C on our team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The IceDogs used the Battalion's combat uniforms for potty training 5-3 to take a 3-1 series lead. Kirill Maksimov wasn't in the lineup.

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot, took a coincidental roughing call and was +1, as the Storm took out the entire house but left the kitchen 5-1 to win the series 4-0.

Evan Bouchard had an assist, 5 shots and was even, as the Knights bludgeoned the Spitfires into scrap metal 5-2 and win the series 4-0.

Ryan McLeod scored to send the game into OT, had an assist, 3 shots, won 10 of 27 faceoffs and was even, as the Spirit took out the Sting and left them to wither on the ground 5-4 in OT, to win the series 4-0.

Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, threw 2 hits, got called for slashing and was -1, as the Mooseheads gummed open the drawbridge of the Remparts 5-4 to tie the series at 2-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features. (includes highlights)
Wild to see 3 clean sweeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad