Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
4 games involving 5 prospects today, including one on TV.

QMJHL

Charlottetown at Halifax (Ostap Safin) @ 1:30 PM
Listen at CJNI 95.7 Halifax or watch on QMJHL Live or watch on Sportsnet 1 and Sportsnet (jip)

OHL

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Erie @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

London (Evan Bouchard) at Saginaw (Ryan McLeod) @ 5 PM
Listen at 980 CFPL London or 100.5 WSGW Carrollton or watch on OHL Live

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Barrie @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Has Bouchard's teams struggles affected his numbers or has his struggles (assuming that he's been struggling) affected the team? Sorry to the Knights fans out there but I want this guy in Bako ASAP.

Reactions: Senor Catface

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, no shots, threw a hit and was even, but the Islanders invaded the land of the Mooseheads 3-2 in a shootout.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features. (includes video)

The Storm blew the Otters into next season 5-2. Dmitri Samorukov wasn't in the lineup.

Evan Bouchard had a PP goal and an assist, 7 shots and was -1, as the Knights tore through the fancy dance of the Spirit 5-2. Ryan McLeod had no points, won 13 of 23 faceoffs and was +1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League (includes video)

The IceDogs stampeded the Colts into the glue factory 7-4. Kirill Maksimov wasn't in the lineup.

Reactions: SOilers

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Boston College won their second game last night 4-3 in OT against Hayden Hawkey's Providence team. JD Dudek scored the opening goal and Vincent Desharnais finished as a +1. The deciding game is tonight, with several of our prospects on both sides. No McPhee or Rasanen in game two for BC.

Phil Kemp's Yale team got dispatched in two straight games against Clarkson, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to see where Nico Sturm decides to sign.

John Marino is still kicking with Harvard who won their series in two straight. Matt Cairns and Cornell face Union in a deciding game this afternoon.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Anyone who's been keeping tabs on BC this season, what's going on there? I'm not sure we should be giving up hopes on a guy like Rasanen just yet. That team has quite a few notable prospects who underachieved this season. It looks like a team that simply lacks star power.

Looking at that roster, I think they were probably expecting a guy like Wahlstrom to carry a bigger load than he has.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A BC win today would be a huge upset.

Providence would still likely make the NCAA tourney, but there's a small chance they wouldn't make the cut with a loss.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Phil Kemp's Yale team got dispatched in two straight games against Clarkson, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to see where Nico Sturm decides to sign.

Surely he can see the success our Germans are having here with 40+ goals from them this season.

He'd bring something different to the prospect pool. We don't have a big pivot with his size in the system.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Anyone who's been keeping tabs on BC this season, what's going on there? I'm not sure we should be giving up hopes on a guy like Rasanen just yet. That team has quite a few notable prospects who underachieved this season. It looks like a team that simply lacks star power.

Looking at that roster, I think they were probably expecting a guy like Wahlstrom to carry a bigger load than he has.
Its hard to believe that they only have one guy with more than 8 goals. That makes Rasanen's 5 goals look not so bad I guess.

Reactions: belair

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Surely he can see the success our Germans are having here with 40+ goals from them this season.

He'd bring something different to the prospect pool. We don't have a big pivot with his size in the system.
The Oilers should be all over this. They have a lot of solid wing prospects but are thin on bottom 6 centers. Sturm might even be able to get some games next year on the 4th line.

Reactions: Soli

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011

Either you're gonna be the next Drai or you're never gonna never score a goal.

Reactions: Cloned and Soli

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
BC with the huge 2-1 upset win.

No points for our guys. Joseph Woll(Leafs prospect) stood on his head in net.

Providence is eliminated from the Hockey East tournament, but will likely still have a spot in the NCAA tourney.

BU won their game today too, so I think that means BC will play UMass(ranked #3 in the NCAA) next weekend in the semifinals.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Is Maxipad injured or what? I enjoy counting his goals and penalty minutes but lately whenever I check he’s not in the lineup.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't live in Ontario but just wondering who you have for winning the OHL?
Not the person you quoted, but I believe the Ottawa 67s are the heavy favourites.

London (Bouchard), Guelph (Samorukov), and Niagara (Maksimov) should all have a chance though.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Not the person you quoted, but I believe the Ottawa 67s are the heavy favourites.

London (Bouchard), Guelph (Samorukov), and Niagara (Maksimov) should all have a chance though.

Thanks for the info. I’m hoping London but would like Guelph or Niagara as well. I won a prize to Mem Cup and the prize is a private box on May 19 game between Qmjhl and OHL winners

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Any first eye reports on McLeod?

He was pacing for an improvement over the previous year before the trade but has (stat wise) struggled with Saginaw.

Any thoughts on people that have seen him play? I'm not concerned about half a season of play, but getting some perspective on it would be nice.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
If these polls mean anything Samorukov is the better prospect ( because we know he also has strong offensive skillset to boot)

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Niagara vs. North Bay - Series B (East)

OHL PLAYOFFS | Eastern Conference Quarter-Final Preview – Niagara IceDogs

Thursday, March 21st @ 5:00pm, in Niagara
Saturday, March 23rd @ 5:00pm, in Niagara
Tuesday, March 26th @ 5:00pm, in North Bay
Thursday, March 28th @ 5:00pm, in North Bay
Friday, March 29th @ 5:00pm, in Niagara*
Sunday, March 31st @ Noon, in North Bay*
Tuesday, April 2nd @ 5:00pm, in Niagara*
(*if necessary)

Season series (3-2-1 Niagara):
Sat, Sep 29 NB 1 NIAG 6 (Kirill Maksimov: 1-1-2 +1 2 4 0/0) Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Fri, Nov 9 NB 4 NIAG 3 OT (Did not play)
Sat, Nov 10 NIAG 3 NB 4 (Did not play)
Sat, Dec 8 NB 2 NIAG 5 (2-0-2 0 3 0 0/0 and named first star) Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Fri, Mar 1 NIAG 6 NB 4 (2-0-2 +2 5 4 0/0 and named first star) Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Sun, Mar 17 NIAG 8 NB 3 (Did not play)

Season stats:
GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG SOG GWG FOW FOA PTS/G
63 40 39 79 38 118 16 2 232 4 7 15 1.25
vs. North Bay:
GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG SOG GWG FOW FOA PTS/G
3 5 1 6 +3 8 2 0 10 1 0 0 2.00

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events