Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Prospect Stats, Reports and Discussion - The Memorial Cup (Samorukov and Safin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I said this earlier in the year, but our college prospects...

Oof.

Kemp seems like a high value pick at least for the 7th round.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I said this earlier in the year, but our college prospects...

Oof.

Kemp seems like a high value pick at least for the 7th round.

Kesselring has done much better with his new USHL team.

33gp. 2-10-12 with his old team Des Moines
22gp. 5-9-14 with his new team Fargo

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I assume you mean skaters. Hayden Hawkey is one of the top goaltenders in the NCAA.

I did yeah. I mean, some of our NCAA prospects years might be situational, like the aforementioned blackhole that is the Boston College team. As a whole though, not a good year for the group.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I did yeah. I mean, some of our NCAA prospects years might be situational, like the aforementioned blackhole that is the Boston College team. As a whole though, not a good year for the group.

I really thought that McPhee would turn into a decent prospect, hopefully he has a lot better senior season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I should've added that I still think Bouchard is the better prospect.

It's nice to have multiple prospects exceed their draft position and trend in the right direction.

Agreed. Our prospect cupboard on D looks pretty damn decent. You should do a top 20 list if you have the time and desire to do such a thing for our prospects as you probably watch more of them than just about anyone else on here.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Agreed. Our prospect cupboard on D looks pretty damn decent. You should do a top 20 list if you have the time and desire to do such a thing for our prospects as you probably watch more of them than just about anyone else on here.

I have one in the works, with highlights. Personal life has slowed its production, but hopefully this weekend or early next week I'll have it out. I also want to see if we sign any college FA's.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I have one in the works, with highlights. Personal life has slowed its production, but hopefully this weekend or early next week I'll have it out. I also want to see if we sign any college FA's.

Sounds good! Take your time my friend, I'm sure that it'll be worth the wait!

Reactions: Consultant

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Well, he's a year older, so he should be better

Aside from them both being 99's I don't understand this logic. Same Bennett is a year older than Connor McDavid, shouldn't he be better? We're talking about a 10th overall pick vs a 3rd round pick. Even at a years difference Samorukov shouldn't be better. We are just fortunate enough that he might be better, but not due to anything wrong with Bouchard.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Aside from them both being 99's I don't understand this logic. Same Bennett is a year older than Connor McDavid, shouldn't he be better? We're talking about a 10th overall pick vs a 3rd round pick. Even at a years difference Samorukov shouldn't be better. We are just fortunate enough that he might be better, but not due to anything wrong with Bouchard.
The age difference matters with season played for development...however...
Samorukov was born June 99 and has played 3 OHL season.

Bouchard was born October 99 and has 4 OHL seasons.

Both Samorukov and Bouchard started hockey the same year from the looks of it so really. The age thing doesn't matter as the hockey experience isn't greater on Samorukovs side.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The London Knights have been....bad lately. Bouchard has been very good though.

Yeah they were so dominant when he was first sent down. I am almost hoping for an early exit so that he gets some pro reps to close out this season.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had an assist, 4 shots (3 considered dangerous) and was -1, as the Mooseheads bellowed at the Sea Dogs 5-4 in the shootout.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features. (includes video)

Evan Bouchard had 2 goals (1 PP), 8 shots, got called for cross checking (PPGA), was -1 and named third star, but the Greyhounds kept knocking down the Knights 6-3.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League (includes video)

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, 5 shots, served 2 for delay of game and was -1, as the Storm flushed the Otters down the drain 5-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League (includes video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad