GDT: 2018-2019 Other Playoff Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
Sharks have had all the McGinns except the one who is actually useful.

I know I followed the Sharks that entire season but I feel like I do not remember 2014-2015 at all. I forgot Tye was even on the team.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Wasn't even watching the scoreboard between long day at work and subsequent beering. Then some other customer asked for NBCSN to be put on.

That's kinda insane that they really did it, and in dominating fashion. Two more rounds to go for that bunch of jerks.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
If you told me before the season started that the only teams that stand in the sharks way of reaching the finals are the Avs and Dal/Stl I would’ve screamed for joy. Now I’m worried if we can even show up against Colorado and want nothing to do with Dallas

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Blues aren’t even gonna get by Dallas

They will if we want the Shorkiest of Shorks playoff scenarios to happen.

Either that or the league will step in and award Vegas the spot that would go to the Dallas/St Louis winner, setting up a conference final rematch between SJ and Vegas where the refs all show up wearing Vegas jerseys and Gallant has a buzzer on his bench where he can press it to disallow any Sharks penalty or goal if he wishes.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In that 2006 run, Carolina had a lot going for them, but most of all they had Cam Ward and Eric Staal plowing the way. Considering the experience level, it was perhaps unexpected, but Ward and Staal proved that their 2006 playoff runs were no fluke...they were superstar players delivering superstar-level performances.

Up to this point in the postseason, yes, Slavin is having a Norris-quality run, Staal/Teravainen/Foegele are playing well above expected levels, McElhinney is playing exceptionally, and Aho is the best forward on the team. But in the main, out of all those players only Aho IMO is a franchise-caliber forward (and I understand why many would not share that opinion). Does anyone think that players like Jordan Staal, Slavin, or McElhinney are just breaking out and are going to be superstar-caliber players for even a single regular season? If not, can all those players play above water for another two rounds? It's very rare...among Cup-winning goaltenders, only Mike Vernon comes to mind. With forwards or defensemen, it has generally been a borderline franchise-caliber player like Kris Letang or Craig Simpson playing above water for the postseason.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
This is the first time I can recall that the Derby and a playoff game are not scheduled at the same time. I miss the tradition of an NHL on NBC game getting cut into to watch some horses run in circles.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
In that 2006 run, Carolina had a lot going for them, but most of all they had Cam Ward and Eric Staal plowing the way. Considering the experience level, it was perhaps unexpected, but Ward and Staal proved that their 2006 playoff runs were no fluke...they were superstar players delivering superstar-level performances.

I lived in Buffalo at the time so I remember their run vividly and I still believe it was a lot of luck that they got out of the ECF. Buffalo brought them to a Game 7 in which the GWG was on a 3rd period PP for a puck-over-glass infraction.

The Sabres were also depleted on their backend that series. They trotted out their 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th defensemen.

Imagine the Sharks with this lineup in a playoff game:
Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Heed
DeSimone - Middleton

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Tim Hunter?

jeff-odgers-of-the-san-jose-sharks-looks-on-from-the-bench-during-a-picture-id158602282

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Bobo has to have that one.

Rask had to have that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad