Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sharks don’t win that game without that 5 min power play major Vegas had it won

We can say what we want about the call but don't give up 4 goals on the PK and don't lose the last 3 games. The VGK had every chance to put that series away including the game 6 OT. Hell they even tied it up to force OT there to nullify the 4 goals.

It was just bad all around

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watching playoff hockey now I think we got too many midgets we stink at forechecking
So much this. We have all the speed in the world and we really kill alot of teams with it, but once teams figure us out and stop our speed we're useless. Our guys arent big enough and tough enough to grind it out and win battles for the dump and chase.

We dont need big guys who can hit but we need big guys with grit who can win some battles and toughen up the team a little. Protect some of our midgets if need be

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Easily a bigger choke than anything under Cooper. Fire Gallant.

I think a few of us will still believe what we did is worse (hard to blame them either) but yeah that was Capital-esque levels of bad. I will defend the VGK saying they'd have won if not for the penalty but they did themselves in too. Next goal ends the series. You gotta find a way to win there no matter what happened before.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also - can we get a few things out there in a post-mortem? I might draw up a full one later, but Coop constantly out-thinks the 12-6 lineup. Last season it was going 11/7 for most of the season. This season it was the rotation on D which hampered any pair outside of McD-Cernak from having any chemistry.

Have a f***ing lineup. Hurt someone's feelings.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
If the Lightning didn’t choke then the team wasn’t that good to begin with. Either way, it’s not good.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I love how debating how historic of a choke we had is somehow gonna make it seem better....

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Easily a bigger choke than anything under Cooper. Fire Gallant.

Great, that'd make the second time someone let go a steal of a coach, I'd take him here in an instant. Guy got screwed by a stupid call, didn't get outplayed or outcoached, DeBoer on the other hand was pulling his best Cooper impression prior to the call.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Also - can we get a few things out there in a post-mortem? I might draw up a full one later, but Coop constantly out-thinks the 12-6 lineup. Last season it was going 11/7 for most of the season. This season it was the rotation on D which hampered any pair outside of McD-Cernak from having any chemistry.

Have a ****ing lineup. Hurt someone's feelings.

I don't think we can blame the rotation for Heddy and Strals getting hurt and everything going to shit on D.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Darren Dreger of TSN was on The Instigators on WGR550 in Buffalo and reported that Jacques Martin is a leading candidate for the job. He says:
“There’s been speculation of Todd Richards, although a couple of days ago I got the sense that [Richards] is of interest and is certainly a candidate, but things weren’t heating up there. Maybe that’s changed in the last 24 hours, I don’t know that, but yesterday I was told that Jacques is considered a top candidate. We’ll see.”

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Darren Dreger of TSN was on The Instigators on WGR550 in Buffalo and reported that Jacques Martin is a leading candidate for the job. He says:
“There’s been speculation of Todd Richards, although a couple of days ago I got the sense that [Richards] is of interest and is certainly a candidate, but things weren’t heating up there. Maybe that’s changed in the last 24 hours, I don’t know that, but yesterday I was told that Jacques is considered a top candidate. We’ll see.”
GM Jason Botterill played with Todd Richards on you guessed it. The Orlando Solar Bears.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Watching every other game in the playoffs pisses me off because every other team is doing everything else to win and our team just gave up. f*** every single one of them.

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad