2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Bad 1st by the Huskies... Got mad and dominated the rest of the game. Out shot CC 35-7 and out score them 5-1 over the final two periods... Win 5-3.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
5-0 final. Perfect example of a game where you look at the shots and say maybe the score isn’t indicative of how the game went. Wrong. Shots were even but the game was all UND.
Last night’s game was boring in that North Dakota’s defense was so good and the badgers were so incompetent at creating offense.

Also, must be nice to not have penalties called against. 4 straight power plays for North Dakota and they’ve only played 16 minutes.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Last night’s game was boring in that North Dakota’s defense was so good and the badgers were so incompetent at creating offense.

Also, must be nice to not have penalties called against. 4 straight power plays for North Dakota and they’ve only played 16 minutes.
And all 4 deserved and a missed checking from behind that was a textbook major. I have a feeling they will even out. Bucky much better tonight. Will be an interesting 40 minutes.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And all 4 deserved and a missed checking from behind that was a textbook major. I have a feeling they will even out. Bucky much better tonight. Will be an interesting 40 minutes.
Oh for sure, I just thought Zimmer getting run over when he didn’t have the puck should’ve been a penalty. Badgers are a Saturday team.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Refs handing the game to North Dakota. 5-on-3 for the last minute +. North Dakota’s been too incompetent to score on the eight 1 man pp’s they’ve had. Gotta give em a 2 man power play.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
There it is. 3-2 North Dakota, 5-on-3 goal. What does that make them, 1 for 10 on the power play? Incompetence rules the day. Feel bad for Lebedeff. The rest should get a bag skate.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Refs handing the game to North Dakota. 5-on-3 for the last minute +. North Dakota’s been too incompetent to score on the eight 1 man pp’s they’ve had. Gotta give em a 2 man power play.
Undisciplined play from your guys. That’s usually UND. Powerplay looked good at times as it did last night but your goalie played well. I doubt the other sees the ice for awhile.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any referee who has the PPs 11-4 in a 1 goal game, should be fired before he gets his skates off

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Uh... No. A one goal game does not mean penalties should be close to even.
The refs were pretty bad. I remember very clearly two penalties they just ignored: Zimmer getting run over into the boards when he didn’t have the puck and Malone getting tripped on a 2-on-2. Then in the third period they swallowed their whistles for a few things that could’ve been called on North Dakota but not the two penalties in the final two minutes against Wisconsin.

Side note: how does one cancel NCHC tv? The website when I click on subscriptions just says my next bill date.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Exactly. They were all legit penalties plus they missed 2 majors on Bucky. It’s in the past now. Bring on Miami.
I would want to stop talking about it too if my team was handed the game on a silver platter and just barely delivered.

Also, if you say those two should’ve been majors then you’re actually agreeing with me that the refs were incompetent. They got the Kalynuk penalty correct. He gave the UND player a love tap and he fell like he was hit by a bulldozer. One could argue two for diving as well as the cross check but I could see it either way. Inamoto’s in the last few minutes was just an elbowing. However, Inamoto’s hit from behind that altogether went uncalled was a textbook checking from behind 5 minute major. Probably would’ve helped Wisconsin too. Take their worst defender away (they dressed 7 D anyways) and UND was absolutely horrible on the power play so unlikely they score. So, yes, the refs were horrible. You’re confirming my point.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve moved on. You act like you lost your best buddy. It’s a game not life or death.
Sports are meant to be fun and fair. They’re not fun when rules for one team do not apply to the other. See: when Colorado tied the Wild in the playoffs and won in OT after hooking Coyle. See: Seattle vs Pittsburgh Super Bowl XL. Would you expect the fans of the teams getting screwed to not be upset? I would expect them to be upset. If the refs are going to be whistle happy then call it both ways. Could you imagine if North Dakota had only 2 power plays and Wisconsin had 9 power plays with the refs missing several penalties on Wisconsin? Then on top of that, Wisconsin getting a 5-on-3 to end the game and into OT? That would never happen. NCHC home cookin’ in full effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad