2018-2019 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My hunch is that we will soon see what a bad coach Lucia was. Gophers are still farting around with the puck too much, and making bad decisions, but I think Walker is going to light a fire under this team. Too bad Mittelstadt couldn't have stayed one more year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Badgers beat Victoria 8-2 today in an exhibition match. Doesn’t really say much since the last time they played Wisconsin won 10-1 and then had a disappointing season. Debating on going next Friday to the game against BC.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Solid first weekend for the Gophers. Some of the freshman looked pretty good, from what I saw. Sampo Ranta has a hell of a shot.

The team as a whole looked energetic, from what I saw. There's plenty to clean up, but a road tie and a home win against a solid Duluth team is a great platform to build off.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
My hunch is that we will soon see what a bad coach Lucia was. Gophers are still farting around with the puck too much, and making bad decisions, but I think Walker is going to light a fire under this team. Too bad Mittelstadt couldn't have stayed one more year.
Eh I don't think Lucia was a bad coach. He just refused to change with the times. His game plans his last few years were the same as 02-03 with a lot less talent.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Eh I don't think Lucia was a bad coach. He just refused to change with the times. His game plans his last few years were the same as 02-03 with a lot less talent.
Yeah, Lucia was definitely not a bad coach. I agree with you about him not changing as college hockey changed. It is amazing how college hockey has changed in the last 10-15 years. Just look at Holy Cross vs. Minnesota in the tournament. At the time a 4 beating a 1 was a colossal embarrassment. Now it's basically routine.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lot of interesting scores from last night. Michigan lost to the US under 18 team, 6-3. Notre Dame tied Mercyhurst, 6-6. Ohio State beat Arizona State, 3-2. Bemidji St beat North Dakota, 2-1. SCSU beat Alaska, 3-2. Then, a game I expected to be close resulted in PSU thumping Clarkson, 5-1.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't want to get too excited because Wisconsin started out great last year and fell apart and they blew a 3 goal lead tonight but this team seems to have more weapons than they have in the last several years.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't want to get too excited because Wisconsin started out great last year and fell apart and they blew a 3 goal lead tonight but this team seems to have more weapons than they have in the last several years.
K’Andre Miller is already the best player on the team. The kid is a freaking stud. Will be a hell of an NHLer, no doubt in my mind. The other freshmen just seem to have motors that just won’t quit. They won’t out talent many people but they will outwork them.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
3 games into UNDs season and I see nothing to get me excited for this season. Yes it’s obviously early but I see no true goal scorers and no high end players. The powerplay is non existent and hasn’t changed a bit from last year. No means am I throwing in the towel but right now it’s ugly

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
3 games into UNDs season and I see nothing to get me excited for this season. Yes it’s obviously early but I see no true goal scorers and no high end players. The powerplay is non existent and hasn’t changed a bit from last year. No means am I throwing in the towel but right now it’s ugly
I guess a tie and a loss will do that to a person. How has Bernard-Docker looked?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
K’Andre Miller is already the best player on the team. The kid is a freaking stud. Will be a hell of an NHLer, no doubt in my mind. The other freshmen just seem to have motors that just won’t quit. They won’t out talent many people but they will outwork them.
Watched him for years around here. One of a group of very talented players.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Do you know the reason they switched him to defense? I don’t think I ever heard why but I know it happened within the last few seasons.
I think it was just his size, and possibly the USNDP just needed D. He was always a forward when I saw him play. You'll have to be patient with him. It's hard to install the judgment of a dman into a forward. I think they just switched him 2-3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad