Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This is based on what? Lauzon looked tentative his first few games and then settled in. Zboril is still in the first few games stage of his NHL development.

According to Mark Divver (who is very good), and who covers the team, he thought Zboril should have been called up before Lauzon, based on their AHL play this year. You may be forgetting that Zboril suffered a concussion in China after the high/late hit by Hathaway and may not even be 100% back yet?

Clearly the bruins FO didn't agree. Lauzon had a better start in a small sample size , until he also got injured.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Clearly the bruins FO didn't agree. Lauzon had a better start in a small sample size , until he also got injured.

As I said before (and you ignored?), Zboril suffered a concussion in the preseason, so that may have been a reason why the B’s went with Lauzon first.

As you have not discussed some of the specifics that Divver does when discussing the players, I am going to assume you didn’t watch them play this year in the AHL?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
As I said before (and you ignored?), Zboril suffered a concussion in the preseason, so that may have been a reason why the B’s went with Lauzon first.

As you have not discussed some of the specifics that Divver does when discussing the players, I am going to assume you didn’t watch them play this year in the AHL?

Not live, but I did watch parts of two games. Small sample size but Zboril didn't look any different than he has in his two games with the Bruins. In Lauzon's 1st two games with the Bruins , while he didn't do anything amazing he did seem to have a clue. He made the safe , simple plays and got the job done. Zboril has looked lost to me. He seems very nervous , often fumbling the puck in his zone. I get that Zboril has the higher draft pedigree and may well turn out to be the better player but that is not what I have seen so far.

As far as Zboril's injury is concerned , I don't think it's as much of a factor as your suggesting. He has played in all of the PB games so. While you point out his injury you ignore Lauzon's injury that kept him out two weeks.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
At the end of the day Lauzon, Zboril and Clifton all got their auditions

and Zboril is lagging behind the other two per Cassidy assessment (minutes)

The one thing I'm not liking is that Zboril is playing on the third pairing, where clearly he is not a 3rd pairing kind of D. On the flipside Lauzon is more of a 2nd/3rd pairing D but is playing on the 1st unit

As miller returns and with what Cassidy has hinted, Zboril will likely sit and my guess for wed game

Krug Lauzon
Grz Miller
Kampfer Clifton

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not live, but I did watch parts of two games. Small sample size but Zboril didn't look any different than he has in his two games with the Bruins. In Lauzon's 1st two games with the Bruins , while he didn't do anything amazing he did seem to have a clue. He made the safe , simple plays and got the job done. Zboril has looked lost to me. He seems very nervous , often fumbling the puck in his zone. I get that Zboril has the higher draft pedigree and may well turn out to be the better player but that is not what I have seen so far.

As far as Zboril's injury is concerned , I don't think it's as much of a factor as your suggesting. He has played in all of the PB games so. While you point out his injury you ignore Lauzon's injury that kept him out two weeks.

Your first paragraph is the height of speculation, with absolutely zero to back any of it up. So, you watched “parts of two games” (on a stream?) and concluded that Zboril looked the same in the AHL as he did in his first two games in Boston? That’s pretty convenient.

As you said to another poster, we are seeing different things. Lauzon was in survival mode the first few games in Boston, and Zboril has been as well. I give credit to Lauzon for settling down and playing better once he adapted to the speed of the game.

Unlike yourself it seems, I don’t need to denigrate one prospect to say that another looked good. I want them both to do well and I think the silver lining with the B’s injuries is that they are both seeing NHL action.

I’m not sure what injury you are referring to that kept Lauzon out for two weeks? He was called up to Boston on October 25th and had played in 6 games for Providence. The PB’s had played 7 games at that point, so Lauzon missed one game. No way he was out two weeks and missed only one game.

Zboril played in 13 of the 14 PB games. I believe he sat out the second game of the season to make sure he was ok after the concussion. He did miss the rest of the NHL camps after the hit, which was the original point I was making.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Your first paragraph is the height of speculation, with absolutely zero to back any of it up. So, you watched “parts of two games” (on a stream?) and concluded that Zboril looked the same in the AHL as he did in his first two games in Boston? That’s pretty convenient.

As you said to another poster, we are seeing different things. Lauzon was in survival mode the first few games in Boston, and Zboril has been as well. I give credit to Lauzon for settling down and playing better once he adapted to the speed of the game.

Unlike yourself it seems, I don’t need to denigrate one prospect to say that another looked good. I want them both to do well and I think the silver lining with the B’s injuries is that they are both seeing NHL action.

I’m not sure what injury you are referring to that kept Lauzon out for two weeks? He was called up to Boston on October 25th and had played in 6 games for Providence. The PB’s had played 7 games at that point, so Lauzon missed one game. No way he was out two weeks and missed only one game.

Zboril played in 13 of the 14 PB games. I believe he sat out the second game of the season to make sure he was ok after the concussion. He did miss the rest of the NHL camps after the hit, which was the original point I was making.

That's why I pointed out it was a small sample size, I was trying to save you having a seizure, but you went and had one anyway. Sorry if it doesn't suit your narrative but that is what I saw. He looked no diffrent in the (I'll bold it for you just to make sure you get it) little bit I saw in Providence than he has with the Bruins, Yes I fully understand that it is a very limited sample size. Do You? So stop putting words in my mouth.

I , like you, hope they both turn out to be 1st line Dmen. I've noticed your really sensitive to any criticism anyone may post regarding any player on the Bruins. Fact is none of them are beyond criticism . Hockey is a game of mistakes after all. Why can't you deal with the facts. Sometimes the diamonds don't shine like you would like them too. Some say that`s a pessimist , I like realist . We all see different things when we watch the games. Me and and you are not special , we are like everybody else. We all see different things.

If you think I`m the only one who thought he slid right in then I suggest you go have a look at the Jeremy Lauzon tread after his 1st few games. Now go to the Zboril tread, see, it`s not just me. You may think of yourself as some kind of expert, you may be overrating yourself.

I`m sorry that you see it as denigration , when I point out that I think one player is ahead of another. It is a simple statement of facts as I see them . I have liked Lauzon`s game and I have not been as impressed with Zboril`s. That does not mean it will always be this way, I am simply stating what I have seen so far. Is it crazy to think that Zboril should be well ahead of Lauzon given his draft pedigree? Even the most biased poster would agree it's a wash at best.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's why I pointed out it was a small sample size, I was trying to save you having a seizure, but you went and had one anyway. Sorry if it doesn't suit your narrative but that is what I saw. He looked no diffrent in the (I'll bold it for you just to make sure you get it) little bit I saw in Providence than he has with the Bruins, Yes I fully understand that it is a very limited sample size. Do You? So stop putting words in my mouth.

I , like you, hope they both turn out to be 1st line Dmen. I've noticed your really sensitive to any criticism anyone may post regarding any player on the Bruins. Fact is none of them are beyond criticism . Hockey is a game of mistakes after all. Why can't you deal with the facts. Sometimes the diamonds don't shine like you would like them too. Some say that`s a pessimist , I like realist . We all see different things when we watch the games. Me and and you are not special , we are like everybody else. We all see different things.

If you think I`m the only one who thought he slid right in then I suggest you go have a look at the Jeremy Lauzon tread after his 1st few games. Now go to the Zboril tread, see, it`s not just me. You may think of yourself as some kind of expert, you may be overrating yourself.

I`m sorry that you see it as denigration , when I point out that I think one player is ahead of another. It is a simple statement of facts as I see them . I have liked Lauzon`s game and I have not been as impressed with Zboril`s. That does not mean it will always be this way, I am simply stating what I have seen so far. Is it crazy to think that Zboril should be well ahead of Lauzon given his draft pedigree? Even the most biased poster would agree it's a wash at best.

I don’t mind constructive criticism in the slightest, but I do mind the type of criticism you often seem to bring. The kind where you base your criticism on small sample sizes and your observations and call them “simple statements of fact as you see them”, when they are nothing of the sort. What you just described is actually an opinion (and not fact) :laugh:

I prefer to give a player some time before I start making long term generalizations. This conversation began because you took exception to a projected D lineup for a couple of years down the road, and based your argument on a premise that was false (Lauzon had much better offensive production in Junior).

It’s kind of funny that you say I’m overly sensitive, but at the same time say I’m “having a seizure” when I correct something you said that was just wrong.

Also, I’m still trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about with Lauzon being injured? What did you do, look at the games played, see the difference, and just assume that Lauzon missed time due to an injury? Seems about right.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don’t mind constructive criticism in the slightest, but I do mind the type of criticism you often seem to bring. The kind where you base your criticism on small sample sizes and your observations and call them “simple statements of fact as you see them”, when they are nothing of the sort. What you just described is actually an opinion (and not fact) :laugh:

I prefer to give a player some time before I start making long term generalizations. This conversation began because you took exception to a projected D lineup for a couple of years down the road, and based your argument on a premise that was false (Lauzon had much better offensive production in Junior).

It’s kind of funny that you say I’m overly sensitive, but at the same time say I’m “having a seizure” when I correct something you said that was just wrong.

Also, I’m still trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about with Lauzon being injured? What did you do, look at the games played, see the difference, and just assume that Lauzon missed time due to an injury? Seems about right.

I'm not going to back and forth with you on this forever , I've said all I'm going to say on this. To think, all I did was say that I thought Lauzon was ahead of Zboril and as usual with you a simple statement becomes an endless debate.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Crazy idea but I'd like to see Kuraly get a shot between Marchand and Pasta. He's a great forechecker and if he can get those two the puck, they can make magic happen.

Then Krejci, JFK and Cave as the other centers.

I'd love to see Frederic but I think he's still out.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
With Bergeron out 4+ weeks who are our center candidates?

Krejci

Backes
Nordstrom
Kuraly
Cave
Frederic
JFK

I guess that's about it. It'd be nice to make a move to get Namestnikov.

Backes and Kuraly should not be above the 4th line. Nordstrom is a 3. JFK seems to be a 3 also. Never seen Cave or Frederic play.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Crazy idea but I'd like to see Kuraly get a shot between Marchand and Pasta. He's a great forechecker and if he can get those two the puck, they can make magic happen.

Then Krejci, JFK and Cave as the other centers.

I'd love to see Frederic but I think he's still out.

I consider myself a pretty big Kuraly fan but he's severely limited in the offensive zone. No instincts IMO and a poor puck handler. I'd honestly feel more comfortable with anyone else on that list. But crazier things have happened.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I went Saturday to Providence with the Pocket Rocket and ironically we were watching Cave and wondering how is he not in the NHL?

I’m really not sure where in his gang he is weak.

He’s so damn good in the AHL I was more impressed by him then Kovar

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what settles in as the long-term forward group without Bergeron. Nash was nice last year because he was a reliable option to put between Pasta and Marchand, but JFK, Backes and even Kuraly (God, I hope they don't try this) definitely aren't reliable.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I went Saturday to Providence with the Pocket Rocket and ironically we were watching Cave and wondering how is he not in the NHL?

I’m really not sure where in his gang he is weak.

He’s so damn good in the AHL I was more impressed by him then Kovar

Completely agree

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I only have an extremely limited view of Providence, but Cave looked really good in the game I was at. Obviously, his numbers seem to support the idea that he's played well this year. It seemed like he was near-automatic at the dot, too.

Hopefully one of these internal options works out before they need to go out and make a panic trade

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Got to think they sign Kovar from his tryout and give him a shot. He’s played well in Providence I think

Jump all over this. You get a prime look at Kovar to see how he would handle the NHL game on the main stage. If he does well, you just solved your 3rd line center spot. If they don't sign Kovar, then I don't expect him to stick around here much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad