Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Not a proposal—this is the rotation the Bruins website is projecting for the Dallas game:

Torey Krug - Connor Clifton
Jeremy Lauzon - Matt Grzelcyk
Jakub Zboril - Steven Kampfer

Holy hell that's gonna be an adventure. Can't spell "defense" without Cli"f"ton, though.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Not a proposal—this is the rotation the Bruins website is projecting for the Dallas game:

Torey Krug - Connor Clifton
Jeremy Lauzon - Matt Grzelcyk
Jakub Zboril - Steven Kampfer

that group should be able to move the puck pretty damn well. how well they defend and PK is another story.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Marchand - Bergy - Donato
Debrusk - JFK - Pasta
Hienen - Krejci - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Cave

Lauzon - Gryz
Clifton - Krug
Zboril - Kampfer

1. Hate to move Pasta but we need to share his production temporarily
  2. I realize JFK isn’t ready to be a second line center but he could find his game quickly playing with Pasta and we could use Krejci on the 3rd to get Bjork the puck
  3. Krejci could help Bjork and Hienen produce more and is losing a little bit of his speed. Although he’s not physical really at all.
  4. Bring up Cave he can bring more grind to that line. Backes can’t keep up anymore. Wagner should be in the AHL. Accairi and Bsckes could fill in for Wagner.
* Hopefully trade for a legitimate 2nd line center

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Marchand - Bergy - Donato
Debrusk - JFK - Pasta
Hienen - Krejci - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Cave

Lauzon - Gryz
Clifton - Krug
Zboril - Kampfer

1. r

Nords to the 4th? JFK moves up why? Krejci down why? Cave at wing? Donato called up and moved to first line why?

Nothing in this made any sense...sorry i know it's your opinion. But I can't see any of this ever happening in the near future.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Thinkin about what the D could look like a couple years down the line.

Lauzon-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Zboril/Vaak-Clifton

We should be set on the blueline for the next decade. I'd draft exclusively centers from here on out :laugh:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Why do you have Zboril ahead of Lauzon when he has appeared miles behind in his development.

Just to have each pairing have one defenseman with more offense to his game. In addition, in the long run, who knows which of Zboril and Lauzon will be better.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just to have each pairing have one defenseman with more offense to his game. In addition, in the long run, who knows which of Zboril and Lauzon will be better.

We have no way of knowing how it all turns out down the road. Neither has shown much offense on the pro level but Lauzon had better numbers in Junior.

Right now Lauzon looks comfortable playing in the NHL while Zboril looks a little lost.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
We have no way of knowing how it all turns out down the road. Neither has shown much offense on the pro level but Lauzon had better numbers in Junior.

Right now Lauzon looks comfortable playing in the NHL while Zboril looks a little lost.

yes...but one can see some offensive upside from Zboril vs stay at home mentality by Lauzon

Zboril has made better 1st passes out of the zone and better passes/plays from the point

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Its been fun watching a glimpse of the future the last 2 games (all of these young Ds)

Clearly some inexperience is there but also saw an abundance of youthful energy (endurance)

I'm jumping the gun but by next season, you can't bury all of these young guys down at providence. Yet Bruins have monies tied to many of the vets....so something has to give

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Its been fun watching a glimpse of the future the last 2 games (all of these young Ds)

Clearly some inexperience is there but also saw an abundance of youthful energy (endurance)

I'm jumping the gun but by next season, you can't bury all of these young guys down at providence. Yet Bruins have monies tied to many of the vets....so something has to give

Who do you move? Rask? Backes (not going to happen) Krejci(perhaps?) Chara does come off books but bruins need him as Chara needs bruins?

Out of that list need to make Backes hit robidas island. I hate to see this however with Halak and some talented your goalie prospects in the pipeline perhaps it's time to trade Rask.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Lauzon didn’t have better numbers in Junior. In fact, the two had identical point per game numbers (it was super hard to look this up instead of making an off the cuff comment and passing it off as fact).

Zboril: 144gp, 28g/66a, 94 pts (.65 ppg)

Lauzon: 200gp, 35g/95a, 130 pts (.65 ppg)

Lauzon looked a little tentative and “lost” the first couple of games he played also, trying not to make mistakes. Then he settled in and started being more assertive. It takes time to adjust to the higher level of play. I hope to see that from Zboril as well, as he gains experience.

Zboril is not as big as Lauzon, but he’s a better skater and had more of a mean streak than Lauzon. There’s room for both of them on the B’s blue line in the future and I hope we see them there.

Reactions: HustleB and Estlin

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Who do you move? Rask? Backes (not going to happen) Krejci(perhaps?) Chara does come off books but bruins need him as Chara needs bruins?

Out of that list need to make Backes hit robidas island. I hate to see this however with Halak and some talented your goalie prospects in the pipeline perhaps it's time to trade Rask.
After July 1st when backers gets his bonus his salary for the next two years is 4 mill and becomes much easier to move. There is always low budget teams that will take these contracts but it might cost you asset but considering how much dept there is in the form of prospects it might be better to do it that way and be done with it than a buyout that still counts on the cap

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Lauzon didn’t have better numbers in Junior. In fact, the two had identical point per game numbers (it was super hard to look this up instead of making an off the cuff comment and passing it off as fact).

Zboril: 144gp, 28g/66a, 94 pts (.65 ppg)

Lauzon: 200gp, 35g/95a, 130 pts (.65 ppg)

Lauzon looked a little tentative and “lost” the first couple of games he played also, trying not to make mistakes. Then he settled in and started being more assertive. It takes time to adjust to the higher level of play. I hope to see that from Zboril as well, as he gains experience.

Zboril is not as big as Lauzon, but he’s a better skater and had more of a mean streak than Lauzon. There’s room for both of them on the B’s blue line in the future and I hope we see them there.

Well I'm not as anal about every statement a poster makes. The point remains the poster I was responding to was suggesting that Zboril was a better offensive player for which there is nothing supporting that statement. Also ,Lauzon had one season where he was better than PPG which Zboril never did. From what I've seen so far Lauzon is simply a smarter player.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well I'm not as anal about every statement a poster makes. The point remains the poster I was responding to was suggesting that Zboril was a better offensive player for which there is nothing supporting that statement. Also ,Lauzon had one season where he was better than PPG which Zboril never did. From what I've seen so far Lauzon is simply a smarter player.

I’m not “anal” either, but I also try to be accurate when I pass something off as fact. Maybe that’s not a big concern for you? :laugh:

I think it’s a little too early to be “classifying” the two of them as certain “types” based on 8 games for Lauzon and 2 games for Zboril.

Perhaps the other poster referred to Zboril as the better offensive defenseman because as a pro (which would seem to be more applicable than 3-4 years ago in Junior), he has been more productive than Lauzon?

Zboril: 81gp, 6g/17a, .28 ppg

Lauzon: 60gp, 2g/9a, .18 ppg

Reactions: HustleB

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Halak has always been a hot and cold goalie. Counting on him to be the one and only would be a gigantic mistake.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Chara dependency has to end eventually

His recent injury is not going to be easy to recover especially at his age...moving forward it only becomes harder with any injury incurred

Backes, Rask, Krug, Miller and even Moore could be traded for help up front. Bruins strength right now is backend depth and weak on the offensive end (currently and in the system)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I’m not “anal” either, but I also try to be accurate when I pass something off as fact. Maybe that’s not a big concern for you? :laugh:

I think it’s a little too early to be “classifying” the two of them as certain “types” based on 8 games for Lauzon and 2 games for Zboril.

Perhaps the other poster referred to Zboril as the better offensive defenseman because as a pro (which would seem to be more applicable than 3-4 years ago in Junior), he has been more productive than Lauzon?

Zboril: 81gp, 6g/17a, .28 ppg

Lauzon: 60gp, 2g/9a, .18 ppg

What you want to see out of prospects is progress. Lauzon has shown he has progressed over last year considerably while Zboril's progression seems stagnant.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cassidy stated today that Miller should be good for Wednesday

and one of Clifton or Zboril will be out

Not a fan of this...they should sit Kampfer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
What you want to see out of prospects is progress. Lauzon has shown he has progressed over last year considerably while Zboril's progression seems stagnant.

This is based on what? Lauzon looked tentative his first few games and then settled in. Zboril is still in the first few games stage of his NHL development.

According to Mark Divver (who is very good), and who covers the team, he thought Zboril should have been called up before Lauzon, based on their AHL play this year. You may be forgetting that Zboril suffered a concussion in China after the high/late hit by Hathaway and may not even be 100% back yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad