Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Well I think I made myself clear and if I got 1 vs 2 backwards then say that but don't avoid the point, which is, raw point totals don't always mean being an impact player. Krecji is a guy who owes his position to politics of the team, management, and his over paid salary.
Let's do a thought experiment and end this line of disagreement: What is Krejci worth on the trade market...TODAY? What could the Bruins hope to get back in return?

Would they even get a 4th round pick for him at his production level and with his salary hit? (Sound of microphone dropping)
Yes they would absolutely get a 4th round pick.

That was a pretty terribly excuse for a “mic drop” statement

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Yes they would absolutely get a 4th round pick.

That was a pretty terribly excuse for a “mic drop” statement

So, then, Krecji should center a 4th line. See, that wasn't that hard. But, let's see that trade 1st. My guess is they would get a 4th rounder and have to eat 3.5 mil per year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So, then, Krecji should center a 4th line. See, that wasn't that hard. But, let's see that trade 1st. My guess is they would get a 4th rounder and have to eat 3.5 mil per year.

Can yous top trolling on this level. One surely does not actually think Krejci is a 4th line center or that you'd have to eat so much just to get a 4th round pick for a capable #2 centerman.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Can yous top trolling on this level. One surely does not actually think Krejci is a 4th line center or that you'd have to eat so much just to get a 4th round pick for a capable #2 centerman.

What do you mean "trolling?" Am I not on the right thread?

The Blackhawks broke up Toews and Kane and won 3 Stanley cups but calling for a breaking up the Bruins top line and sending a 7.5 million dollar buyout candidate down to the 4rth line is "trolling."
My spelling may suffer from impatience and laziness but your poor reasoning has no excuse at all.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

The Blackhawks broke up Toews and Kane and won 3 Stanley cups but calling for a breaking up the Bruins top line and sending a 7.5 million dollar buyout candidate down to the 4rth line is "trolling."
My spelling may suffer from impatience and laziness but your poor reasoning has no excuse at all.

So sending a career 0.75 PPG player and a player that is currently on pace for 18G/55A/73Points this season to the 4th line makes sense? And buying him out makes even more sense? :laugh:

#Troll

Reactions: Tampbear

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins need more defensive help from Providence, and other thoughts - The Boston Globe

■ According to coach Bruce Cassidy, the Bruins will summon a defenseman from AHL Providence prior to facing the Flyers Thursday night at the Garden. When asked for candidates, Cassidy first named 28-year-old Cody Goloubef, a righthanded stick with 129 games of NHL experience.

Goloubef, ex- of the University of Wisconsin, signed with the Bruins in July as a free agent. His line in five games with Providence: 1-1—2.

The Bruins lost yet another defenseman Tuesday when rookie Urho Vaakanainen was decked by a dirty hit to the head by Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki early in the first period. Felled and dazed by the flying elbow, Vaakanainen returned to the bench to have a couple of facial lacerations repaired, but called it quits after a total of eight shifts and 5:46 of ice time. He was concussed and won’t be eligible to return until next week at the earliest.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
To me no one has played better then Nordstrom in the 3rd line center spot. He is skilled and fast enough, also a good PKer, reminds of Riley Nash, one of our better pickups.

Reactions: veganbruin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Why are these lines are better than what we have now?

Marchand- Bergeron- Donato Ice time: 20-22 min PP 50%+

Debrusk- Norstrum- Pastrnak ........... " " PP 25%+

Wagner- Kuraly- Bjork ............... " " PP 25%+

Heinen- Krejci- Acciari (Backes) 10:00 (Plug and play PP opportunities.)

The Bruins are one dimensional and that has to end. The youth on this team is the future and its time for them to play and learn from better linemates.
Donato has a wrist shot like Marchand and I believe can play well on that line and may even thrive. He's the future.
Bergeron's 33 and Marchand 30 tick tock, tick tock.

If Debrusk can put up the numbers he did last year with grampa Krejci then how well do you think this kid can get with Pasternak on his other wing? Norstrom has experience and has already shown his effectiveness and would fit nicely between them.

Wagner Kuraly Bjork line is already showing good chemistry and I see nothing but upside with that line.

As for the 4th line (Heinen Krejci Acciari (Backes)), well that where they have played themselves. It's not my choice but that's what cards this team has to work with. The senior citizen line,-Heinen, has become nothing but smoke and mirrors but could prove they deserve more time when they start producing.

Give those line combinations 10 or 15 games and I'll bet cash you'll see a totally different and more effective offensive game. We don't need trades we need
innovation!

Bigger text doesn't make your ideas any less dog shit.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Hmm I seem to remember some dingus thinking trying Nordström at 3rd line center was worth a shot, and that maybe there was more upside there.

Did anyone think Riley Nash was anything more than a 4th liner when the Bruins brought him in?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hmm I seem to remember some dingus thinking trying Nordström at 3rd line center was worth a shot, and that maybe there was more upside there.

Did anyone think Riley Nash was anything more than a 4th liner when the Bruins brought him in?

No I didn’t. He wasn’t anything more than a 4th liner in his first season but obviously had a great year last season as a 3rd line center. Maybe bruins catch lighting in a bottle twice with former Canes.

Reactions: veganbruin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Columbus fans sure seem to think he is a 4th liner. Seems like we got lucky with him last year.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins need more defensive help from Providence, and other thoughts - The Boston Globe

■ According to coach Bruce Cassidy, the Bruins will summon a defenseman from AHL Providence prior to facing the Flyers Thursday night at the Garden. When asked for candidates, Cassidy first named 28-year-old Cody Goloubef, a righthanded stick with 129 games of NHL experience.

Goloubef, ex- of the University of Wisconsin, signed with the Bruins in July as a free agent. His line in five games with Providence: 1-1—2.

The Bruins lost yet another defenseman Tuesday when rookie Urho Vaakanainen was decked by a dirty hit to the head by Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki early in the first period. Felled and dazed by the flying elbow, Vaakanainen returned to the bench to have a couple of facial lacerations repaired, but called it quits after a total of eight shifts and 5:46 of ice time. He was concussed and won’t be eligible to return until next week at the earliest.

Its disturbing the younger kids drafted 3 years ago can not get called up and get a taste.Especially Zboril drafted with a high 1st round pick when others in drafts after him around the league are playing. Lets see him play a game.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I hate that they have two 4th lines right now. Bottom-6 is still not good enough against better teams.

Reactions: Estlin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Doakacola that you ?

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus fans sure seem to think he is a 4th liner. Seems like we got lucky with him last year.

Since he lasted played with Marchand and Pastrnak during that big win in Dallas last year, Riley Nash has posted just two assists and zero goals in the 21 games since.

That's barely 4th line numbers. At least I assume he can still defend half-decent.

What a mistake it would of been for the Bruins to have extended him. It was always clear to me he's simply a pretty limited hockey player.

Reactions: HustleB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Was bmwmc101 also Doakacola?
We had a few talk down I know better then you members here before - sounds familiar

It’s entertaining though - where else can you get Nostradamus centering the second line and Krejci traded for a 4th all while dropping the mic

Whatever dropping the mic means

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I have liked Nordstrom's game this year, but I hope he can seriously improve off his 11.1 FOW% .... It is off an extremely small sample size; 9 FO's. He needs to be better than 1/9 at the dot.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad