2018-2019 Laval Rocket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does that mean Addison will be playing?

His situation is odd. Because the last trip, he didn't travel with the team. He stayed behind. Doucet (who travels with the team as a brodcaster) said that according to his info, it's not because of injury.

So I have no idea where Addison stands right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They have to start scoring, at least the PP finally got going, it's been the worst or just about the worst in the league. aside from that SH miscue by Lindgren I thought he was the best player for Laval, although I didn't see the 3rd goal. Laval has the best PK in the league.

Evans looked good, Fleury had some ups and downs. Vejdemo got rocked but bounced right back up. They weren't very crisp in their passing. Really thought they had them until that SH goal. Even 5 on 3 their PP looks bad but their's not much offense from that blueline.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Trading Taormina might turn out to be a big mistake. His PP acumen hasn't been replaced at all.

Redmond looks like he's going to win AHL defensemen of the year if it keeps it up. He's been on fire to start the season. (I had the game on the home audio so I heard a lot about his play this year, my French isn't great so easier to listen to the English audio)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Redmond looks like he's going to win AHL defensemen of the year if it keeps it up. He's been on fire to start the season. (I had the game on the home audio so I heard a lot about his play this year, my French isn't great so easier to listen to the English audio)
Do you think Fleury should get a try on the first PP unit ? I think it's worth a look-see.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I thought I saw him there with Kulak tonight but wasn't really paying attention to the pairings.
He was mostly seeing time on the second unit. A rookie isn't the best option in any case, we really should have had a vet in that role that can get the job done.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maine lost 5-2 to Manchester Monarchs

- Ryan Culkin with an assist on Maine's second goal. He now has 5 pts (1G, 4A) in 7 GP. He also had 4 PIM for a double-minor for Roughing. He also had 3 SOG and was -1.

- Morgan Adams-Moisan had 5 PIM for Fighting and had 2 SOG.

- Antoine Waked with zeroes across the board but was -3.

- Michael Pezzetta 1 SOG and was -1.

Norfolk Admirals beat the South Carolina Stingrays 5-3

- TJ Melancon with 1 goal (his 3rd of the season), had 2 SOG, and was +1.

Brampton Beast beat Newfoundland Growlers 3-2

This isn't a case of Habs following their affiliation with Brampton. But after sending Étienne Marcoux to the ECHL, his team the Indy Fuel traded his rights to Brampton Beast.

Last night was his first game of the season and posted a .923 SV%. He was named the game's 1st Star.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
they look night and day to last years team. So much more structured. Usually they are the best team on the ice by a good bit but just can't score and their PP is useless.

2 for 12 on the powerplay wont cut it. Did they at least park Mccarron in front of the crease on some of the powerplays?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
2 for 12 on the powerplay wont cut it. Did they at least park Mccarron in front of the crease on some of the powerplays?

No. Although the first PP goal by Kulak, Froese was passing by the front of the net. It was perfectly timed to screen the goalie during the shot.

The issue I see on their PP is that they're not moving around a lot. It was even more evident during their 5-on-3 PP for about 1 minute and a half. They were just standing around passing it to each other. All Rochester had to do was basically cover the the middle of their zone and let Wedgewood make the saves.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
No. Although the first PP goal by Kulak, Froese was passing by the front of the net. It was perfectly timed to screen the goalie during the shot.

The issue I see on their PP is that they're not moving around a lot. It was even more evident during their 5-on-3 PP for about 1 minute and a half. They were just standing around passing it to each other. All Rochester had to do was basically cover the the middle of their zone and let Wedgewood make the saves.

I still don't understand why they don't try Mac in front of the crease and shoot wristers for deflections. CJ use to put Chara in front of the net on the Boston powerplay and goalies had no clue where the puck was coming from. The goalie can't stop what he can't see so losing track of the puck a few times with a big screen in front gets him guessing where the puck is and that leads to better scoring chances.

At least have that as an option on the powerplay if your #1 is not working right. 12 powerplays and you can't run one set play on the PP with a 6 6" forward setting up screens?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

yea I noticed that too, too much standing around. But I wonder if they have the puck movers, I know Fleury has a big shot and can move the puck so maybe they give him more time. When SCSU had their 5 on 3 they put Poehling on the point, maybe they need to put Froese back there. Or if they opt to send Scherbak down and he clears, which I don't think he would but he would help the PP a ton.

At least the next game is when the Habs don't play, much better when they don't play at the same time.

Laval is 5 for 43 so far this year, just 11.6% which ranks 29th out of 31.

The PK is sick though, they gave up 3 PP goals in 40 trys. 92.5%, 2nd in the league by a decent amount.

Although it's only 9 games into the season, new coach, new system so likely taking some time. Overall they have been really good for the most part just the PP is terrible and they need to score more. 23 goals in 9 games is so bad.

But at least Lindgren played well, he was facing the highest scoring team in the AHL.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
How good are we expecting them to be? We don't exactly have a crazy roster do we? I mean they should be better than what they've shown.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How good are we expecting them to be? We don't exactly have a crazy roster do we? I mean they should be better than what they've shown.

a playoff team, which I think they will be. They have looked the part other then struggling to convert chances and the blueline is a concern. When you have Kulak - Lernout or Larmarche as your top pairing that's not ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad