Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DqM32RjXQAcmffk.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Plant making his debut.

I also think it's the first time during the regular season Jevpalovs is put with Vejdemo. The two of them were good together in the two preseason games.

Also, Alain not on McCarron's line, but with Vejdemo. Grenier put with McCarron and Audette.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Marlies were for the most part the better team. Laval had some chances. But this was Toronto's period.

Laval with a better effort in the second. In the third now, Toronto just made it 1-0. A little less than 14 minutes left.

Cale Fleury with his 1st career goal to tie the game with a little less than 4 minutes. Kid is on fire.

End of regulation. Laval get the one point. Toronto were better in the first, but Laval was the better team the rest of the way. But this was a real good game. 3-on-3 OT is best way to settle this.

Toronto takes it in OT. And it had to be Cracknell who scores the game winner.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I so wanted to punch that camera guy or whoever is in charge of switching the views. I had to submit a ticket to get them to fix it to start the game since they had it on 8 cameras at one time and then they kept staying too long on the full ice camera so it looked like red dots and white dots when they were at the other end of the ice. In OT I would have been so pissed if they scored there while it was still on the long view. For 60 bucks you can't beat it but I've had a few technical problems so far.

Good game by Lindgren, Fleury, I thought Evans played well. I was flipping back and forth at times with the Habs so I missed some of both but I thought this game was so good I just stopped watching the Habs. Laval has been so much fun to watch so far. Getting a little concerned about how much they struggle to convert their chances although not an excuse but the puck did seem to be bouncing a good bit but thought their passes needed to be a little more crisp.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Plant making his debut.

I also think it's the first time during the regular season Jevpalovs is put with Vejdemo. The two of them were good together in the two preseason games.

Also, Alain not on McCarron's line, but with Vejdemo. Grenier put with McCarron and Audette.

Do you know why Shinkaruk was bumped down to the 4th line?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I so wanted to punch that camera guy or whoever is in charge of switching the views. I had to submit a ticket to get them to fix it to start the game since they had it on 8 cameras at one time and then they kept staying too long on the full ice camera so it looked like red dots and white dots when they were at the other end of the ice. In OT I would have been so pissed if they scored there while it was still on the long view. For 60 bucks you can't beat it but I've had a few technical problems so far.

Good game by Lindgren, Fleury, I thought Evans played well. I was flipping back and forth at times with the Habs so I missed some of both but I thought this game was so good I just stopped watching the Habs. Laval has been so much fun to watch so far. Getting a little concerned about how much they struggle to convert their chances although not an excuse but the puck did seem to be bouncing a good bit but thought their passes needed to be a little more crisp.

Yea. The one in charge of picking the camera was probably on his phone most of the game or something. The start of the game was frustrating. We got 6 camera angles being shown at the same time. And the OT was the most frustrating.

It definitely was a good game. I had this one on my laptop and the Habs on my TV. And there were times I had a tough time deciding which game to focus on.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who would you guys rank as the top NHL prospects on the Rockets roster?

Excluding vets, I would say the best looking prospects so far this season are:

- McCarron: although he may never be much in NHL, his improved skating does show in the AHL. He's off to a real good start to the year.

- Fleury: he's looking like the best among the prospects right now. You couldn't tell that he's still a teenager and a rookie.

- Evans: he's looking more comfortable with each passing game. He's still got things to work on like skating and strength. But his IQ makes up for that.

Vejdemo: kids got wheels. Kids got jam. He's had some plays he got me off my seat. Also a smart player. Doesn't rush plays.

Lindgren: good start. Win or loss, he looks more like the goalie from two seasons ago (where he was an AHL All-Star) than the one from last year. It does help that Laval is better defensively.

Lernout: nothing to write home about. But he's not hurting the team either.

Audette hasn't been that good. He's been better the last two games since being put with McCarron after being a healthy scratch for one game.

Addison unfortunately has yet to play a game. I hope they send him to the ECHL to get some playing time because from what I read, he's not injured.

Addison and Verbeek are the two extra forwards. Verbeek got one game when Audette got scratched and I liked what Verbeek offered. Energy and speed. Hopefully they don't stew there too long.

I feel like despite not having an official affiliation with an ECHL team, Montreal is using that league more in sending 7 players there.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think Fleury is the only guy on the roster who's going to be much of anything in the NHL to be honest.

That's what I'm thinking too. Lindgren and McNiven though as well. Hopefully they can show some serious progression. I'm still holding out for McCarron but he really needs to dominate. I think Evans can be an NHLer but I don't know about how much of one. I've never been high on him but I haven't watched enough for my take to be taken seriously. Hoping Vejdemo can show more.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking too. Lindgren and McNiven though as well. Hopefully they can show some serious progression. I'm still holding out for McCarron but he really needs to dominate. I think Evans can be an NHLer but I don't know about how much of one. I've never been high on him but I haven't watched enough for my take to be taken seriously. Hoping Vejdemo can show more.

Fleury (D), Lindgren (G), Kulak (D), Olofsson (D) and McCarron (F) . The rest are AHLers for life IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad