2018-2019 Laval Rocket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would have kept Verbeek in the lineup, Audette did have his best game of the season. I would consider sitting Jevpalovs he hasn't done much. I thought Vejdemo was quite today. McCarron wasn't as noticeable as yesterday. They really need someone to start putting a few pucks in the net. I thought it might be Belzile, he's had some good chances.

I agree. I think Audette deserves to stay for next game. And I think Verbeek deserves to be brought back in. And Jevpalovs is someone I would sit out, as well.

Bouchard said in regards to Audette, when you challenge a player, you need to give them the chance to respond to the challenge. And he said Audette answered the challenge with his best game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They seem to be loosing a lot.

they have been really impressive so far but my main concern is the blueline. Kulak has been good but when him and Lamarche are your top pairing that's not a great sign. They should be a playoff team but just think they need a little more offensive punch from the blueline.

I agree. I think Audette deserves to stay for next game. And I think Verbeek deserves to be brought back in. And Jevpalovs is someone I would sit out, as well.

Bouchard said in regards to Audette, when you challenge a player, you need to give them the chance to respond to the challenge. And he said Audette answered the challenge with his best game.

Bouchard is so night and day from Lefebvre it's not even funny.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So....where are we nowadays as far as the INSANE depth in the goalie department.....Thank god we still have hope for Primeau 'cause Lindgren and McNiven right now do not look like they can upgrade their game lately.

Reactions: WinterLion

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
So....where are we nowadays as far as the INSANE depth in the goalie department.....Thank god we still have hope for Primeau 'cause Lindgren and McNiven right now do not look like they can upgrade their game lately.

In hindsight, trading Hawkey was not such a good idea.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

just wondering if you have been watching the games or not?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maine won their first game of the year. It was the Battle of the Expansion Teams: Maine vs. Newfoundland. Maine won 4-2. Culkin with an assist on the fourth goal (ENG).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Martineau had his first goal of the season yesterday in a 5-3 loss to Kalamazoo.

Also, T.J. Melancon had an assist in a 6-1 Norfolk loss to Florida.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Stop wondering. Yes I did. You are satisfied with the goaltending? I've been there to Laval twice already as well.

well it's only been 2 games for McNiven so way too small a sample size but so far he looks much better then last year.

Lindgren has been better then last year so far. The problem has been Laval has mostly dominated games and given up so few shots but the goalies aren't making that one key save. The series they just had vs Borgstrom's team they just got out goalied but it's so early in the year and Laval is rolling 3 rookies a night on the blueline. When Kulak - Lamarche is your top pairing it's not great to see.

I expect the goalies to be fine, the team should do really well this year overall.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Rocket had their chances Saturday, but what I noticed even more than the score was Springfield's superior centers, in particular, that Borgstrom kid. Springfield had more controlled zone entries and much better puck movement than Laval, whose setups were slower and predictable. Looked like a difference of talent rather than coaching.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Rocket had their chances Saturday, but what I noticed even more than the score was Springfield's superior centers, in particular, that Borgstrom kid. Springfield had more controlled zone entries and much better puck movement than Laval, whose setups were slower and predictable. Looked like a difference of talent rather than coaching.

been saying Borgstrom is a beast, thought he was very impressive that series but so were the two teams as that was a lot of fun to watch.

My main concerns with Laval are the defense and they need to convert on their chances more but they should have enough fire power to do that. As long as the D holds up I expect them to be one of the better teams in the league.

How have the 2 Czech D looked so far?

I've liked Sklenicka a good bit, his physical game stands out more then anyone else on the team. He's not that big but he can throw some nice hits and he moves the puck well enough. Moravcik I think he's been a lot less noticeable.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good decision to send him there. Better off playing than sitting in the press box every game.

So now they have in the ECHL:

- T.J. Melancon (Norfolk Admirals)
- Phélix Martineau (Fort Wayne Komets)
- Étienne Marcoux (Indy Fuel)

And with the Maine Mariners: Ryan Culkin, Antoine Waked, Morgan Adams-Moisan & Michael Pezzetta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad