2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
May be wrong here but didn't the sens offer a 2nd for him last season and we rejected it? I wonder if we could get that return now.
No chance, I'd be surprised at third. I think it will be something like an AHL Vet and Fifth at this point. We won't get much value back, since he hasn't had a chance to play.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
No chance, I'd be surprised at third. I think it will be something like an AHL Vet and Fifth at this point. We won't get much value back, since he hasn't had a chance to play.

Im surprised teams havent come calling. We are so deep on that left side was pretty much forgone conclusion that he wouldnt play much.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We're killing his value. It's not a big deal for the moment, because Masin's not ready. If Masin takes a step forward though, we'll have no chance to get anything for Koekkoek if we don't figure out a way to get him onto the ice. In our offense, it's not unreasonable to think he'd pick up the odd point. I mean, Mark Barberio still has an NHL job. Dotchin, Sustr. We should be able to get SOMETHING for Koekkoek.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We're killing his value. It's not a big deal for the moment, because Masin's not ready. If Masin takes a step forward though, we'll have no chance to get anything for Koekkoek if we don't figure out a way to get him onto the ice. In our offense, it's not unreasonable to think he'd pick up the odd point. I mean, Mark Barberio still has an NHL job. Dotchin, Sustr. We should be able to get SOMETHING for Koekkoek.
I think at this point all we get for him is a 4th or a 3rd rounder

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe we just keep him in case there is an injury.

I think that's what's happening right now. But if he winds up the #6 next year, there could easily be some issues, given how infrequently he plays. It wouldn't surprise me to see us move him for a terrible pick at the draft, and then go looking for a cheap veteran, especially if we lose both Coburn and Girardi.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Ingram has really been playing well as of late and the call up is only going to help him progress. Seems like a likeable kid also.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why anyone is ecpexpect Ingram to get a start up here? He's up so that Pasquale gets game time and will start the back to backs for the Crunch this weekend. He hasn't played a game in over two weeks so needs a couple. Ingram has played the last 5. I expect Ingram to go back on Sunday and Pasquale might play one of the games on Monday or Tuesday. Ingram has been great in the A but I don't think we want to start him in the NHL yet.

Reactions: Hinterland

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Not sure why anyone is ecpexpect Ingram to get a start up here? He's up so that Pasquale gets game time and will start the back to backs for the Crunch this weekend. He hasn't played a game in over two weeks so needs a couple. Ingram has played the last 5. I expect Ingram to go back on Sunday and Pasquale might play one of the games on Monday or Tuesday. Ingram has been great in the A but I don't think we want to start him in the NHL yet.
So we're gonna play Domingue back to back? He's been playing nonstop since Vasi went down. I don't see us trusting Pasquale who has been sub .900 in AHL with an NHL start, especially after he will play back to backs over the weekend, lol.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
So we're gonna play Domingue back to back? He's been playing nonstop since Vasi went down. I don't see us trusting Pasquale who has been sub .900 in AHL with an NHL start, especially after he will play back to backs over the weekend, lol.
I think Ingram gets a couple games in

Hope he can get his first NHL win soon

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Small simple size and people watching the Crunch are saying that Pasquale played very well. He's a very veteran goalie and one of the best in the AHL. Playing Domingue back to back against such bad teams or playing a 21 year old with >50 pro games wouldn't be smart. Everything else but Pasquale returning for those games would surprise me. I'm with HoseEmDown here. Ingram is with the Bolts to reward him for his strong play and to give Pasquale the opportunity to play some games. Pasquale will be back and will play vs NJ or Detroit. My guess would be NJ since it's not a divisional game (really doesn't matter though).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

We might, depends on how the first game goes and the type of work he gets. Might be one where if he gives up a few early we go to Pasquale then back to Domingue the next night. Pasquale is sun .900 but Ingram was too until he went on this run of his. Pasquale was doing the same as he hasn't lost in regulation in 5 games. Pasquale had two rough outings early in the year but that was when the Crunch were struggling. He gave up 10 goals those two games, he's given up 10 the other five starts he's had. Pasquale isn't a potential backup down the line, those days are over for him, but he's more experienced to handle an NHL start. Ingram is on a great run but don't want to kill his confidence throwing him in over his head. He needs more time.

Reactions: JDBolt

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We might, depends on how the first game goes and the type of work he gets. Might be one where if he gives up a few early we go to Pasquale then back to Domingue the next night. Pasquale is sun .900 but Ingram was too until he went on this run of his. Pasquale was doing the same as he hasn't lost in regulation in 5 games. Pasquale had two rough outings early in the year but that was when the Crunch were struggling. He gave up 10 goals those two games, he's given up 10 the other five starts he's had. Pasquale isn't a potential backup down the line, those days are over for him, but he's more experienced to handle an NHL start. Ingram is on a great run but don't want to kill his confidence throwing him in over his head. He needs more time.

Calling Ingram up to get a start makes a hell of a lot more sense as the methodology behind the move.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Calling Ingram up to get a start makes a hell of a lot more sense as the methodology behind the move.

Not really. The kid has less than 50 games played as a pro and isn't a high end prospect. Sure you could throw him in there and maybe he stands on his head but he needs more time. Like I said earlier Pasquale hasn't played in 2 weeks, he needs some starts. They are a 1a/b tandem, neither is the clear cut #1 right now. Ingram still needs to take that spot in the AHL, the last two weeks he's starting to show that and he belongs down there continuing that development. Ideally he takes the #1 job the rest of the year and has a strong playoffs, then next season he gets his callup if we have an injury to show if he's backup material in the NHL. With Vasilevskey and Domingue signed for next year he doesn't need to get NHL starts to show what he has just yet. Let him dominate the AHL first.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
After games I usually go to the opponents sub forums to see what they thought of us. Besides rightful comments like “wow they’re stacked” or “so much talent” most of the time I see them complain how our team is interfering a lot, clutch-and-grab, Babcock level or even borderline dirty. I’m not sure we’re ‘dirtier’ than your average NHL team or getting away with more no-calls. Or is it my homer glasses that prevent me from an objective take on this? What y’all think?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
After games I usually go to the opponents sub forums to see what they thought of us. Besides rightful comments like “wow they’re stacked” or “so much talent” most of the time I see them complain how our team is interfering a lot, clutch-and-grab, Babcock level or even borderline dirty. I’m not sure we’re ‘dirtier’ than your average NHL team or getting away with more no-calls. Or is it my homer glasses that prevent me from an objective take on this? What y’all think?
The Sabres fans have the guts to call our team dirty after taking down two of our defensemen and jumping Paquette after the whistle because of a clean hit? Okay then.

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The Sabres fans have the guts to call our team dirty after taking down two of our defensemen and jumping Paquette after the whistle because of a clean hit? Okay then.
It’s not so much about the Sabres and more in general. It feels like every other game I see comments like above.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It’s not so much about the Sabres and more in general. It feels like every other game I see comments like above.
Devils say it a lot too. My response to them is the same to my response to the Devils - if you're so soft that you get physically dominated by the Lightning, you deserve everything that is coming your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad