2018-2019 Fantasy Hockey

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Cheat sheet of some guys who are in the NHL and fall under prospect eligibility:

Pettersson
Lajoie
Jokiharju
Heiskanen
Cholowski
A. Svechnikov
Dahlin
B. Tkachuk
Kotkaniemi
Valimaki
Mittelstadt
Rasmussen
Mete (oooo 49 games)
Comtois
Chytil

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Cheat sheet of some guys who are in the NHL and fall under prospect eligibility:

Pettersson
Lajoie
Jokiharju
Heiskanen
Cholowski
A. Svechnikov
Dahlin
B. Tkachuk
Kotkaniemi
Valimaki
Mittelstadt
Rasmussen
Mete (oooo 49 games)
Comtois
Chytil
These guys you can just stash and don't have to play? what if they become eligible during the season? you have to play them then?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
These guys you can just stash and don't have to play? what if they become eligible during the season? you have to play them then?

I'm not really sure how Yahoo works, haven't used it in years.

But I put 1 "N/A" spot on the roster where I think you can stash players. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. My thinking is, make it a priority to own at least 2 prospects who are in the NHL or maybe like right on the bubble (Zadina, Hronek, Batherson, etc.) and then you can stash 1 guy who is for sure not in the NHL and he won't really hurt you in terms of carrying empty roster spots.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Is everyone good with last 3 drafts+ less than 50 games being the criteria for prospects?

So a prospect is someone that didn't get drafted and meets those criteria? Like I'm sure Petterson and Chabot will get drafted, but if Dahlin goes undrafted he can be selected afterwards as a propsect? And we'll hold a Prospects Entry Draft after the League Draft?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So a prospect is someone that didn't get drafted and meets those criteria? Like I'm sure Petterson and Chabot will get drafted, but if Dahlin goes undrafted he can be selected afterwards as a propsect? And we'll hold a Prospects Entry Draft after the League Draft?

They are game for the draft, unless anyone has strong objections

So say someone really wanted a strong group of 3, maybe they prioritize selecting Pettersson, Tkachuk, Cholowski in early rounds

say someone waits too long and all/ most of the guys who are regulars in the NHL are gone they end up with something like Evan Bouchard, Adam Boqvist, Ty Smith

They can stash one of those guys on N/A (I think? I don't know how Yahoo works fully) but would be carrying 2 guys on their roster who don't count towards their totals, would be a potential disadvantage, unless you wanted to be a rebuilding squad right out of the gate, in which case maybe you would rather not have guys playing just yet.

If a team waits late enough and doesn't have 3 by the time the draft ends, we would expect them to do some searching around in the FA pool until they had the appriopriate amount of 3.

In my league that we enforce this rule, there are also 12 teams and each team must have at least 5. On ESPN, there are enough for each team to comfortably have 6 or 7 (I am rebuilding in that league and currently carry 9 prospects) so I don't foresee any issue with there being enough players.

To reiterate the prospect criteria -

Player must have been taken in the last 3 NHL drafts (or maybe they went undrafted and fall into that age range) so 2016, 2017, 2018 NHL entry drafts

Player must have played less than 50 NHL games at the start of the NHL season. For example, Victor Mete is as close to aged out as you can get (drafted in 2016, played 49 games prior to 2018-19 NHL season). You can also roll with a newbie like B Hayton for the Coyotes who just got drafted in 2018 and has no NHL games played. Up to you, and we will all monitor to make sure everyone has 3 eligible guys on roster.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I say do 3 NA spots. Yahoo will add the NA if they have a contract and are not in the NHL. If someone is currently a player in the NHL, they get drafted as one. Keep it simple like that. Plus there will be a ton of NA guys available after the draft. In one league i have them all filled cause i got the early run after the draft, and the other i have 2. Speaking of, I have to go find my NA goalie for the one league.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I say do 3 NA spots. Yahoo will add the NA if they have a contract and are not in the NHL. If someone is currently a player in the NHL, they get drafted as one. Keep it simple like that. Plus there will be a ton of NA guys available after the draft. In one league i have them all filled cause i got the early run after the draft, and the other i have 2. Speaking of, I have to go find my NA goalie for the one league.
I like this.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I have to get the kids down and we start our bedtime routine at 8pm, so I wouldn't be free until after 10pm (darn kids take a long time to get down)

same, but I start mine around 730 and she may or may not still be coming down the stairs at 9/930. How does the draft work? We all have to be logged in and we just plough through it or is it something we can pop in/out of, have X time to make our picks, and have to make them up if we miss?

Reactions: Sparty

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ok sounds good BinCookin

I just changed around a lot of scoring settings, let me know what you guys think

Tried to make top end goalies and top end skaters similar total scores from last season

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
@turkleton85 I think we are going to have to go for the 10:30 EST time as it suits the majority of the league so far

Do you still want to play? I'd recommend editing your pre-draft rankings

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
yeah, i'll edit my rankings. That means the cpu picks for me?

Yep if it is the same as EPSN it will run the 60 second clock for your first pick and take your highest ranked player and then from then on it will have you set on auto-draft and immediately pick your next ranked player so that the people who are live don't have to wait for the full minute every time.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
After the draft we will quickly scan the rosters to double check everyone has 3 prospect eligible guys, and if some teams are short they will have to prioritize adding them ASAP during the next couple of days

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
sorry for the double post. I'll join the draft live! so, 10.30 est? The site still says 7:30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad