2018-2019 Fantasy Hockey

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
@Perfect Human

I threw some scoring and roster settings up that I think are a blender between our 2 experiences, let me know what you think

Anyone think 3 prospect players is too much to carry? Keep in mind you could be carrying 3 guys who literally don't play in the NHL this season. 5 would be too much IMO and idk if yahoo's player universe has that many young prospects type guys in it

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Can’t draft at that time. I live in CO and will be going to the Avs-Caps game with my lady friend.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I play in a 14 and 16 team league and both have 5 NA spots and 5 IR/IR+ spots. Most guys only stash top flight prospects so it doesn't get filled up like in Baseball. We have ran into the issue of guys hoarding goalies in these leagues. Granted only one can start in the format, guys will have 3-4 starting goalies and then wants kings ransoms for them. Is this going to be redraft, X amount of keepers or full dynasty where you keep everyone? should be interesting to see if im awake for the draft or Might be getting off the ice @ 11pm. Just glad it wasn't on Monday night.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Draft time is flexible, it was just the first idea I had for a time when most guys might be available to spend an hour or two drafting

I could bump it to Sunday evening?

Re: Keepers v Dynasty

I like the idea of keeping something like 7 skaters + 3 prospects for a total of 10 players

Lets you retain enough that you can build your own core but still puts emphasis on drafting well and makes draft picks somewhat valuable in trades

Reactions: Perfect Human

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
can I suggest it be commish handled? maybe have a vote on it. from my experience some trades go through that are really not fair because the league doesn't veto them only because they aren't really paying attention.

I just set it to commissioner.

I'd still like feedback in our thread on here though, because I don't want to be an all powerful dictator.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I just set it to commissioner.

I'd still like feedback in our thread on here though, because I don't want to be an all powerful dictator.
its not that bad really. mostly common sense. Just don't over analyze a trade and you will be fine. most trades should be allowed unless its obvious someone is getting totally fleeced.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm fine with drafting any evening after like 10:30

If we're going to have prospects, how would you incorporate that into the draft or would we just draft them after we do the league draft? Or maybe just wait until after the year is over to draft prospects and have an entry draft of our own.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Also I'm just looking at numbers and it looks like your highest scoring skater (Hall) from last year is 8.45 ppg and your highest scoring goalie (Rinne) from last year is 14.77 ppg. Is there usually that big of a disparity or is it usually a more even? Maybe knock the goalie numbers down some to even it out a little?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
We can balance out scoring for sure

I'd say everyone do their homework for the draft and have a list of 5-10 prospect type guys you want and think will be on the board .

Is everyone good with last 3 drafts+ less than 50 games being the criteria for prospects?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
It looks like the draft time was changed to 1:30 AM EST. Was that intentional?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If any of you draft Larkin, its 5 across the eyes!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad