2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
So St-Cloud scores 12 goals in their last 2 games and Poehling only gets an apple? Starting to be a bit concerning no?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So St-Cloud scores 12 goals in their last 2 games and Poehling only gets an apple? Starting to be a bit concerning no?

That happens sometimes. I'm more non plussed that he hasn't progressed statistically very much this year. 3 years later and we're still wrestling with PPG? Oooookay.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Like carbonneau already said a l’antichambre. : if you arent able to score in junior league, forget it, in the nhl. Loll. Imo, of poehling only have 5 goals in U. He wont make 30 in the nhl. Imo, he is a futur centre third liner

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs Results from Last Night

125px-Quebec_Major_Junior_Hockey_League.svg.png

sherbrooke chicoutimi.png

- Samuel Houde with 4 assists / +3 / 47% FOW / Named 1st Star of the Game
(Season: 58 GP - 14G - 24A - 38 PTS)

mooseheads huskies.png

- Joël Teasdale with 3 assists / +4 / 2 SOG / 3 Hits / 17% FOW / Named 2nd Star of the Game
(Season: 60 GP - 39G - 36A - 75 PTS)

200px-OHL_Logo.svg.png

generals wolves.png

- Allan McShane with 0 pts / -2 / 3 SOG / 41% FOW
(Season: 56 GP - 29G - 31A - 60 PTS)

125px-Western_Hockey_League.svg.png

raiders warriors.png

- Josh Brook with 1 assist / +1 / 3 SOG / 2 PIM / Named 3rd Star of the Game
(Season: 52 GP - 15G - 51A - 66 PTS)

- Cole Fonstad with 0 pts / -1 / 33% FOW
(Season: 63 GP - 28G - 41A - 69 PTS)

cougars royals 2.png

- Scott Walford with 0 pts / +1 / 4 SOG
(Season: 60 GP - 9G - 38A - 47 PTS)

thunderbirds silvertips.png

- Jarret Tyszka with 0 pts / -1 / 3 SOG
(Season: 34 GP - 7G - 19A - 26 PTS)

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
220px-NCAA_Ice_Hockey.jpeg

Boston College vs. Northeastern.png

- Jordan Harris with 2 assists / +2 / 1 SOG
(Season: 33 GP - 1G - 10A - 11 PTS)

- Cayden Primeau with the win / 2 GA on 41 SOG / .953 SV%
(Season: 30 GP - 2.19 GAA - .929 SV%)

St. Cloud State vs. Western Michigan.png

- Ryan Poehling with 1 assist / +2 / 1 SOG / 54% FOW
(Season: 30GP - 7G - 21A - 28 PTS)

Michigan vs. Wisconsin.png

- Jack Gorniak with 2 assists / +2 / 3 SOG
(Season: 34GP - 4G - 10A - 14 PTS)

Reactions: Anathema

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
That happens sometimes. I'm more non plussed that he hasn't progressed statistically very much this year. 3 years later and we're still wrestling with PPG? Oooookay.

And his goal scoring numbers are still so low.

Like carbonneau already said a l’antichambre. : if you arent able to score in junior league, forget it, in the nhl. Loll. Imo, of poehling only have 5 goals in U. He wont make 30 in the nhl. Imo, he is a futur centre third liner

Just remember he's a junior at an age where a lot of guys in that league are freshmen.

On that note though, I wouldn't be opposed to Poehling playing his senior year at SCSU because I would like to see him blow up the league.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the win last night, Walford and Victoria Royals clinch the playoffs.

So right now, in the CHL Playoffs are:

- Houde with Chicoutimi
- Teasdale with Rouyn-Noranda
- McShane with Oshawa
- Suzuki & Hillis with Guelph
- Fonstad with Prince Albert
- Walford with Victoria

Only CHL prospects yet to clinch are Brook with Moose Jaw and Tyszka with Seattle.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
I haven't gone through all the game logs but it seems like this has happened more than a couple times this season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At this point he's set to match his goal production from his first season in the NCAA.. when he was draft eligible.. and there a year younger than most people can be. Half of what he scored last season. So yeah, outside of his WJC performance, it's not been great.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Wouldn't surprise me if Poehling busts. The team isn't good at drafting, but will hold on to him until he's only worth waivers.

He will not bust, I think he will be at least a 4th line Center. A thing do, If I can have a stud top 4 D and they ask him not sure I hang the phone

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
At this point he's set to match his goal production from his first season in the NCAA.. when he was draft eligible.. and there a year younger than most people can be. Half of what he scored last season. So yeah, outside of his WJC AND DEVELOPMENT CAMP SCRIMMAGE performance, it's not been great.

Fixed for accuracy.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He will not bust, I think we will be at least a 4th line Center. A thing do, If I can have a stud top 4 D and they ask him not sure I hang the phone

Given our need to pick up a good number of top end players through the draft, Poehling being a 3rd or 4th C is a bust.

I hated the Poehling pick initially as I saw him as the standard two way player with not much offensive ability, but that a Habs coach would live. Year after it looked like he had offense but back to the original concern

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Given our need to pick up a good number of top end players through the draft, Poehling being a 3rd or 4th C is a bust.

I hated the Poehling pick initially as I saw him as the standard two way player with not much offensive ability, but that a Habs coach would live. Year after it looked like he had offense but back to the original concern

He has more to work with than I thought but I'm still of the mind in the current NHL climate that he should slot in at 3C. So if that happens we better get a good return on Danault.

Reactions: yianik

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guelph-Storm.png

Guelph Storm are up 2-0 on Kitchener. Suzuki with assists on both goals. They're still in the 1st period.

Guelph-Storm.png

It's now 3-0 and Suzuki had an assist on that goal, as well. Now has 3 assists so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was watching Gorniak last night, have several of his games on dvr but just can't get around to watching them as it's just boring watching him play. That said what a huge come back win vs Michigan as they saved themselves from finishing last in the Big 10 and now will get an easier match up in the 1st round of the playoffs on Friday when they travel to Penn State, the highest scoring team but one that gives up a ton of goals. If they lose their season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad