2018-2019 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Given our need to pick up a good number of top end players through the draft, Poehling being a 3rd or 4th C is a bust.

I hated the Poehling pick initially as I saw him as the standard two way player with not much offensive ability, but that a Habs coach would live. Year after it looked like he had offense but back to the original concern
I disagree with this. A bust is someone who fails to meet the expectation of his pick. Poehling was picked 25th. If he plays 100 + NHL games he is not a bust.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
200px-OHL_Logo.svg.png

storm rangers.png

- Nick Suzuki with 6 pts (2G, 4A) / +4 / 10 SOG / 70% FOW / Named 1st Star of the Game
(Season: 53 GP - 32G - 54A - 86 PTS)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I disagree with this. A bust is someone who fails to meet the expectation of his pick. Poehling was picked 25th. If he plays 100 + NHL games he is not a bust.

100+ NHL games is pretty meaningless. Liam Reddox has 100 NHL games. Nigel Dawes has 200 NHL games. A bust is just not an NHL regular. Most players are busts.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good question! Galchenyuk & Gallagher? Before that... hmm Ribeiro & Choinard?

Galchenyuk Gallagher would be the last. If not for injury it could have been Subban and Maxwell, the year after he was drafted he was at a 1.36 ppg in the dub but played only 39 games. Was on pace for 94 pts that year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just watched Tyszka from 2-22 vs Everett. He had a 3 pt night, won the game in OT was 1st star. Could of had 4 or 5 pts as he had a few shots on goal but the OT winner was a nice top shelf shot. Still looks like he'll need some work in his own end but got to love the mobility, skating, speed and size. Clearly has the physical tools you want to go with some decent offensive tools. Very interested to see what they opt to do with him next year since injuries have cut down his development time but he also looks ready for Laval. It was my first time seeing him since last year, hope to see him in the playoffs at least once more. Have now seen every prospect play this year except Ikonen, stupid Liiga, why did you have to change your streams service?

I take these teams don't like each other very much, very chippy game with several big hits that were borderline to get kicked out of the game. The game was close to getting out of hand, would hate to see what would have happened if not tied for much of the time.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think back to back to back 40 goals seasons is out of reach at this point, but it would be insane if he could pull it off. Only 2 goals per game from here on out to get there. Well, that doesn't seem like so much.

The trip 40 goals would be nice aesthetically for sure, but,
'16-17' - 1.48 PPG
'17-18' - 1.56 PPG
'18-19' - 1.62 PPG on 2 teams, while "supposedly" not focusing on scoring as much and trying to focus on his all around game
I also do hope he somehow makes it to 40 goals again lol, but at least he's still scoring at all

Decent progression, hope he can produce at least 0.80 PPG clip in the AHL

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
100+ NHL games is pretty meaningless. Liam Reddox has 100 NHL games. Nigel Dawes has 200 NHL games. A bust is just not an NHL regular. Most players are busts.
We'll have to agree to disagree. To me you're taking a lot for granted if you are not valuing how hard it is to play in the NHL, and how many players never make it. Dawes and Reddox were not busts - they were the opposite - they were successes.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
The trip 40 goals would be nice aesthetically for sure, but,
'16-17' - 1.48 PPG
'17-18' - 1.56 PPG
'18-19' - 1.62 PPG on 2 teams, while "supposedly" not focusing on scoring as much and trying to focus on his all around game
I also do hope he somehow makes it to 40 goals again lol, but at least he's still scoring at all

Decent progression, hope he can produce at least 0.80 PPG clip in the AHL

Watch Suzuki just lets the hammer drop and has a couple 5 goal games, just to show us that he really was deliberately not trying to score this year.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad