Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Its good to see that the Avs aren't the only top team to give up a lead late and lose the game. Preds gave up a 3 goal lead and lost, Vegas just gave up a 2 goal lead late and lost in OT also.

This are arguably the top 3 teams in west all giving up leads late and lose. At least Avs have a valid excuse, they have key injuries and Zadorov decided to kill people and took penalties and stuff

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Its good to see that the Avs aren't the only top team to give up a lead late and lose the game. Preds gave up a 3 goal lead and lost, Vegas just gave up a 2 goal lead late and lost in OT also.

This are arguably the top 3 teams in west all giving up leads late and lose. At least Avs have a valid excuse, they have key injuries and Zadorov decided to kill people and took penalties and stuff

Yeah sure but it still blows haha.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Duchene went cold after a hot start in Nashville. 0G 2A in the last 8 games...scoreless in the last 4.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I didn't see what went down or why we're praising him, but for as gross as Backes can be on the ice, he's always been pretty stand-up off of it.
He always went after players way smaller than him bullying them around, is why I didn't like him very much. It sucks that it took something as scary as this to show me he's probably a good dude at his core.

Reactions: Ararana

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I love Gallant sending Reaves out to take a draw against Lowry, and obviously instigate a fight. Jets try to take Lowry off for a line change and he says nah, I got this, then drops Reaves in the fight.

Gallant’s face after seeing his enforcer get beat is gold.

The link for those who enjoy this sort of stuff.

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I love Gallant sending Reaves out to take a draw against Lowry, and obviously instigate a fight. Jets try to take Lowry off for a line change and he says nah, I got this, then drops Reaves in the fight.

"Drops" and "get beat" is a little exaggerated isn't it.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Huge props for Lowry taking that bout. Did really well to boot!

Reactions: Avs71

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Don’t really know where to post this. But I met Ryan O’Reilly today. The blues are in town (I live in Vancouver) and I ran into him in the bathroom of Cactus Club. He was quite friendly and actually was the one who continued the conversation beyond me saying, “Hey, you’re Ryan O’Reilly!” - it was very casual, and not very hockey related.

He was pretty good about just chatting up a random stranger. Seems like just an overall friendly fellow.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Don’t really know where to post this. But I met Ryan O’Reilly today. The blues are in town (I live in Vancouver) and I ran into him in the bathroom of Cactus Club. He was quite friendly and actually was the one who continued the conversation beyond me saying, “Hey, you’re Ryan O’Reilly!” - it was very casual, and not very hockey related.

He was pretty good about just chatting up a random stranger. Seems like just an overall friendly fellow.
Did you at least mention that he should immediately demand a trade from St. Louis to the Avs?

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Did you at least mention that he should immediately demand a trade from St. Louis to the Avs?
To be honest, I was thinking about some Avs related joke when the conversation started but he seemed like he didn’t really wanna talk too much about hockey. His teammate was there (I wanna say Vince Dunn but I’m not sure) and when he joked that ROR was a conn smythe winner, ROR kinda downplayed it and changed the subject to things he liked about Vancouver

Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad