2018-2019 Around the league thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We are one Zadorov trade away of being in the same boat so I'm not going to mock them for that.

That being said, I don't think the Leafs are built for the playoffs at all. They traded their grittiest player to us for our softest forward and dman.

blue-jackets-matt-calvert-takes-slapshot-to-the-face-gets-36-stitches-then-scores-game-winner-1479568979.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We are one Zadorov trade away of being in the same boat so I'm not going to mock them for that.

That being said, I don't think the Leafs are built for the playoffs at all. They traded their grittiest player to us for our softest forward and dman.
Not even remotely in the same boat as the Leafs. Landeskog, Calvert, Johnson, Kadri, Cole. Hell, Calvert lead the league in fights last season.

We aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Leafs. We're not a team that can bully others around, but we damn sure have a HELL of a lot more grit/toughness/physicality than they do, and that's even if we traded Zadorov.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Not even remotely in the same boat as the Leafs. Landeskog, Calvert, Johnson, Kadri, Cole. Hell, Calvert lead the league in fights last season.

We aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Leafs. We're not a team that can bully others around, but we damn sure have a HELL of a lot more grit/toughness/physicality than they do, and that's even if we traded Zadorov.
This and Mackinnon is a bull and Rants is not getting bullied. Leafs are butter.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Fair enough. I still think we're susceptible to getting bullied though, especially without Z.

Reactions: arun

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Don't introduce logic into a Z conversation! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Cole probably would have had more fights too if Tom Wilson didn’t cave his face in.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Canucks are having some fun with the Kings. Doughty looks like a genius.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Quinn Hughes got 3 assists tonight. Expect some annoying Canucks fans on the main board.

Edit: too late.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Re: Kaapo Kaako, obviously he’s having some growing pains but it’s my belief that David Quinn might very well be the worst coach in the National Hockey League. He’s little more than a younger version of Randy Carlyle.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I didn’t think Svechnikov’s Michigan goal would be topped for awhile but Tkachuks winner vs the Preds might have just done that. What a f***ing goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad