2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It is a downer for some Panther players seeing such little turn out. I know this for a fact from a former panther player.
It doesn't help that there is a team near by in Florida that dominates the NHL. The lightning probably have majority of the fans in Florida

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Meanwhile: Dylan Strome has been playing about PPG pace since traded to Chicago. 31 points in 33 games.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's no hot streak, he's been awesome for them.

I have no doubt the guy is A Player, but he's not as good as these results are yielding. His shot % is insanely high right now, that will not last. I'm not saying the Coyotes made the right move, and it's obvious that for whatever reason they just don't know how to develop forwards in the desert, but I still think he'll get big $$$ from Chicago, regress into the somewhat-good player that he actually is, and it'll be yet another contract Bowman deals away in 1-2 seasons.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He still has huge skating issues and his shot % is unsustainable. This is not a case of a high pick who was about to bust out but is suddenly living up to pre-draft expectations. This is more in line with Yak having success with us for the first couple of months.

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Connor McDavid has only been held pointless in 7 games all season long. Compare that to:

Nathan MacKinnon, 14 games
Johnny Gaudreau, 15 games
Patrick Kane, 9 games
Nikita Kucherov, 14 games

Get that man the **** out of Edmonton. Oh, and Patrick Kane is having an MVP season.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Strome is a smart player, and now that he's got a taste of success I highly doubt he'll regress to a bust. He isn't ever going to drive a line, but doesn't mean he can't be a key piece.

Most likely he'll be a 50-60 point complimentary player the next few years playing beside Debrincat, Kane, and Toews, and can still develop into a ~70 point player in his prime. The dude is 21 and has been close to a PPG pace on the Hawks.

Perlini.. I have no idea what is going on with him but I hope we go after him in the off-season as our next project.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
If he has any sense he won't sign in our career graveyard.

The Colorado Triangle, where careers, skills, and motivation mysteriously disappear...

colorado_avalanche_2016-pres_a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad