2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Well if I didn’t have coupons I needed to use or went with friends I probably wouldn’t have gone to that game at all...

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Well if I didn’t have coupons I needed to use or went with friends I probably wouldn’t have gone to that game at all...
I got handed a ticket to the Wednesday game as I was walking to the building. I've got season tickets, so I didn't need it. Made four phone calls, couldn't find a friend interested. Tried to give it away at the door, at 6:20. Ended up with 8 tickets to give away, and got to my seats at 5 to 7. These tickets were almost impossible to give away.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
I got handed a ticket to the Wednesday game as I was walking to the building. I've got season tickets, so I didn't need it. Made four phone calls, couldn't find a friend interested. Tried to give it away at the door, at 6:20. Ended up with 8 tickets to give away, and got to my seats at 5 to 7. These tickets were almost impossible to give away.
That’s rough. Don’t get me wrong I wanted to go to games earlier in the year I was just never available when they were at home.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Lethbridge Hurricanes have 5 players in the top 17 scorers in the league and 7 that are virtually point-per-game.

Slowly starting to play better defensively, with the rookie Tetachuk taking the reigns between the pipes. Could be an interesting team to watch down the stretch.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Hurricanes are a massively streaky team under Kisio. Have been for years now.

They are just starting to find their groove now, hopefully this will be a prolonged "good streak".

Trap game today against Regina. Hopefully they are point, it would see them finish this tough 5 game road trip 4-1-0, including a big win in PA.

If Tetachuk can keep up what he's doing, Hughes walking away like he did will end up being a blessing in disguise, as Tetachuk is younger and could be around for a few more seasons yet.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm set on Portland-Lethbridge final with Lethbridge taking it.

EDIT: That is if Cody Glass returns from his injury.

If not Portland, because Cody Glass is a big factor of Portland going to the WHL finals, I'd say Lethbridge beats the Vancouver Giants.

Last edited:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I would like to wish the Kelowna Rockets fanbase and organization an excellent off-season. I am not too familiar with the area, but I am aware of the world class recreational and leisure opportunities there...like beaches, vineyards and golf courses. Of course spring is here..I am sure you will be enjoying some of that delicious Okanangon fruit soon..be careful though...after all, you wouldn't want to choke on a cherry pit.

All the best to you in the off-season.

Sincerely..

A Victoria Royals Fan.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Fantastic effort by the Blazers. The truth is on paper the Blazers have more depth than the Rockets, but it is still truly remarkable.

Any update on the Royals injuries?

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Who you guys got in the first round?

Vancouver over Seattle in 6 - Seattle is a solid opponent but Vancouver has the scoring, stars, and goaltending.
Kamloops over Victoria in 6 - Kamloops is riding high and surging into playoffs. Victoria is overall pretty ho-hum (especially with their current injuries) and may regret leaving their team on the Island in mid March when they could have stepped on the Blazers throat.
Everett over Tri-City in 6 - Tough start for the Tips against the Americans but they are just too solid all over the ice to lose this matchup.
Spokane over Portland in 7 - Portland is too much of a question mark with all their injuries. If Glass, Jarvis, etc are in this could swing the Winterhawks way
Prince Albert over Red Deer in 4 - Red Deer without Alexeyev for the first round is bad news. The Rebels are a pretty pesky opponent but this one should be quick
Saskatoon over Moose Jaw in 5 - IMO, Saskatoon is the only real challenger of the Raiders in the east. Will be tough against Moose Jaw especially without playoff experience but the talent will take over.
Edmonton over Medicine Hat in 5 - The Tigers are pretty unremarkable this season while Edmonton has a ton of talent on the rise. Should be pretty quick
Lethbridge over Calgary in 6 - Two teams riding impressive win streaks coming into playoffs. I think this is Lethbridge's last solid year to go all the way and they'll get a good start against the Hitmen.

Reactions: Juniorhockeyguru

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Who you guys got in the first round?

Vancouver over Seattle in 6 - Seattle is a solid opponent but Vancouver has the scoring, stars, and goaltending.
Kamloops over Victoria in 6 - Kamloops is riding high and surging into playoffs. Victoria is overall pretty ho-hum (especially with their current injuries) and may regret leaving their team on the Island in mid March when they could have stepped on the Blazers throat.
Everett over Tri-City in 6 - Tough start for the Tips against the Americans but they are just too solid all over the ice to lose this matchup.
Spokane over Portland in 7 - Portland is too much of a question mark with all their injuries. If Glass, Jarvis, etc are in this could swing the Winterhawks way
Prince Albert over Red Deer in 4 - Red Deer without Alexeyev for the first round is bad news. The Rebels are a pretty pesky opponent but this one should be quick
Saskatoon over Moose Jaw in 5 - IMO, Saskatoon is the only real challenger of the Raiders in the east. Will be tough against Moose Jaw especially without playoff experience but the talent will take over.
Edmonton over Medicine Hat in 5 - The Tigers are pretty unremarkable this season while Edmonton has a ton of talent on the rise. Should be pretty quick
Lethbridge over Calgary in 6 - Two teams riding impressive win streaks coming into playoffs. I think this is Lethbridge's last solid year to go all the way and they'll get a good start against the Hitmen.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I'm going to do the entire playoffs

Western Conference

Vancouver over Seattle in 5
Kamloops over Victoria in 7
Everett over Tri-City in 6
Spokane over Portland in 7

2nd round

Vancouver over Kamloops in 5
Everett over Spokane in 5

Conference Final

Vancouver over Everett in 7

Eastern Conference

Prince Albert over Red Deer in 4
Saskatoon over Moose Jaw in 6
Edmonton over Medicine Hat in 4
Lethbridge over Calgary in 7

2nd round

Edmonton over Lethbridge in 6
Prince Albert over Saskatoon in 6

Conference Final

Prince Albert over Edmonton in 6

WHL Final

Prince Albert over Vancouver in 7

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
I'm liking the Kamloops picks in the playoffs! I think they're carrying some great momentum in to round 1 which should favor them, though I am a little concerned their high-pressure games over the past couple weeks are gonna have them burned out compared to a rested team. Aside from energy levels, the toughest task will be outhouse, and I imagine goaltending overall will be the difference maker, he's had their number so they gotta find a way to get pucks through him. Garland has the far better numbers against the royals this year, and I'd like to see Lajoie give him a shot. Either way, the playoff experience will be invaluable for a young team.

Reactions: Juniorhockeyguru

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
That could be true, really though only player that scares me is Outhouse. Nobody else on that roster worries me whatsoever, at least up front.

Reactions: BillP

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
PA over Red Deer in 5
Sasakatoon over Moose Jaw in 6
Edmonton over Medicine Hat in 7
Lethbridge over Calgary in 6

Vancouver over Seattle in 4
Victoria over Kamloops in 5
Everett over Tric City in 6
Spokane over Portland in 6

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
pretty curious to see the whl's decision on Kody McDonald from last night, I hear it's an automatic 1 game suspension but I would think there's gonna be a couple more tacked on. Blazers need to take advantage of a lineup that is being held together by bandaids right now and get into the next round.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Agreed, unfortunately the Blazers rarely get those kinds of breaks. They absolutely dominated the Royals from beginning to end. If McDonald gets more than a game, series over in 6. The crowds have been crazy in Kamloops, which is great to see because that city deserves it after all the horse s*** it has been put through.

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
the officiating has been pretty questionable for sure, especially the suspensions coming down on the blazers. and yeah, the city really deserves a good entertaining product which is what they're getting right now. now it's just time to have a killer instinct, and once stankoven capitalizes on his chances it should be money in the bank.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Kody McDonald done for the series. That could be the death blow for the Royals, already missing Kade Oliver. They don't score much as it is, and it just got a whole lot harder.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
That could be true, really though only player that scares me is Outhouse. Nobody else on that roster worries me whatsoever, at least up front.
Outhouse is so good. I wish Victoria gave him a better roster to work with for his final season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad