2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Canes send Joseph, Kolle and 7 draft picks to the Pats for Henry and Leschyshyn. Both are top 15 in the dub scoring race at the moment.

Anholt doesn't p***yfoot around does he?

Pretty deep up front now.

Henry
Leschychyn
Cozens
Bellerive
Ross
Elmer
Barlage

Going to to try to score their way to the top of the division I guess. Cover up for sub par D and goaltending.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looks like the tank is reving up in Kamloops and Kootenay (soon to be Winnipeg)

Wonder if Krebs gets traded soon.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Looks like the tank is reving up in Kamloops and Kootenay (soon to be Winnipeg)

Wonder if Krebs gets traded soon.
What would it take for PG to get Krebs? I’m thinking if we land Savoie an elite young player like him would be perfect and would set us up for the next 2-3 years.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What would it take for PG to get Krebs? I’m thinking if we land Savoie an elite young player like him would be perfect and would set us up for the next 2-3 years.

I think Krebs has 2 years max left in the WHL. 50% chance he only plays 1 more season. The window with Savoie is going to be 3 years before he turns pro. I have a feeling PA is going to land Krebs and use Kaiden Guhle to do it.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
I think Krebs has 2 years max left in the WHL. 50% chance he only plays 1 more season. The window with Savoie is going to be 3 years before he turns pro. I have a feeling PA is going to land Krebs and use Kaiden Guhle to do it.
I could see that. Although it would be interesting to see the Raiders trade both Guhle brothers.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I could see that. Although it would be interesting to see the Raiders trade both Guhle brothers.

PA is probably the best team in the entire CHL right now and are on their way to historical status. They have all the pieces needed to pretty much destroy the WHL right now and contend for a Memorial Cup. Adding Krebs would be massive and not only that it would likely be great for his draft rankings as his production likely ticks up.

Adding Guhle would be huge for the Ice as they are moving to Winnipeg and Guhle-Lambos could be their future franchise defender top pairing if all goes right. Adding Savoie to that mix with McClennon on his wing could easily make for a contender in a few years.

Fight Guy

Jan 9, 2005
You can't trade signed 15 and 16 year olds and 17 year olds only if they request it or agree to it. Guhle is going no where. I also don't think Krebs is going to the NHL at 19. Early to say that, but it's also early to say he will be. Chances are more than good for him to be in the WHL at 19. To buy him as a 17 year old will also cost ALOT!!

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
I'm not sure what year his eligibility is but I can see Quinn Schiemann from the Blazers getting drafted in the first couple rounds. Vision, positioning, skating, passing - complete package in his first 20-some games in the dub. Him and Zazula are easily the best D pairing on any given night. With Kneen shipped out he will be given a lot of opportunities as well.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Yikes.

Hurricanes now have five guys in the top 20 of WHL scoring and two more at a point per game or better.

Henry 5th
Leschychyn 8th
Cozens 10th
Bellerive 14th
Ross 20th

Addison and Elmer are the other ppg or better guys.

If they get an upgrade in net and another puckmoving dman they could potentially do some damage in the 2nd half.

Too bad the Tigers are a bitter rival and also in a playoff spot. Nassen and Hollett would fill out the Canes roster perfectly and are both 19 year olds that are unlikely to be back in Med Hat next year anyways.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Hurricanes acquire '99 goalie Liam Hughes from Seattle.

Jeri-Leon and Micheal Horon going the other way.

Hughes has a better save percentage than either Hurricane goalie playing behind a much worse team, so hopefully he fits the bill.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hurricanes acquire '99 goalie Liam Hughes from Seattle.

Jeri-Leon and Micheal Horon going the other way.

Hughes has a better save percentage than either Hurricane goalie playing behind a much worse team, so hopefully he fits the bill.

I like this deal a lot for Lethbridge... honestly I think TBirds should have gotten a better return than what they got... Anholt did well

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Does Brandon dump Mattheos at the deadline? Do they get another 1st rounder this year?

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Liam Hughes left the Canes today. Our goalies are Tetachuck and a 16 year old rookie. Man we're screwed.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Liam Hughes left the Canes today. Our goalies are Tetachuck and a 16 year old rookie. Man we're screwed.

I dunno, Tetachuk has been playing well. He has the best GAA and save % of all the goalies that suited up for the Canes this year, including Hughes. Hughes played Friday at home against Red Deer, and didn't play well, then Tetachuk played the next night in RD on the home and home and had a really strong game for the W.

Pretty disappointing though, regardless. Canes paid a price to get him, and then he quits?

At the end of the day he's just a kid, but still really disappointing.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to find out what happened.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

That's so strange. I know he loved it in Seattle and was extremely well liked there so maybe the change was just too much of a shock? Very bizzare cause the kid loves playing the game and is a good kid.

I can pretty much guarentee he didnt quit due to not loving the game anymore.. Something else must have happened for this to happen so quickly

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Cougars have dropped seven in a row and our schedule isn’t getting any easier so honestly, there’s a real chance we could have the 1st and 3rd picks in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad