2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
PA is probably the best team in the entire CHL right now and are on their way to historical status. They have all the pieces needed to pretty much destroy the WHL right now and contend for a Memorial Cup. Adding Krebs would be massive and not only that it would likely be great for his draft rankings as his production likely ticks up.

Adding Guhle would be huge for the Ice as they are moving to Winnipeg and Guhle-Lambos could be their future franchise defender top pairing if all goes right. Adding Savoie to that mix with McClennon on his wing could easily make for a contender in a few years.

Even if they miss out on Savoie, ie pick 2nd, I still think the future is very very bright for Kootenay

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Even if they miss out on Savoie, ie pick 2nd, I still think the future is very very bright for Kootenay

If they pick 2nd Ziemmer (OHAE) has to be their target. Elite offensive talent. Big body centre with huge compete. With their 2nd first rounder you would have to think they take a goalie. Maybe Maric?

afrobomber11

May 23, 2010
Flin Flon Manitoba
stockpiling picks from saskatoon basically turned into a championship....i mean there were other great scouting trading and recruiting that worked in their favor as well but still

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm sorry, but I don't see this team doing much. Josh Curtis being a top forward is laughable. Leppard can't carry a line and I can pretty much guarantee Maser will be the Cougars best player. Maser is legit. Saying Leppard will be the Cougars best player basically confirms what the other poster was saying about the team. Lakusta is probably their best defensemen (I think Schoettler is better), and while he is good, it's not much to be excited about.

It's a young team that has support plays like Curtis and Leppard who can't carry lines at this level. Colina is tiny and will be getting the best defensive pairings against him...let's see how that goes. If PG is going to be half decent, it'll be because of Maser/Schoettler/Lakusta/Gauthier and whatever rookies decide to step up. Considering PG's development since their existence basically, I'm not holding my breath.

Finishing last in the division is definitely a real possibility. Would love to be wrong.

Hate to say I told you so, but this Cougars team was blatantly obvious to be a terrible team.

@Hockey Fan in PG

The Cougars captain having 22pts basically sums up everything about this franchise. Embarrassing. Expecting to even be close to the playoff picture with Josh Curtis as your captain and expected leader production wise...was just incredibly predictable.

Last edited:

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
We went all in two years ago, lost in the first round, and the writing was on the wall then. Trading away all our prospects and draft picks for Guhle, Popaguyev, and Bondra. Now we're left with Leppard, Mikhalchuk, and Upper. FML

Would not be surprised at all if we don't win another game this year.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Prior to last night Taylor Gauthier had stopped 77 of his last 78 shots against. Like this dude has the potential to carry this team once the kids mature a little more.

Gauthier seems to make one misstep a game, that ends up in a goal against, and our team is not good enough to support him. Put Gauthier on a top team, and I'm willing to bet he'd have some of the best numbers in the league.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We went all in two years ago, lost in the first round, and the writing was on the wall then. Trading away all our prospects and draft picks for Guhle, Popaguyev, and Bondra. Now we're left with Leppard, Mikhalchuk, and Upper. FML

Would not be surprised at all if we don't win another game this year.

Writing wasn’t so clear for PG fan there unfortunately. I tried to warn him. Josh Curtis being your captain says a lot about your team before you even play a game - just no other way to justify it.

They’ll give the captaincy to anyone I guess.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Go back to Saturday, we get to a shootout and a chance to end the streak. 1-1 headed to the third round, and we use Upper who had four goals on the season. Leaving Maser on the bench. WTF, it's like Canada not using Gretzky in 98. You don't leave one of your 2 top goal scores on the bench. Terrible coaching decision by Lamb.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Go back to Saturday, we get to a shootout and a chance to end the streak. 1-1 headed to the third round, and we use Upper who had four goals on the season. Leaving Maser on the bench. WTF, it's like Canada not using Gretzky in 98. You don't leave one of your 2 top goal scores on the bench. Terrible coaching decision by Lamb.

That’s brilliant.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
LONGEST LOSING STREAK:
32 – Victoria Cougars, November 22, 1989 through February 11, 1990.
25 – New Westminster Bruins, February 8 through March 24, 1981.
24 – Winnipeg Warriors, February 5 through March 21, 1984.

Cmon PG Cougars! You can do it!

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
LONGEST LOSING STREAK:
32 – Victoria Cougars, November 22, 1989 through February 11, 1990.
25 – New Westminster Bruins, February 8 through March 24, 1981.
24 – Winnipeg Warriors, February 5 through March 21, 1984.

Cmon PG Cougars! You can do it!

I've got season tickets and since the Victoria game Friday, I've been cheering against us. If we don't put ourselves in the top 3 I will be very disappointed.

Reactions: PG Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad