2018-19 Utica Comets, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Benning has not set foot in Utica in 2 YEARS!!! Way to manage your assets JIMBO.

Johnson is as useless as teats on a Boar hog. He is just as worthless in town as he is when he's away (more than he's actually in town).
Are you sure it has been 2 years since Benning has been in Utica? I think it's 3 or possibly 4. Linden was in Utica a couple of years ago but Benning skipped that trip. Out of sight out of mind.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Are you sure it has been 2 years since Benning has been in Utica? I think it's 3 or possibly 4. Linden was in Utica a couple of years ago but Benning skipped that trip. Out of sight out of mind.

You could be absolutely correct. The last time I actually saw him was at the 2014-15 playoffs. I read somewhere recently it was 2 years, but for the life of me I don't remember where.

I did see Linden the time you are referring to. Actually said hello. Wasn't Linden's visit to watch Jake?

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
You could be absolutely correct. The last time I actually saw him was at the 2014-15 playoffs. I read somewhere recently it was 2 years, but for the life of me I don't remember where.

I did see Linden the time you are referring to. Actually said hello. Wasn't Linden's visit to watch Jake?
I think so. The Canucks were out east and Trevor made a side trip to Utica but Benning did not accompany him.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think so. The Canucks were out east and Trevor made a side trip to Utica but Benning did not accompany him.

During the first intermission in this afternoon's Canucks game, Benning was on and answered a few questions. He's planning to visit Utica before the season's end. I won't paraphrase what he said about the purpose of the visit: it's too depressing.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
During the first intermission in this afternoon's Canucks game, Benning was on and answered a few questions. He's planning to visit Utica before the season's end. I won't paraphrase what he said about the purpose of the visit: it's too depressing.
Probably coming out to fire Cull.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hey out there to "Helpful comets hockey fan". Did you get this? Maybe your prediction will be carried out by Benning in person and maybe on Sunday. I can't see Jimbo spending the night in Utica so he can do his dirty work on Monday.

Can him post game Sunday. You know just hit and run. LOL
Aka I'm clueless because I haven't been paying attention to the farm all year.

That's how he reacted when asked who Vancouver had papered down. It ended up being exactly no one. Sautner was the lone player papered, but they played him in too many games and he became waiver eligible. So, he remained in Vancouver until the end this afternoon. He sat out the last five games in the press box.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets are in action vs Hartford WolfPack

Gadjovich has scored early and the Comets lead 1-0.

Leighton was injured last night and Kulbakov was recalled and made it to Hartford at noon today from Tulsa.

Forwards:
Pyatt/Darcy/Boucher
Gadjovich/Gaunce/Jasek
Arseneau/Hamilton/Vanderhaan
Bancks/Woods/MacEwen

D-Pairs:
LeBlanc/Sifers
Petgrave/Saucerman
Thow/Blujus

Goal - Mazanec

Scratches:
Injured -
Bachman
Juolevi
McEneny
Malone
Woo
Chatfield
Kero
Lind
Leighton

Hlthy -
Gardiner
Thomas
Stevenson
Anselmini
Graham
Kulbakov

Pyatt nets a shorthander assisted by Boucher and it's 2-0 Utica. It's their 8th shortie of the season.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Mazanec almost blew a long shot that hit him, the post, and out.

Comets to the PK

MacEwewn with a SH breakaway chance, but bounced it around until he simply got a wide angle meaningless shot away.

Pyatt SH, stopped right in front with a deflection of a pass from Boucher.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Gadjovich hit hard in front and Interference is called.

Slow to get up. Comets to PP.

Well not really a PP as Darcy is called almost immediately (14 seconds later)and it's now 4 on 4.

Darcy has taken up the mantle from Hamilton for the dumbest cheap shot penalties. Everything is with his stick because he can't skate.

Gadj looks to be alright.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
7 minutes into the period and there have been NO shots on goal!

Comets now playing their more recent rag **** hockey.

First shot taken at the 13:10 spot. It's by Utica-----Yay, not.

This is starting to look like the WD/Trent Cull let's hold on and win this thing with more than half of the game left to go.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets to the PP again, maybe. Let's see if they can actually enter the zone and set up ther PP.

0/6 last night and didn't control the puck in hte offensive zone for more than maybe a minute out of the 12.

Lose all the draws and then struggle just to get the puck to the offensive blue line and give up more chances than they get.

Here we go. Lose the draw. Can't get in. Give up a SH chance.
Yep, same old same old.

Remenber Cull, knew who he had. He had a week to put something together with the mess he had at his disposal (maybe that's the correct word).

Shouldn't be surprised. He didn't do much better with what he had when the roster was flush.

Surpize! Surprize! Goll-e-e-e-e!

A G - O - A - L!

Darcy

3-0 Utica.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I keep repeating Mazanec is bad. The Hartford fan base hated him and were more than happy to see him go.

I mean he fights the puck. He is stiff on the puck and thus gives up rebounds that no one has any idea where they are going. He doesn't follow shots all the way in and once it hits him he is confused as to where it is. Sometimes it just sits there a foot or two to either side of him. His 5 hole always has a leak in it.

3 shots have rung off his posts tonight and he was beat clean on all 3 of them. He never moves on those kind of shots. He looks like a guy just learning to play the position, not a guy in his 6th year of professional hockey.

The game is now being played in the Comets end of the ice. YUP! "Hold on to this one boys ."- Cull

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
MacEwen in on a breakaway on a long stretch pass from LeBlnac. I wasn't the least bit surprised when he didn't finish. He has been very ineffective since his return from Vancouver. Not saying that had a thing to do with it. It's just the exact time frame of his funk.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2 periods in the books and it's 3-0 Utica.

2nd period shots 8-5 Utica
2-period total 25-13 Utica

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yan-Pavel Laplante has been injured all season, but is still found on Vancouver's CapFriendly roster and listed as "Season Opening Injured Reserve". He becomes an RFA this summer. I expect the Canucks to simply not offer him a QO, PLESAE!!!!!!! Another free contract to go along with those of Leighton and Mazanec.

Where is he? What is his injury? Is he being rehabbed by the Canucks? Has he gone home? Is he lost and gone forever?

Bueller? Somebody? Anybody?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Gaunce tripped and the Comets to their 3rd PP. First was all of 14 seconds and scored on the other one.

Just don't increase your league leading short handed goal allowed to 20.

That was close to #20.

Man, Petgrave has no business on the ice during a PP.

PP is over no goals either way.

Hartford is doing all they can to turn things up a notch at the halfway point in the 3rd. Don't let the flood gates get opened. keep driving on the offense.

Nope they are hemmed in and all puck watching and then chasing like they do when things churn up in their end. This is their 3rd period MO. We haven't seen it in a long time but it's obviously still there. Using 3 defenders of questionable AHL status doesn't help. None of the 6 are signed by Vancouver.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets to another PP.

1 minute gone and nothing of interest in either direction.
MacEwen is worthless getting control on the break in on the PP. All season he ,makes it half way down the offensive boards and turns it over. It's like a repeating loop, over and over and over and over, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad