GDT: 2018-19 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Which new addition are most looking forward to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
AngrySlushyBlowfish-size_restricted.gif
Please remove this gif from my mind, thanks.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
HockeyBuzz.com - Rick Sadowski - Toninato assigned to AHL Eagles; Sakic on season goals

- "On second-year forward Tyson Jost, Colorado’s first-round pick (No. 10) in the 2016 NHL draft. He will center a second line that includes Alexander Kerfoot and Colin Wilson:

“He looks a lot faster out there. He really spent a lot of time this summer, changed his workout program. He’s more explosive in his agility. He looks great out there, he looks faster. I know he’s looking forward to making a huge step this year."

- "On defenseman Conor Timmins, who’s been skating and shooting as he recovers from post-concussion symptoms. He's listed as injured, non roster:

“He was doing well, had a setback (before development camp in June). He’s getting back to that, starting to skate more now. He’s a guy we’re going to be very careful with. When he gets to a hundred percent … he missed a whole summer of training, so once he’s really a hundred percent ready, now we have to get him training. We plan on taking our time with him. When he’s really, really ready to go, then he’s going to start playing.”

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So with Toni sent down I guess they want to see what Dries can do (unless Kam is ready, I dont know anything about his injury)
Kam was day to day, so he could be ready anytime.

I'm kind of glad Toni is going down, I really want him to get some offense going and the AHL is the best place for him to do it. If he can't score at least 5 goals in a season he won't stick as a 4th liner no matter how defensively reliable he is.

Reactions: MarkT and Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Get some Kamikaze in there too.

So what are we looking at for lines?

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Jost-Wilson
Nieto-Soda-Bourque?
Calvert-Compher-Dries

Girard-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Barbs-Cole

Varly
Grub

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Get some Kamikaze in there too.

So what are we looking at for lines?

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Jost-Wilson
Nieto-Soda-Bourque?
Calvert-Compher-Dries

Girard-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Barbs-Cole

Varly
Grub
That looks likely.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really hope they end up rolling with Cole/Barbs vs Cole/Nemeth as the bottom pairing, or at least alternating. Watching Cole/Nemeth try to transition the puck will be painful.
IMO, Barbs has done more this preseason to earn that #6 spot than Nemeth has.

Reactions: MarkT

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
IMO, Barbs has done more this preseason to earn that #6 spot than Nemeth has.

Yeah, but Nemeth is a top PKer. I feel the same way you guys do, but I'm not betting on Barbs starting over Nemeth until Nemeth forces Bednars hand.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think so too. Always good to have a guy like Nemeth on the depth charts though.
Yeah, but Nemeth is a top PKer. I feel the same way you guys do, but I'm not betting on Barbs starting over Nemeth until Nemeth forces Bednars hand.
He is a good PK guy, but I feel like Cole can take that spot just fine without disrupting a top level PK too much. Nemeth is an ideal #7 in my book. NHL quality depth but not a guy you really want on the ice every single night.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He is a good PK guy, but I feel like Cole can take that spot just fine without disrupting a top level PK too much. Nemeth is an ideal #7 in my book. NHL quality depth but not a guy you really want on the ice every single night.

I agree we shall see if Bednar does. I think Nemeth was paid too much, but it's one year I guess.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I agree we shall see if Bednar does. I think Nemeth was paid too much, but it's one year I guess.
Yeah, one year with our cap situation is nothing. I have a feeling he may not even finish that contract with us thanks to waivers, especially if Timmins can finally become healthy at some point in the season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
HockeyBuzz.com - Rick Sadowski - Toninato assigned to AHL Eagles; Sakic on season goals

- "On defenseman Conor Timmins, who’s been skating and shooting as he recovers from post-concussion symptoms. He's listed as injured, non roster:

“He was doing well, had a setback (before development camp in June). He’s getting back to that, starting to skate more now. He’s a guy we’re going to be very careful with. When he gets to a hundred percent … he missed a whole summer of training, so once he’s really a hundred percent ready, now we have to get him training. We plan on taking our time with him. When he’s really, really ready to go, then he’s going to start playing.”

I really like how they're treating him as a person and carefully adjusting to his needs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don't like that Timmins missed the whole summer of training. It's going to be a while I think before we see him playing.

Can't believe St Louis hired Drew Bannister to coach the Rampage, after he's clearly demonstrated a willingness to forgo concussion protocol with a top prospect to win a playoff game.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Hopefully Kamenev or Ghetto can push Bourque out of that spot and give Soda someone with a little more offensive skill to work with.

Bourque can play with Compher or he can sit for Dries if he proves to be worth keeping up.

Ideally both Kam and Ghetto would play over both those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad