Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wouldn't mind a claim on Spooner.

Thats too big a contract to just claim it would put us over the Cap . 4 Million per and still around next year for that same amount. He has 5 Points in 40 games and is more than 1 Million more expensive than Nichuskin with his 7 points.

I would trade Hanzal + a pick or maybe Nichuskin and get a pick back ( to compensate for the money in both trades ) but anything else i wouldn't touch .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Spooner cleared, I believe.

We should want no part of him in any way. We have enough of a logjam as is, and he's just a bad player.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I dont think hes untalented, but i got the money wrong on that.. i kept reading 800k, but it looks like he was ~4M

so no, that would never make sense.. oops!

Reactions: LatvianTwist

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad Spooner cleared we want no part of him. He’s basically Shore dialed up to 100. Sure he’ll go on a hot streak a couple times a season, but he’s useless outside of that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Capitals apparently want a 3rd line veteran forward for Burakovsky. Luckily we have plenty of those. Would easily trade Comeau or Pitlick for him. Would even add a pick if they took Comeau :laugh:

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Caps want some veteran forward to help them for a Cup run. They want to win another Cup while their core is still good enough . So yes Comeau would probably be something the Caps might look at. He's having a bad offensive year but who doesn't on the Stars ?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Would Nill move Comeau after just signing him?

I’d hope so, but it’d be kind of shitty for Comeau.

That said, if it hurts our chances of signing another contract like that, I’m all for it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Nichushkin for Burakovsky is an interesting idea, but I think it's mostly a waste of time for both teams.

Nichushkin is a black hole of offensive suck who has changed his game to be a somewhat faster Blake Comeau. He's also about to turn 24 and has one more year on his contract at $3 million. He'll then be an RFA.

Burakovsky is also about to turn 24. He makes $3.25 million. He'll be an RFA this summer. Burakovsky is Swedish? I had no idea. Looks like the family was Russian but moved to Sweden a couple of generations ago.

The problem here is wondering just how much a change of scenery can help out. Burakovsky has been playing in the NHL for a while now. When this season ends, he'll have 334 NHL games under his belt. He's going to end the season with about 100 more NHL games played than Nichushkin, and those are all more recent games, too. Maybe coming here, getting more ice time, getting some PP time would see Burakovsky start to produce, but I kind of doubt it. Offensive producers don't need 300+ games to figure out how to put up points in the NHL.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nichushkin for Burakovsky is an interesting idea, but I think it's mostly a waste of time for both teams.

Nichushkin is a black hole of offensive suck who has changed his game to be a somewhat faster Blake Comeau. He's also about to turn 24 and has one more year on his contract at $3 million. He'll then be an RFA.

Burakovsky is also about to turn 24. He makes $3.25 million. He'll be an RFA this summer. Burakovsky is Swedish? I had no idea. Looks like the family was Russian but moved to Sweden a couple of generations ago.

The problem here is wondering just how much a change of scenery can help out. Burakovsky has been playing in the NHL for a while now. When this season ends, he'll have 334 NHL games under his belt. He's going to end the season with about 100 more NHL games played than Nichushkin, and those are all more recent games, too. Maybe coming here, getting more ice time, getting some PP time would see Burakovsky start to produce, but I kind of doubt it. Offensive producers don't need 300+ games to figure out how to put up points in the NHL.

It's important to note as well that he'll likely be making a minimum of $3.25M next year as well. Unless he is not qualified or decides to value term over extra dollars (which would have to be offered to him in the first place), he can simply sign the QO.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Ever since Sean's tweet, there have been no Stars scouts at the Capitals games :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Andddd with 3 points in the last 2 games his trade value is going up...he'd be tied for 5th in goals amongst our forwards

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Would Nill move Comeau after just signing him?

I’d hope so, but it’d be kind of ****ty for Comeau.

That said, if it hurts our chances of signing another contract like that, I’m all for it.

I’d feel so bad for Comeau to go from the superstars to the lowly Capitals.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’d feel so bad for Comeau to go from the superstars to the lowly Capitals.

Well yea :laugh:

I meant moreso in that he probably expected to stay here for at least 2 years, probably 3. Trading a UFA you signed in the same year (except for 1 year deals or extenuating circumstances) isn’t the greatest thing to do when consider the players as people.

It is a business though, and that’s a trade we’d absolutely have to make. I would just hope Nill doesn’t think Burakovsky and Cogliano are the solutions for us.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hockey News article has us as sellers at the TDL, suggesting Spezza, Polak, and maybe even Khudobin would attract interest. Surprised that a team currently in the PO picture would be a seller. Maybe it was written during their losing streak?

Some interesting ideas. Even in a playoff race, perhaps Spezza could go, unless he is on a real hot streak at the time. I believe Polak would leave too big a hole in the D, unless Johns comes back. Dobby is interesting. With his play this year, could a team in need of a goalie be convinced he is now starter material for next year? Even so, it would weaken our strongest area (and we would be gambling on Bishop's continued health) and it never seems like goalies get a great haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad