Speculation: 2018-19 Trade Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If that is a factor at all in whether Nill keeps his job, then I’m officially out on Gaglardi as an owner.
I wasn’t implying that but I think it muddles things up quite a bit. You might have to demote him rather than outright fire him. Either way Jim Nills getting paid and I’m sure he knows it

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I wasn’t implying that but I think it muddles things up quite a bit. You might have to demote him rather than outright fire him. Either way Jim Nills getting paid and I’m sure he knows it

Demote him to what? Janitor? If he is assistant GM then he is overseeing the draft first-hand, and I am not sure if I'm comfortable with that. He may very well be better than the lunk, Jackson, whom has been around way too long but my reservations remain.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Good owners are willing to pay out coaches and GMs no matter what’s left on their contracts if firing them is the right thing to do.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Good owners are willing to pay out coaches and GMs no matter what’s left on their contracts if firing them is the right thing to do.

Did you miss Jim Lites' late December rant? I don't think that is how ownership sees things, whether it be right or wrong.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
We play the Preds twice at the beginning of February. And Florida on the 12th. The Rangers in March. Ducks play the Jets on the 2nd of Feb.

So nothing likely crazy right now.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We play the Preds twice at the beginning of February. And Florida on the 12th. The Rangers in March. Ducks play the Jets on the 2nd of Feb.

So nothing likely crazy right now.

Yep. Just scouts... doing their job.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Makes me nervous how the Stars/Stars writers seem to think this team is different and fixed now...Heika's latest article just went on about how this team is headed in the right direction (I know Heika basically has to write good things about them but still) and may be turning it around...we just played 1 good game and right before that 4 of our worst this season...

They seem proud of the line combos Monty used and I highly doubt they wanna change it now. Ughhh

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know what you expect people to write that are working for the Stars Website

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know what you expect people to write that are working for the Stars Website

I mentioned that in what I just wrote, but it's the comments in there from Monty and others that make me nervous. I've always felt Heika has similar thoughts to Nill tbh. Both irritate me

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oh come on thats like expecting an Advertisement for a product to be critical of the product its supposed to sell.

You know its just PR so ignore the spins .

Last edited:

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
Duchene (signed to extension)
Dzingel (assuming rental but could sign to extension)
OTT 5th 2019

for

Robertson or Dellandrea
Oettinger or Point
Nichushkin or Ritchie
Hanzal (cap dump)
DAL 1st 2019

New Lines
Benn - Duchene - Comeau
Dzingel - Seguin - Radulov
Pitlick - Faksa - Janmark
Cogliano - Spezza/Dickinson - Ritchie/Nichushkin

Hintz

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Duchene (signed to extension)
Dzingel (assuming rental but could sign to extension)
OTT 5th 2019

for

Robertson or Dellandrea
Oettinger or Point
Nichushkin or Ritchie
Hanzal (cap dump)
DAL 1st 2019

New Lines
Benn - Duchene - Comeau
Dzingel - Seguin - Radulov
Pitlick - Faksa - Janmark
Cogliano - Spezza/Dickinson - Ritchie/Nichushkin

Hintz

Seems pretty pricey for two rentals.

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
Seems pretty pricey for two rentals.

It's based on the condition that Duchene resigns though. I do agree that it's pricey but Nill needs to do something to address the depth and I think this type of trade could give the Stars a shot in the arm that they so desperately need. It shows that management is committed to winning now and gives Benn, Seguin and Radulov a vote of confidence.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's based on the condition that Duchene resigns though. I do agree that it's pricey but Nill needs to do something to address the depth and I think this type of trade could give the Stars a shot in the arm that they so desperately need. It shows that management is committed to winning now and gives Benn, Seguin and Radulov a vote of confidence.

I sincerely doubt Duchene re-signs before testing the UFA market. Even if re-signed that seems like too much for me. At least one piece too much. More like cut the goalies out and make the pick a conditional 2nd that can become a first. I'm also not loving Roberson beeing included at all. Also remove Dzingel . Make him a seperate deal

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
I sincerely doubt Duchene re-signs before testing the UFA market. Even if re-signed that seems like too much for me. At least one piece too much. More like cut the goalies out and make the pick a conditional 2nd that can become a first. I'm also not loving Roberson beeing included at all. Also remove Dzingel . Make him a seperate deal

So you're suggesting to simplify it?

Duchene
OTT 5th 2019

for

Dellandrea
Nichushkin or Ritchie
Hanzal (cap dump)
DAL 2nd 2019 (Turns into DAL 1st 2019 if Duchene Re-signs)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So you're suggesting to simplify it?

Duchene
OTT 5th 2019

for

Dellandrea
Nichushkin or Ritchie
Hanzal (cap dump)
DAL 2nd 2019 (Turns into DAL 1st 2019 if Duchene Re-signs)

Something like that but like i said i doubt Duchene re-signs anywhere before he can test the UFA market and without that i don't know how much the price drops.

Stars27

Aug 23, 2013
Something like that but like i said i doubt Duchene re-signs anywhere before he can test the UFA market and without that i don't know how much the price drops.

To be honest, I think we would have a good chance of re-signing him given our core and the chance to play with elite talent in Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Klingberg and soon to be Heiskanen. I think we could sell it well here to re-sign in Dallas.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
To be honest, I think we would have a good chance of re-signing him given our core and the chance to play with elite talent in Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Klingberg and soon to be Heiskanen. I think we could sell it well here to re-sign in Dallas.

Yeah but i doubt he re-signs during the year no matter what. Pretty sure he wants to look whats out there in UFA and that will effect the price the Sens can command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad