2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've heard Koekkoek called Hedman light before, Nurse light is odd for all of the reasons mentioned in this thread.

SKK is to Nurse as Hedman is to Byufglien

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Joseph and Cernak making the team would be a good thing beyond their play on the ice because of the messages it will send. To the rest of the prospects it sends the motivating message that if you play well enough in Syracuse and in camp, you can earn a spot regardless of waiver status or the contracts on the big club. To some of the (not elite) veterans on the big club, who have long term contracts, it sends a message that there are some hungry young dogs nipping at your heels, your jobs are not safe, and if you get complacent, you can be replaced. These are good messages. It is important for a core that has been together this long to keep getting infused with new young blood.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Cernak should get a healthy amount of minutes in Syracuse it won't be much longer until he finds a spot up here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cernak back by gametime.

If Johnson is healthy the top 9 is set, Erne and Joseph had strong preseason so should be in while Paquette is Cooper's boy so he'll play. I can't see any of the D being a scratch opening night. No point to bring him up to serve popcorn and wedw need to waive Martel or Conacher for a spot.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Johnson is healthy the top 9 is set, Erne and Joseph had strong preseason so should be in while Paquette is Cooper's boy so he'll play. I can't see any of the D being a scratch opening night. No point to bring him up to serve popcorn and wedw need to waive Martel or Conacher for a spot.

If there was any truth to what Smith said if they deal Coburn or KK than Cernak is in.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think the trade will happen. Can't see that getting out if we're not trying to make it happen.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
No idea why they went with Martel over Volkov. Cernak will be back once Koekkoek or Coburn are moved.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think the trade will happen. Can't see that getting out if we're not trying to make it happen.

I have no problem trading either but we shouldn't just trade them for Cernak. They need to get a proper return for them. Coburn is your typical deadline target that can fetch a 2nd +, a vet with tons of experience that has a cap that all teams can fit. So ImI not trading him for less than that. Koekkoek is still all potential, his flashes of it should still get him at least a 3rd. Would move him for an AHL defender who has some potential and can replace Cernak for the Crunch. But right now it seems like a few teams are moving bottom pair guys so the market is saturated and we might have to hold onto them till someone gets hurt.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Called it with Volkov. There is no reason to havehim play fourth line minutes when he can play top line in the AHL and not have to pass through waivers. He'll be our first call up if someone in our top 6 is hurt.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
At the end of the day the organization is ok with Conacher and Martel playing sparingly. Maybe Erne too..

Perhaps this is an indication Kuch will be fine for the opener. Don’t think it indicates anything for TJ.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
No major surprises from what we seen during the preseason. Management decided to keep organizational depth by leaving the rookies down in Syracuse instead of losing guys to waivers.

That is probably the smart move if you are more worried about icing the healthiest talent in the spring and not too concerned about points in October.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Will be very interesting to see who joins Erne and Paquette on the 4th line once Kuch and TJ are playing regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad