2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
I really like McD on the PK and playing a lot of ES minutes. But from what I saw of him on the PP and what Ranger fans have said about him, I dont think McD is going to make our 2nd unit PP all that effective!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really like McD on the PK and playing a lot of ES minutes. But from what I saw of him on the PP and what Ranger fans have said about him, I dont think McD is going to make our 2nd unit PP all that effective!

Our second unit plays like 20 seconds per PP. I think we'll make the switch in a few games. Could be the coaches (I believe Halpern's running the PP this year?) sending a message to Sergachev for a not-so-good pre-season. Who knows. I'm surprised to see McDonagh on the PP, but it's not overly concerning.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bryan Burns tweeted that the 2nd unit PP in practice today is: McDonagh, Killorn, Johnson, Palat and Gourde

No Sergachev

Per EE:
PP1
Hedman-Stamkos-Kucherov-Miller-Point

PP2
Sergachev-Gourde-Killorn-Erne-Palat

Probably trying different things, nothing to worry about.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Per EE:
PP1
Hedman-Stamkos-Kucherov-Miller-Point

PP2
Sergachev-Gourde-Killorn-Erne-Palat

Probably trying different things, nothing to worry about.

If we run with that second pp unit at any point this season, it would mean we are so hurt we aren't making the playoffs.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we run with that second pp unit at any point this season, it would mean we are so hurt we aren't making the playoffs.

The only top 9 forwards who aren't on the 1 or 2 units are Johnson and Cirelli. Johnson is hurt so they probably aren't putting him out there just yet and Cirelli will be on the top PK or at least 2nd unit. Once Johnson is healthy he takes Erne's spot and the unit is more than fine. Would like to see Joseph out there as he's got great vision especially on the PP.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We play on Sat and have a 5 day break until the next game? What the hell?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The only top 9 forwards who aren't on the 1 or 2 units are Johnson and Cirelli. Johnson is hurt so they probably aren't putting him out there just yet and Cirelli will be on the top PK or at least 2nd unit. Once Johnson is healthy he takes Erne's spot and the unit is more than fine. Would like to see Joseph out there as he's got great vision especially on the PP.

How was Erne as a net-front presence in Syracuse? That big body in front might work out if he's assertive.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
WHoa. Rick Bowness is in Dallas. I don't remember that happening.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Depending on how that game goes we have a good shot at being the last team to lose a game...or last to win.

I just read that 5 teams will have played 4 games before we play our second game! This schedule is an absolute joke! It means we are going to be bunching games together later in the season and nothing causes more injuries then playing a lot of back to back games! It also means that Domingue will be playing a lot mid season!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Looks like we have 10 back to backs, and a few 3 game, 4 night situation. Honestly, this isn't as bad as previous seasons. I vaguely remember last year having about 15 or 16 back to backs.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Looks like we have 10 back to backs, and a few 3 game, 4 night situation. Honestly, this isn't as bad as previous seasons. I vaguely remember last year having about 15 or 16 back to backs.

I think we are on NBCSN quite a bit this year though. Not a fan of the national broadcasts. Ill take 10 back to backs over 15-16 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad