2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lightning announce 2018 Training Camp roster and schedule

The Tampa Bay Lightning today announced their 62-man roster for their 2018 Training Camp which opens on Thursday, September 13 at AMALIE Arena with medical and physical testing. The full roster features 37 forwards, 19 defensemen and six goaltenders.
Practices at the Ice Sports Forum are free and open to the public.
The Lightning's annual Fan Fest, presented by Florida Blue, will still be held on Saturday, September 23 at AMALIE Arena. The event is free and open to the public, but fans must obtain a mobile ticket by visiting www.tampabaylightning.com/fanfest.

7 MATHIEU JOSEPH
9 TYLER JOHNSON
10 J.T. MILLER
13 CEDRIC PAQUETTE
15 ANDY ANDREOFF
17 ALEX KILLORN
18 ONDREJ PALAT
21 BRAYDEN POINT
24 RYAN CALLAHAN
34 BRADY BRASSART
36 ALEXEY LIPANOV
37 YANNI GOURDE
38 DENNIS YAN
40 GABRIEL DUMONT
41 BORIS KATCHOUK
42 OTTO SOMPPI
46 TAYLOR RADDYSH
47 JONNE TAMMELA
50 JACKSON LEPPARD
51 CHASE WOUTERS
54 CARTER VERHAEGHE
58 KEVIN LYNCH
60 ALEX BARRE-BOULET
63 TROY BOURKE
67 MITCHELL STEPHENS
71 ANTHONY CIRELLI
73 ADAM ERNE
75 DANIEL WALCOTT
78 MICHAEL BOURNIVAL
79 ALEXANDER VOLKOV
82 GABRIEL FORTIER
86 NIKITA KUCHEROV
89 CORY CONACHER
90 MATTHEW MacDOUGALL
91 STEVEN STAMKOS
92 ROSS COLTON
93 OLIVER ARCHAMBAULT

5 DAN GIRARDI
6 ANTON STRALMAN
27 RYAN McDONAGH
29 SLATER KOEKKOEK
32 HUBERT LABRIE
33 CAMERON GAUNCE
44 MONTANA ONYEBUCHI
52 CAL FOOTE
55 BRAYDON COBURN
56 BEN THOMAS
59 JAKE DOTCHIN
64 MATT SPENCER
68 RADIM SALDA
74 DOMINIK MASIN
76 OLEG SOSUNOV
77 VICTOR HEDMAN
81 ERIK CERNAK
83 WALTER FLOWER
98 MIKHAIL SERGACHEV

1 CONNOR INGRAM
30 CORBIN BOES
31 MARTIN OULLETTE
70 LOUIS DOMINGUE
80 EDDIE PASQUALE
88 ANDREI VASILEVSKIY

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
What did he say?
During his interview with someone about the EK trade, they mentioned getting Sergachev back in a return for EK from TB and McGuire said:

"By the way, I'm telling you this right now...based on what I've heard from people that have been around Tampa a lot, especially in light of what's transpired with Steve Yzerman and Julien Brisebois...watch for Sergachev to be one of the big names this season in the NHL. If you're into that poolie stuff, TAKE HIM. I'm telling you, he's shredding it right now in pre-season and I know the big camp only just started but everyone that's in the hockey world that's around that group is talking about that guy. Just so you know."

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
During his interview with someone about the EK trade, they mentioned getting Sergachev back in a return for EK from TB and McGuire said:

"By the way, I'm telling you this right now...based on what I've heard from people that have been around Tampa a lot, especially in light of what's transpired with Steve Yzerman and Julien Brisebois...watch for Sergachev to be one of the big names this season in the NHL. If you're into that poolie stuff, TAKE HIM. I'm telling you, he's shredding it right now in pre-season and I know the big camp only just started but everyone that's in the hockey world that's around that group is talking about that guy. Just so you know."

That sounds like something Robert would have said after seeing the first practice of training camp 4 years ago. It would have been a different Russian at the time though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, because, listening to it, it sounded like he wanted to pump up Sergachev being a monster at camp, then realized halfway through one of his sentences that camp hasn't even started yet. So I kind of feel like McGuire himself is just high on Sergachev, as all of us are. But he says things like this sometimes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought we were onto something when he was solid with Hedman.

He really might have just been in NHL shape at the time. Because he did look like he could at least play in the NHL that year, even if his pairing with Hedman seemed more about styles than talent. Dotchin never did look to be overly talented.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
He really might have just been in NHL shape at the time. Because he did look like he could at least play in the NHL that year, even if his pairing with Hedman seemed more about styles than talent. Dotchin never did look to be overly talented.
Agreed. He just had a responsible style that kind of let Hedman do his thing. At the time I really thought it'd help us spread the D out a bit more.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed. He just had a responsible style that kind of let Hedman do his thing. At the time I really thought it'd help us spread the D out a bit more.

And it did. It almost got us to the playoffs in that dismal year, because Hedman went beastmode down the stretch.

I think this is all still a ripple effect of the Drouin situation. Team policy seems to be zero tolerance for BS.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
And it did. It almost got us to the playoffs in that dismal year, because Hedman went beastmode down the stretch.

I think this is all still a ripple effect of the Drouin situation. Team policy seems to be zero tolerance for BS.
Agreed. Between Drouin and DeAngelo (and to a lesser extent Connolly...don't remember him having character issues really but I do remember him just seeming really disinterested in his time here. May have just been his personality.) I think this team is past the point where they believe in taking/keeping anyone with questionable character. If you're going to be an NHL player and you can't take your conditioning in the offseason seriously, there's guys in the organization who do and they will be happy to take your spot.

Hopefully the top 4 is some combination of Hedman/Stralman/McDonagh/Sergachev and then Cernak or Masin can push Girardi or Coburn to the pressbox or to another team.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed. Between Drouin and DeAngelo (and to a lesser extent Connolly...don't remember him having character issues really but I do remember him just seeming really disinterested in his time here. May has just been his personality.) I think this team is past the point where they believe in taking/keeping anyone with questionable character. If you're going to be an NHL player and you can't take your conditioning in the offseason seriously, there's guys in the organization who do and they will be happy to take your spot.

Hopefully the top 4 is some combination of Hedman/Stralman/McDonagh/Sergachev and then Cernak or Masin can push Girardi or Coburn to the pressbox or to another team.

Connolly remains a weird one. Can't remember if that was the year before the Drouin debacle, but I think it was. But the timing of it makes you think we wanted him gone. We were playoff bound and sold him, a roster player, to a rival at the TDL, for futures, rather than waiting until the off-season. I don't buy the "recouping assets" argument, since we could have recouped something similar, or better, in the off-season. I think we wanted him off the team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Pumped about the season. Offseason felt longer than it should of. Lets make it shorter this time :) Preferably a week or two.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Connolly remains a weird one. Can't remember if that was the year before the Drouin debacle, but I think it was. But the timing of it makes you think we wanted him gone. We were playoff bound and sold him, a roster player, to a rival at the TDL, for futures, rather than waiting until the off-season. I don't buy the "recouping assets" argument, since we could have recouped something similar, or better, in the off-season. I think we wanted him off the team.
He was pretty disgruntled from what I remember. And there were reports of the coaches thinking he was lazy. His value was next to nothing at that point and somehow Yzerman managed to get 2 seconds out of him. So it all worked out swimmingly I guess. One pick was Spencer (I think) and the other was Hajek or Katchouk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad