• Dallas Stars

• Colorado Avalanche

Results are only viewable after voting.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Hot takes with all the game ones done:

:bolts:cbj

Tampa Bay could be in trouble if Officer Bob-ROV-sky is truly back on the case. The Blue Jackets top tender put up an impressive 40 minutes after giving up 3 in the first period in game 1. If Bob comes out in game 2 like he finished game one the President's Champion curse could be carried forward. Sticking with Columbus in 6.

:bruins:leafs

Does Freddy Anderson have it in him to carry the Leafs to win a series against Boston? The Leafs are defensively flawed team giving up more scoring opportunities than they generate. The Leafs have not beaten the Bruins in 60 years. Sticking with Boston in 7.

:isles:pens

The Islanders stick in games with their hard nosed defensive style but is it truly enough to knock off the Pens? The Penguins are still to skilled and experienced to fall to an Islander team lacking depth. Pens in 6.

:caps:canes

O say can you Ovi? The Capitals came out of the gates flying in game 1 in their series against the Hurricanes and then let their guard down assuming it was going to be an easy series. Ovi and co learned their lesson and will not make the same mistake again. Hamilton will be exploited over and over again. Washington in 5.

:jets:blues

The White Out got silenced in game one with St. Louis and Jordan Freaking Binnington shutting down the Jets top line. Sheifele appears to have a knee or groin injury. The Jets will only go as far as Sheifele’s line will take them. Sticking with the Blues in 7.

:nashville:stars

Preds Stars sleepy naptime special. This series is going to be full of plenty of paint drying fun with 2 defensively strong teams with a noticeable lack of offence. Stars in 6.

:sharks:vegas

Rock’em Sock’em Knights and Sharks. The first game lived up to the billing of two of the most evenly matched teams in the postseason. There is no love lost between these 2 teams with plenty of extra-curricular activities after the whistle. Best series by far to watch as there is real hate and physicality in this one. This has the workings of a seven game slugfest with the battled and bruised winner limping off on one leg to the next round. Don’t really care who wins as it is great hockey but I will stick with my prediction of Vegas in 7.

:flames:avs

The Flames gave us a glimpse of how this series will play out with a defensively solid game punctuated by the stellar play of Mike Smith. While many analysts predicted a series of two run and gun offenses going punch for punch Bill Peters showed everyone otherwise by matching Selke finalist Backlund’s line against the MacKinnon line. With Bednar playing MacKinnon 20 plus minutes every night it is only a matter of time before their top line sputters out and the Flames move onto the next round. My head says this series could be done in 4 but one has to think MacKinnon will “will” the Avs to one victory. Flames in 5

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
What's the soonest that a coach has been fired after signing an extension

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sharks tie it up before the first ends. Crazy.

Honestly don't know which would be the better opponent for the Flames assuming they beat the Avalanche. Sharks can't play defense but they sure can score. They've been dominating for the most part. The Knights are opportunistic but are also up and down.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Honestly don't know which would be the better opponent for the Flames assuming they beat the Avalanche. Sharks can't play defense but they sure can score. They've been dominating for the most part. The Knights are opportunistic but are also up and down.
The team that wins the 7 game battle royal with few healthy players left.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

In a fairly officiated series, Vegas is the better opponent for the Flames. Kane, Thornton, Pavelski, Burns, Karlsson, are those unique kind of players where "normal" defensive logic doesn't apply. Vegas' scoring repertoire is more generic and tight systems can contain them. I am nervous about how the refs control the games in Vegas though.

Then again, Stastny is a Flames killer.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Home ice advantage would be way more influential against Vegas compared to the Sharks.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
As I say that, the Refs take a go-ahead goal away from the Sharks on a dubious-at-best goaltender interference, and put Vegas on the PP, and Vegas scores on the PP.
I can't help but not wear a tinfoil hat when it comes to Vegas games. They seem to get every 50/50 decision go their way

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
As I say that, the Refs take a go-ahead goal away from the Sharks on a dubious-at-best goaltender interference, and put Vegas on the PP, and Vegas scores on the PP.
I can't help but not wear a tinfoil hat when it comes to Vegas games. They seem to get every 50/50 decision go their way

The whole idea that the reffing in any series is biased is ridiculous. To suggest the ref's are out to get any single team or help any team is completely ludicrous. Are there histories between officials and players? Yes .. but much can be taken from Neal's advice for the Flames stars to not complain to the referees or question them. Johnny can really benefit from this advice.

The officials will make bad calls from time to time and in the long run you will benefit as much as you suffer. As much as I say the goal in game 6 in 2004 was in-- it was still up to the players to overcome the adversity and unfortunately they did not. The 2004 Flames crumbled on that one call.

We as fans must quit dwelling on a call and just move on. Sometimes we will get boned... Sometimes we will benefit... Such is life when you have humans playing and officiating a game. We have too many reviews now and the hockey would be better with less scrutiny.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
TBL fans want cooper fired immediately for this playoff run lol. One of the greatest regular season teams, and because the team chooses to not give two f***s, it’s his fault... dear god I’m jealous. If we ever get to the point of cup or bust, it’ll be like heaven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad